HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by The Big One, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 09, 2012, 04:08 PM
No this is not a "model" 1911!
United States, NV, Henderson
Joined Nov 2011
76 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
Wanted
Eight (8) Graupner E-Prop 10x5

Need 8 of these... if you know of a place I can find them in the U.S. or if you have some extra (new or like new condition) you want to get rid of, let me know please... Found at least two vendors here that showed them in stock; placed the order and made the payment only to find out that they are out of stock and they refunded my money! We live in 2012 for god's sake; how hard is it to integrate a live inventory system in your website?!
The Big One is offline Find More Posts by The Big One
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 09, 2012, 04:48 PM
manual flying apologist
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,944 Posts
Trader Rating: 42
z tony has them.

http://www.rc-drones.com/Props.php

he offers free shipping on props as well!
Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275
Old Apr 09, 2012, 05:06 PM
Joined Nov 2011
76 Posts
yeah.... no he doesn't... He was one of the two vendors from whom I ordered and got my money back the next day... :-D
Old Apr 09, 2012, 05:09 PM
manual flying apologist
Joined Mar 2011
6,944 Posts
bummer, he did have them last week.

sorry for the bad information. They seem to go into and out of stock very quickly.

I can recommend gothelirc.com GemFam CF reinforced props, they are stiffer than APCs and lighter as well. And they dont break in flight like the EPP ones!

http://www.gothelirc.com/shopdisplay...=GF+Propellers
Old Apr 09, 2012, 05:17 PM
Joined Nov 2011
76 Posts
No worries... I have been given worse info. The website shows them in stock or at least doesn't show them out of stock anyway...

As for the GemFam... they are... well... pretty... and really cheap! So you have used them personally? APC is fine, but I am just having a tough time getting them balanced... maybe my balancer is crappy or I am, or the props are... for now, I am going with the latter.

Thanks for the recommendation. Will definitely research them...
Old Apr 09, 2012, 05:22 PM
manual flying apologist
Joined Mar 2011
6,944 Posts
i was using APC slowfly props and was tired of balancing them and they are heavy and have too much flex in FF flight.

I was looking for graupner's about 3 weeks ago and could not find them instock!

that was when I was turned on to the GemFan CF props. I now have them on both my Y-6s

I have the 12", 11" and 10" CF versions and they are quick to balance (not perfect) and very stiff. I have been flying them for about 3 weeks with out a break! well i had a midair collision with a tiger moth that broke one..... but yeah

I am thinking of getting Xoar Precision Pair props for real AP work, the GF are fine, but something tells me there are better.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 02:12 PM
Joined Nov 2011
76 Posts
I checked my toolbox last night and noticed that my XAircraft Hexa frame kit originally came with 6 of these CF props! What a coincidence! I had not even touched these because I was told to just go with APC props.

Late last night I popped a few these on my balancer to see how they are and sure enough every single one of the 4 or 5 that I put on my balancer had a hub that was heavier on one side (the side where the mold was injected--easy to tell due to the uneven surface)... But the blades seem to be pretty much balanced... at least on the few that I checked they were. I might play with them a bit tonight to see if I can get the hubs balanced. I just hate to use the CA glue method for the hub balance. I saw a Velcro trick somewhere online... not too sure if that's a good idea or not (i.e., just attach a small Velcro on the lighter side of the hub and if it's still too light, then apply the CA on the Velcro). It's definitely easier than just CA by itself since I don't want to use the Zippy Zappy whatever sprays and without them CA tends to run easily...

I looked into Xoar Precision Pair props for my Droidworx Octa rig.... but they are just way too expensive... have to save up some serious money for that many of them!

Anyhow, still looking for Graupner 10x5 props in case someone comes across any...