HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by SkyCadet, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 09, 2012, 07:21 PM
Segelfliegen bedeutet Freiheit
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined May 2010
1,080 Posts
Discussion
Upgraded wheels, canopy cut/tinted, just need to balance!

I decided to put on bigger wheels on the Pitts to handle deeper grass. I opted for Hangar 9's 2.5" Prolites. I used a 5/32 Brass shim to mate to the axles, but I am planning on getting a better axle system to handle beefier touchdowns. The stock setup seems like it might come loose over time.

The 2.5" wheels look better, and should handle things a bit better too. I had 2.25" H9PLs before, these have more of a "tire" look to them - closer to scale photos I've seen with PItts 12s on the net that do not use pants.

I also medium-tinted my canopy, it looks darker due to the lighting. It's at about 55% tint. I finished cutting it and smoothing it out, just need to glue it on (waiting until I can decide how the balance is planned, as I may add some weight in the cockpit rear).

Other than that, just waiting for my 4S batteries to show up, glue the canopy, and I'm flying!!!

Pix below...

SkyCadet
SkyCadet is offline Find More Posts by SkyCadet
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Finally here in Winnipeg...
to remove ads between posts