HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 10, 2012, 10:41 AM
United States, FL, Largo
Joined Sep 2010
11 Posts
Cool
ProBoat Impulse 26 Brushless vs. Stock

Long story short...Got my dad an Impulse 26 for xmas, let the wifey drive it so we had to pick her one up last week. Decided to put brushless system in dads and show the difference between his modded and hers stock....enjoy!

ProBoat Shockwave / Impulse 26 Brushless vs. Stock This is what came before the Shockwave 26 (1 min 49 sec)
iPOWERSi is offline Find More Posts by iPOWERSi
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 10, 2012, 03:31 PM
Fly now crash later
Canada, ON, Newmarket
Joined Nov 2006
2,245 Posts
Very nice, I have the stock Impulse 26 and want to upgrade to brushless as well. Are you still using the stock running gear? Shaft\prop etc.
davecrash is offline Find More Posts by davecrash
Old Apr 10, 2012, 07:54 PM
United States, FL, Largo
Joined Sep 2010
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davecrash View Post
Very nice, I have the stock Impulse 26 and want to upgrade to brushless as well. Are you still using the stock running gear? Shaft\prop etc.
Yup, I originally put the stock brushless set up from my miss geico and that was fun, but decided to put my upgraded miss geico set up in her which is what u see in this video. The MG flex shaft is the same as the impulses, at least in thickness and durability, I think lengths may be different.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 09:25 AM
Redneck Injuneer
Bradenton, Florida
Joined Aug 2007
6,174 Posts
I just noticed your location. You should try to get down and run with us sometimes. http://www.wfmbc.com for more information and map.
bill34207 is online now Find More Posts by bill34207
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 11, 2012, 01:44 PM
United States, FL, Largo
Joined Sep 2010
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill34207 View Post
I just noticed your location. You should try to get down and run with us sometimes. http://www.wfmbc.com for more information and map.
I have heard of you guys before. Been wanting to check it out, but i've been hesitant since I only have one boat (ProBoat Miss Geico) I'd hate to drive that far and get a lap or two down and have something go bad, lol. Now that I'm building out one of these impulses for the wifey it will be ok for me to look at another boat for myself then I won't be so trepidatious about coming down.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:23 PM
Low rates are for wimps
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined May 2008
3,311 Posts
I just upgraded my Impulse 26 as well! She moves along pretty quick now!

I kept mine down to 3S though.

Proboat Impulse 26 on Brushless Power - FAST!!! (6 min 12 sec)
bwoollia is online now Find More Posts by bwoollia
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:32 PM
I feel the need for speed!
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,086 Posts
Was the whole 6 minute video with the same battery............or did you charge up and go back out? You mentioned choosing your setup based on what othees were doiing, I cant imagine anyone using a 3700kv motor on 3s for a boat, thats over 40,000 rpm's, so there are others that have gotten away with this type of setup?
scorpion1 is offline Find More Posts by scorpion1
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:53 PM
Low rates are for wimps
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined May 2008
3,311 Posts
I'm getting about five minutes, maybe a bit more. I'm not a boat guy, so I went with the recommendation of others on HobbyKing. The motor is slightly warm after a run, ESC is warm-ish but a long way from hot, the battery is healthy warm. Last run came back with 3.7V per cell. I'm using the stock two bladed prop. Seems to be an ideal setup!
bwoollia is online now Find More Posts by bwoollia