SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by SkyCadet, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 12:16 AM
Find More Posts by SkyCadet
Segelfliegen bedeutet Freiheit
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined May 2010
1,083 Posts
Discussion
The re-maiden of my Lancair ES!!!

Came in tonight from a great session with my Lancair ES by Great Planes. I built her nearly two years ago, and flew her only 3x in the fall of 2010. I flew it about 8x last year, and put in a new power system (motor is now a 1120Kv, 335W RC Timer motor).

With a Eflite 30A ESC, the 1120Kv motor and 9x7x3 MAS prop on there, this really zings along! I also upgraded the aileron linkages to Sullivan Clevices and 2-56 threaded rods. MUCH better aileron response, and better overall roll management. She trimmed out in no time, and I did a few fast passes, some general cruising at 45%-55% throttle. I use 2100 mAh 40C Lipos and this consumed about 760mAh of the available ~1600 (75-80% cutoff point) so even with 2-2.5 minutes at near WOT during the several passes, I only used about 50% in the ~9 minute flight. I get just under 22 min max on sedate flying with this system - pretty efficient considering WOT is 295W/9000 RPM for a max flying speed around 60 knots or 115km/h or so!

Pix below... I really like this little rocket! At 33oz. this runs ~140W/lb.!! Pretty sporty.

SkyCadet
SkyCadet is offline Find More Posts by SkyCadet
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New plane - Evader!!!
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 10, 2012, 04:39 AM
Find More Posts by anna.crazy
My astounded R/C Aircraft
Joined Apr 2012
31 Posts
Hey , can we be friends ? I really want to learn more about R/C aircraft , and want to learn from you . would you mind being friends with me ?
You can add me by :
MSN:unique.anna@hotmail.com
Gmail:anna.unique model@gmail.com
E-mail:sales02@uniquemodelrc.com
yahoo:annahe99@yahoo.com

I am waitting
anna.crazy is offline Find More Posts by anna.crazy
Old Apr 10, 2012, 09:49 PM
Find More Posts by SkyCadet
Segelfliegen bedeutet Freiheit
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined May 2010
1,083 Posts
Anna,

You can PM me if you want - this looks like a corporate email soliciting, not a bona-fide hobby post. Please elaborate...
SkyCadet is offline Find More Posts by SkyCadet
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New plane - Evader!!!