Old Apr 09, 2012, 03:14 PM
Huntsville, AL
Joined Nov 2009
135 Posts
Discussion
Need help setting up Kanchana Multiwii board in GUI

I have this board

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1534225

and was able to get the 1.9 firmware loaded on it but cannot get the GUI to interface with the board. I did flash the board with multiwii 1.9 using Arduino 022 since Arduino 1.0 isn't compatable with 1.9 (so I've heard). It said the upload was successful though....

I flashed it in Arduino for the board Arduino Pro or Pro Mini (3.3V, 8MHz) w/ ATmega 328 which I am assuming is correct based on the information in Kanchana's blog http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=249218

Second design features

Dimensions 50 mm X 50 mm
Standard Mk style mounting holes 45mm X 45mm
SMD component design with atmega328
ITG3200 TRIPLE AXIS GYRO , ADXL345 ACCELEROMETER
Design with servo output for Camera Pitch and Roll
Separate 3.3v regulated supply for the sensors
On board logic level converter
USB to TTL (FT232) circuit built in for easy programming

After selecting the right COM port, press start, and then press read, I get nothing. No reads from gyros, accelerometers, nothing, its as if nothing is connected. What all needs to be connected to the board when interfacing with the GUI? I've tried just the board, the board with the jumpers to the Rx, Tx on and off, and with everything plugged in, ESCs, etc

The LED stays solid green when hooked up to the GUI.

When I power up the board with everything connected and the Tx on (not connected to the PC) I get one short flash of the LED and then it goes solid. I have all the end points in the Tx set to 105% like what is recommended. I cannot arm the board with any combination of stick movements. When the LED is solid green that is suposse to mean its armed but it does that automatically when I power up the tri.

Trying to give out everything I have experienced to help troubleshoot the problem because I dont have a clue what is going on
crash821 is offline Find More Posts by crash821
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 09, 2012, 03:15 PM
Huntsville, AL
Joined Nov 2009
135 Posts
also made sure the speed of the USB COM port was 115200
crash821 is offline Find More Posts by crash821