HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 10, 2012, 11:26 AM
Joined Sep 2008
25 Posts
Build Log
1:1 MC 15 CRICRI (Cricket) Scratch Build

Hello friends,

This project was actually meant for gaining knowledge and expertise before start with building my first home built. French origin MC 15 CRICRI (cricket)

It hold the record of world smallest twin engine aircraft.

The place where i live, aviation materials are rare, sometime completely not available. So to avoid any wastage of sheet aluminium and other materials which i was about to import, i decided to create each part of aircraft of aircraft, to understand it in real a 3 D view, and also understanding the assembly of the part.

I look around for the materials to start with prototype, For saving my time, I choose cardboard as construction material.
As it was easy to mold, fabricate, cutting was easy in comparison to plywood. and gluing was easy. And overall was cheap.

Earlier plan was to understand few key parts of aircraft. But it expanded to fabricating all parts of aircraft. And at last assemble them, to make a complete aircraft.

So result is a 1:1 full size mockup of real CRICRI. it's accuracy is in mm, as i strictly followed the plans, and way to gain habit for being accurate with things.

I tried to document all parts of my build. I will update thread with the pictures of the build.

Thanks

Zed
zed1234 is offline Find More Posts by zed1234
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 10, 2012, 09:03 PM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,532 Posts
I have been dreaming of building a 1:1 Scale Cri Cri for many years now. Its been done as an indoor RC plane and I think it would be ideal. So, this is just a mock up ? Shame your not going to build it as a flying model. Seems alot of work for a nice indoor sculpure !
OzparkPilot is offline Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Old Apr 10, 2012, 09:17 PM
IWC
Joined Feb 2003
2,775 Posts
http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...23_jlPLxm-JCmA
IWC is offline Find More Posts by IWC
Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:43 PM
Joined Sep 2008
25 Posts
Bingwing I know.

But earlier idea was only for fabricating some complex parts of CRICRI and study them. But slowly, it turned crazy and when i finished, i found a big mock up, lying in my room.

I do not even have space, to make it stand with its wings and tail plane.
I am talking with few institutions or any nice place. where they like to preserve it for educational purpose.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:51 PM
Joined Sep 2008
25 Posts
Also it is not just indoor sculpure. It was a like doing homework. before starting with real CRICRI.

Currently working on a real CRICRI
Old Apr 12, 2012, 06:46 PM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,532 Posts
I would built one if I fit ! But the Cri Cris maximum pilot weight is 70 Kgs... ;-(...
OzparkPilot is offline Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:59 PM
Hope is not a Strategy
Australia, VIC, Caroline Springs
Joined Apr 2011
1,475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BingWing View Post
I would built one if I fit ! But the Cri Cris maximum pilot weight is 70 Kgs... ;-(...
which with today's world is only 10% of the population haha

I would have to loose a leg (or two) for me to be in weight
Lojik is offline Find More Posts by Lojik
Old Apr 13, 2012, 09:07 AM
Joined Sep 2008
25 Posts
My construction manual permits pilot weight upto 90 Kg