HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 10, 2012, 04:05 PM
jbb
Joined May 2006
210 Posts
Discussion
120Sr with AS3X from the mCPx - Why can't it be done?

Searched and searched and I can't find anyone who has put the AS3X on the 120SR, so the question comes to mind, if it could be done someone would have done it by now...so why can't it be done?

Now I'm not saying it has to be CP...it can be FP and use the stock 120SR blades if that's all we can do.....or make it CP with the head from a different CP flybarless heli (maybe from the Solo Pro 180 3d?)

The point is, get rid of the flybar and add the AS3X system, Fixed Pitch is fine.

What are some potential issues? Can anyone out there give some answers to these? I really don't know much about the electronics and how a different motor or servo will burn out or not work at all etc....

1) Attaching the 3 servos to the frame in the correct place (like the mCPx has them positioned)....nah, I think that's workable...it is an issue but I think it can be solved....I even thought heck, why not cut out the center of the 120SR frame and 'plastic weld' in the mCPx frame...

2) mCPx servo aren't strong enough....I can see that, so

3) Use the 120SR servos, but just connect them to the AS3X system (will the mCPx system be able to push the 120SR servos? Or would something burn out?

31/2) The 120SR servos aren't even up to the task of going flybarless....so, what other servos out there would work?

4) Motor....maybe the 120Sr motor would burn up the AS3X from the mCPx....idk but sure that sounds reasonable....but why not just use a brushless setup, then the current isn't going through the board (?)

Again, I'm not looking for a 3D capable machine....just want to get the AS3X onboard somehow, get the flybar off, and fly around in 2D and even Fixed Pitch.....then mabey find a CP solution....and then think about 3D after all that is sorted.

I saw a Youtube out there once where someone put the mCPx AS3X system onboard a 450....but why isn't anyone doing it on the 120SR? What is the critical path that isn't working out?

Thanks in advance to anyone who listens, and knows the answers!

(not really looking for "well, I think this" and "well, probably that".....looking for "you could do this, but that would cause this to fry and that will blow up...for sure"...)

jbb is offline Find More Posts by jbb
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2012, 03:38 PM
jbb
Joined May 2006
210 Posts
LOL, never mind!

http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/D...ProdId=BLH3780

But I still think it'd be a cool project...and gotta be cheaper than $280 to create
Old Apr 12, 2012, 06:18 PM
Joined Oct 2008
308 Posts
Maybe HH will pay you for your suggestion. My guess is that it has been in the works for a while.
SeaDog-Chief is offline Find More Posts by SeaDog-Chief
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:59 PM
jbb
Joined May 2006
210 Posts
This guy put the mcpx board into a HK 450

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0#post18035917

why no one tried with a 120?

even though the 130x is out, I think the price is kind of high and worried about the tail gears.