HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 17, 2012, 06:13 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
Thats the plan. Get there Friday evening. This year we will be staying at the field in our motor home. One or two of my buddies from Birmingham may just come too. They were there with me and the wife last time we came.

I will be bringing about 8 RX ready combat planes and 5 kits that I cut on my CNC machine. So, those will be available too. Might even have more. Who knows.

Thanks Phil

Laine.
lmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by lmopar69
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 17, 2012, 08:30 AM
Joined Nov 2010
23 Posts
I can't wait! This has always been one of my favorite places to go. Hopefully I won't set the field on fire this time! Lol
utjason8 is offline Find More Posts by utjason8
Old Aug 20, 2012, 04:00 PM
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Aug 2011
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by utjason8 View Post
I can't wait! This has always been one of my favorite places to go. Hopefully I won't set the field on fire this time! Lol
That was a pretty bad weekend for you (your planes anyhow) but was a spectacular event when the bipe went down and ended in flames ... It happens....
We look forward to having you back again this year after our conflicting dates last year..Bring night birds!!
I need to get with you also on a shirt order for us.. Get your girl to drawing up a design and I'll be in touch... Thanks again Jason!!
Phillip
Phillipc is offline Find More Posts by Phillipc
Old Aug 21, 2012, 09:08 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
Gonna have a few of these little beasts along with if anyone needs a RX ready fun flyer or combat plane!

Planes are built and include:
Castle Creations Thunderbird 18
Suppo 1800kv motor
APC 7x4E prop
prop adapter
9 gram servos
Dubro 2/56 kwik links
Deans connectors

Just add your RX and 1300mah lipo.

Laine.
Last edited by lmopar69; Aug 21, 2012 at 09:24 PM.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 09:10 PM
Joined Aug 2011
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmopar69 View Post
Gonna have a few of these little beasts along with if anyone needs a RX ready fun flyer or combat plane!

Planes are built and include:
Castle Creations Thunderbird 18
Suppo 1800kv motor
APC 7x4E prop
prop adapter
9 gram servos
Dubro 2/56 kwik links
Deans connectors

Just add your RX and 1300mah lipo.

Laine.
Sweet Deal Laine... Put me one back...!!
Old Aug 21, 2012, 09:31 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
Will do Phil. They are a hoot to fly!
Old Aug 29, 2012, 02:33 AM
Joined Aug 2011
40 Posts
We're less than 2 weeks away and it's shaping up to be a fun fly-in..Friday night early bird flying and possibly a cookout. Then on Saturday night, a major night fly and if enough participating, we may have a fire pit going and have a Weeny roast and marshmallows. We have one club member is talking about a plane and Airsoft? His donation to the club for the event and for a set monetary donation,you will have 3 attempts as he flies down the runway and see if you can take it out. Sound like fun ? It does to me!!! There have been days where we pick up bits of foam from our night outings and antics..

If you have suggestions to make our event better or if there is anything that you would like to see us do for our event, please let us know. Games? Challenges? Contests? We are open to ideas.

We are ramping up to our 10th Annual event in 2013 and want to make it a Milestone Event that is one to attend for certain! Let us hear from you!
Old Aug 29, 2012, 07:02 AM
Joined Nov 2011
240 Posts
I plan on having the van loaded up Thur night and heading that way right after work Fri. Should be there by 7 ish...

Phil. If your up posting on RCG @ 2:30 am then you must have the pics and hexi vids from the giant scale ready to post right?
Arkole Blake is online now Find More Posts by Arkole Blake
Old Aug 31, 2012, 04:15 PM
Joined Aug 2011
40 Posts
One (1) Week away guys!! Are you ready to have fun in Tullahoma? I have been getting some good feedback and email interest in the event. We have some goodies for our pilots prize vault to give away thanks to the generosity of kind folks out there. Sponsors so far this year include:

Tower Hobbies - Thanks Tower Hobbies
2 $10 off coupons & tower talk sales catalogs

Family Hobbies- Smyrna TN Thanks Billy & Cindy
2 2200mAh 25c 3S batteries
1 heavy "E-flite" Cap
1 E-flite T-shirt

Hobby Lobby Intl - Thanks Jason, Deb & Mike
2 2100 mAh 20c 3S batteries
1 45a Erc ESC w/ SBEC
1 Erc Micro Stik RTF micro flyer.

CAF Photog- Rich Eichel (Club photographer/vinyl graphics)
5 ea "I Fly RC" Window decals
5 ea "Fly Electric" Window decals (little boy peeing on Fuel)

More coming from Atlanta Hobbies, RC Radio network, Mercury Adhesives, Windsor Propeller & more.

Make plans now to come fly with us.. Day and/or night!
Last edited by Phillipc; Aug 31, 2012 at 10:06 PM.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 04:59 PM
Team 3DHS
Nashville , Tennessee
Joined Jan 2009
5,472 Posts
I hope to be there!
wamsy55 is offline Find More Posts by wamsy55
Old Aug 31, 2012, 06:28 PM
Joined Aug 2011
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamsy55 View Post
I hope to be there!
I hope you are too.. You know you have access to planes if yours is still out of commission. so come on anyway.

Phillip
Old Sep 01, 2012, 10:03 PM
Joined Aug 2011
40 Posts
Ric Vaughn

Guys, I am just going to take a moment to wish a friend farewell that we lost today. Ric Vaughn (S.E.F.F.) Many of you probably knew him and many may have not ever have met him, but he was a friend without you knowing it. Ric visited with us several times at TEFF to have fun and enjoy flying and fellowship. He will be missed by his friends here at Tullahoma- Coffee Airfoilers. I am posting a link here to a thread for those that wish to say a word or two about Ric and to his family.
Ric Vaughn succumbed to cancer today. September 1st 2012
Godspeed sir.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1723718
Last edited by Phillipc; Sep 02, 2012 at 01:37 AM.
Old Sep 02, 2012, 09:13 AM
United States, TN, Tullahoma
Joined May 2008
5 Posts
T e f f

Looking Foward To The Tullahoma, Coffee Airfoilers TEFF Fun Fly ..On Arnold Airforce Base In Tullahoma Tennessee... Should Be a Great Event As It Always is ..Lots Of Great Pilots , Lots Of Great Planes , & Lots of GREAT FLYING ...
Arapaho is offline Find More Posts by Arapaho
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:26 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
Made my reservations on Arnold AFB today. We wanted to bring the motor home, but, I currently have the radiator out of it. Either way, we'll be there late Friday!

Laine.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 09:52 AM
United States, TN, Jasper
Joined Oct 2010
5 Posts
I am gonna put some grub together for us to eat on Saturday night after all the "official" stuff is done. How many are gonna hang out and do some night "flying"? We will have some roadkill meatballs and a couple of dutch oven cobblers going. Let's put something together and have a good time Saturday night. If we have enough participation we might have quite a spread. We'll even fire up the grill if need be. Put down what you got to bring.
lraydo is offline Find More Posts by lraydo