HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 09, 2012, 05:27 PM
Nampa Idaho
Joined Jun 2006
396 Posts
Discussion
Hobby King Order Status "Unpaid"??

This is really not a complaint more like I am confused. I have ordered and received many items from Hobby King without problems, but this time there seems to be an issue.

I ordered some servos from the USA wareshouse and placed the order using my pre paid debit card. After several days the order is still showing "Unpaid" and my debit card account is showing "pending". I have sent a request in to HK for an explaniation but cannot seem to get an answer.

Does anyone know what might be the problem and is there a possible solution?

Thx,

Ron
EZ Money is offline Find More Posts by EZ Money
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 09, 2012, 07:35 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,012 Posts
Cancel the order and try again, preferably with PayPal.
If you want to do that go to the order page and bring up that order. You should have the option to Pay or to cancel.

Seems someone else had the same problem with a debit card and HK wanted a copy of the card.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Apr 09, 2012, 08:05 PM
Nampa Idaho
Joined Jun 2006
396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
Cancel the order and try again, preferably with PayPal.
If you want to do that go to the order page and bring up that order. You should have the option to Pay or to cancel.

Seems someone else had the same problem with a debit card and HK wanted a copy of the card.
Thanks, I cancelled it but I guess I will have to go to my credit card to have the monies moved from pending back into my account balance.
Old Apr 09, 2012, 08:10 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ Money View Post
Thanks, I cancelled it but I guess I will have to go to my credit card to have the monies moved from pending back into my account balance.
See this post - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...76&postcount=4
Old Apr 09, 2012, 09:40 PM
Nampa Idaho
Joined Jun 2006
396 Posts
So, how do I see my credits? Will they show up at some future time?

Thx X 2

Ron
Old Apr 09, 2012, 10:37 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,012 Posts
Go to "View My Account"
To the right of your name you will see a box that tells the number of points (credits) you have.
Right now mine says
Quote:
$0.04
Old Apr 10, 2012, 11:58 PM
Suspended Account
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Jan 2012
239 Posts
Call your credit card company and they will explain why it's pending. HK is holding your money by tying it up in your debit card account. You learn the companies can tie your money up on a debit card for several days to several weeks.
countilaw is offline Find More Posts by countilaw
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 11, 2012, 07:14 PM
China, Guangdong, Shenzhen
Joined Jan 2010
17 Posts
Had the same thing happen

When I checked my CC account, I could see that the transaction was still pending. (It showed as completed in PP) My particular CC company takes about 3 days to clear pending transactions. Once the pending transaction was completed, HK updated my order and processed it.

Now I am having another problem though were a transaction shows as completed, but my HK order status is showing "unpaid." The transaction posted 3 days ago, and still no update in my HK account. I have tried numerous times to get in touch with someone at HK to let me know if I should cancel the order and start over, or what, but of course like everyone else here, support has been non-existent so far. (I have used support including chat in the past and had no problems, but they are really slow these days)

Also, I am unable to get any CC transactions to go through on the HK site. The first attempt always fails, and my CC company tells me that the transactions comes across as $0.00, so they reject it. I then have to go into my order and use the "pay now" option, which starts a manual paypal transaction. Next time I will skip the CC tran all together, and just use paypal as I get charged each time the CC tran fails.
Whirlyman5000 is offline Find More Posts by Whirlyman5000
Old Apr 12, 2012, 01:23 AM
China, Guangdong, Shenzhen
Joined Jan 2010
17 Posts
My issue has been resolved via e-mail support

I e-mailed support, and they verified that the payment was completed. My order has been updated to a "received" status. It took about 24 hours to get a response from support.

Also, I found this while looking through my order:

*If your order is still pending and you're certain you have paid, please do NOT cancel you order. Instead, contact our support staff to double check your payment and process your order.
Whirlyman5000 is offline Find More Posts by Whirlyman5000
Old Apr 12, 2012, 01:19 PM
Nampa Idaho
Joined Jun 2006
396 Posts
After several days of it showing "unpaid" I finally cancelled the order. The HK site shows it as cancelled but no action has been taken to give me store credit or a refund for a payment. I would expect this could take up to a week but they do not answer my inquiries.

I sent them another inquiry and let them know it I do not get at least a response I will file a complaint with my credit card company.

I have had such good luck with HK in the past but I will be very hesitant to order from them again. Nitroplanes, X-Heli, Hobbypartz and Value Hobby have basically the same items at the same prices with much fewer problems. Faster too.