SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:25 AM
Copperopolis, CA
Joined Sep 2003
1,008 Posts
May want to check the spelling in the title of your 5th image (pic of X6) in the scrolling-image section of your website---you have "Balde" vs. "Blade."

Also on your home page, at the bottom in your Best Sellers section, you have "...no blad guard." And the page that picture's link goes to...

There may be others. Just thought you ought to know. Nothing says non-professional like misspelled words.

Jack
jforkner is offline Find More Posts by jforkner
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:41 AM
Freehold, USA
Joined Jan 2008
397 Posts
Jason Lam comes from the world of big gasser rc helicopters and not multis so this overweight multi makes complete sense to him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadman View Post
At 21lb, with blade guards and camera mount and canon t2i, two 5,000 mah 6s, flight time is around 8 mins.
To be honest I personally think a 21lbs AUW multi ONLY hauling a t2i is absolutely ridiculous. The fact that no one questioned this tells me that most here are relatively new to multis or just have no clue. A t2i and lens is under 2 lbs, so you're saying your hexacopter weighs 19 lbs all up with 2x6s but without camera? Ridiculously and needlessly heavy. You can do the same with just about half the weight (11lbs hexa with batts and gimbal without camera) same reliable 2.4ghz signal, same flight time and stability on 5s or 6s with enough power to haul an Epic if needed. Just my thoughts and some facts. My 2 year old hexa AUW with Sony FS100 and Sigma 19mm (FS100 with lens is almost 3x heavier than t2i and lens) is 17 lbs, this is with 2x5000 6s mAh lipos and 12 mins flight time.

Jason, I feel you should find some weight savings somewhere. This craft leaves no room for heavier professional cams such as RED or even a FS100...how much would the AUW be then? too much in my opinion. Looking at the gimbal i'm not sure if you could mount a FS100 or RED...gimbal is too small. Also, your mechanical/gravity roll axis stabilization is not the best solution, too many issue associated with that solution to mention.

What is the cost of each arm segment to replace when a pilot damages one due to a crash?

I see your multi is definitely marketed to new fliers who probably don't know better and not the guys who have been doing this for a while. You posted on your site that a "generic hexa" is only capable of lifting 5lbs max. We've been flying a hexa lifting a 7-8lbs payload for over 2 years now. Tabb and others have flown hexas lifting well over 20lbs.

Have you seen this video? The following video is just one out of many online examples of heavy lift hexas. Please change the info on your website as to not mislead people.
CineStar 6 payload testing - 30lb test (3 min 19 sec)

In fact there are a lot of misleading comparisons on your website.

*You make it appear as though your multi is the only multi using wooden props? Many of us have been using Xoars for quite some time now, not to mention CF props. I can go on and on about your comparison list which I have attached below.
DorianJ is offline Find More Posts by DorianJ
Last edited by DorianJ; Oct 12, 2012 at 05:32 AM.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 11:56 PM
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Mar 2004
1,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
why all the vitriol towards the guy wanting to use G10?

Everyone has their own theory regarding CF versus non RF blocking material.
Any of you who have ever flown composite gliders or large gas planes know that its a must to keep the CF away from any receivers so as to not shadow the path.

Take any 2.4ghz receiver and place it inside a CF fuse and see what sort of range you get.
It will be short. This is why most all 2.4ghz vendors have receivers with extra long ant wires specifically designed for carbon fiber installations.

With the size and complexity of this new frame, coupled with a large gimbal, thats an awful lot of CF to block signal path.

Most droidworx and Cinestar frames do not have all the design elements that this frame obviously has. They are usually very flat and straightforward frames.

This mother of all frames is not your run of the mill design as one can easily see.

If it were made of CF throughout, I'd certainly hang my Futaba diversity receivers off one of the booms pointing down so it had a clear path.

Lets try to not be discouraging to someone coming out with something new. Not very friendly I think.

Glad to see someone understands Carbon Fiber, that it can create problems with the signal. I have been in R/C for over 40 years and had my fair share of problems with different setups.
Here in the USA several years ago everyone started using carbon fiber do to the aerospace program . When there was a race for space between NASA and the Russians. The USA/NASA used Carbon Fiber and the Russians used Basalt Fiber in their aerospace program. I am surprised in this country we donít see more of Basalt Fiber used. It looks like carbon fiber and has that sexy appeal, but it has a golden cast to the fiber. If you Google and read the difference between the two it will make you wonder why carbon fiber became so popular vs. Basalt Fiber.
I have used G10 on helicopters and had no problems. Yes, the weight issue is something to consider and plan for. Yes, G10 is cheaper then Carbon Fiber and Basalt Fiber is also cheaper then Carbon Fiber but almost has the same benefits,well close too, that of Carbon Fiber offers and then some extra properties that CF does not have and is still cheaper. Now, with all that being said- the design of this Hexa is one of the better designs I have seen as of late. I have a S800 hexa and with all the problems I wish I had seen your thread a long time ago.
Go4it is offline Find More Posts by Go4it
Old Jan 13, 2013, 08:36 AM
Joined Dec 2009
1,472 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go4it View Post
Glad to see someone understands Carbon Fiber, that it can create problems with the signal. I have been in R/C for over 40 years and had my fair share of problems with different setups.
Here in the USA several years ago everyone started using carbon fiber do to the aerospace program . When there was a race for space between NASA and the Russians. The USA/NASA used Carbon Fiber and the Russians used Basalt Fiber in their aerospace program. I am surprised in this country we donít see more of Basalt Fiber used. It looks like carbon fiber and has that sexy appeal, but it has a golden cast to the fiber. If you Google and read the difference between the two it will make you wonder why carbon fiber became so popular vs. Basalt Fiber.
I have used G10 on helicopters and had no problems. Yes, the weight issue is something to consider and plan for. Yes, G10 is cheaper then Carbon Fiber and Basalt Fiber is also cheaper then Carbon Fiber but almost has the same benefits,well close too, that of Carbon Fiber offers and then some extra properties that CF does not have and is still cheaper. Now, with all that being said- the design of this Hexa is one of the better designs I have seen as of late. I have a S800 hexa and with all the problems I wish I had seen your thread a long time ago.
With all that knowledge about composite materials you bought the worst frame on this planet, the wobbling plastic junk of S800???
~>Miha<~ is offline Find More Posts by ~>Miha<~
Old Jan 13, 2013, 09:14 AM
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Mar 2004
1,107 Posts
[QUOTE=~>Miha<~;23799638]With all that knowledge about composite materials you bought the worst frame on this planet, the wobbling plastic junk of S800??? [/QUOT

Thanks I needed that on a Sunday morning. I did install carbon fiber sleeve over each arm. 100% improvement

Would I purchase another---To early in the morning, I will have to get back with you on that question.

I guess you don't belive in the statement -You get what you pay for

Your right wobbling plastic, for $2000 I did not get much. The S800 is nice looking just needs a lot of help. That's why I am looking at the AeriCam X6-nice design looks like it has solved some problems that other hexa's have.
Go4it is offline Find More Posts by Go4it