New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 09, 2012, 11:48 PM
Find More Posts by jdreitman
Joined Feb 2010
206 Posts
Discussion
DJI Wookong M GPS does not work in Australia (for most)

I finished building my DJI F550 + WKM about two weeks ago and finally had the chance to fly it over the weekend. I wanted to warn people about a known issue before they go out and purchase this thing. The GPS is known to have issues in the southern hemisphere especially here in Australia. I'm able to get a gps lock on the ground after less than a minute, however as soon as you start to fly, the GPS signal is lost and there is nothing you can do unless you turn the unit off/on again. VERY frustrating.

DJI sent me an email saying they are aware of the problem, and they are sending a technician down to Australia to get it resolved. They did not however commit to a date as to when the technician will arrive. I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

I really hope this issue get's resolved ASAP as at the moment, I've spend a lot of money to essentially be flying with a Naza controller (no GPS).

bummer
jdreitman is offline Find More Posts by jdreitman
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 09, 2012, 11:52 PM
Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
13,810 Posts
I would post your concerns here;

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1628068

You will get a larger following.