HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 09, 2012, 01:09 PM
MasonJee
United States, MO, Ballwin
Joined Apr 2012
48 Posts
Idea
Need some ideas for first scratch built plane please

I'm pretty new to the hobby, have an pz ember 2, pz um polecat and a pz um trojan (which is in the top of a very large tree at the moment) and i am interested in making a plane. I've already seen the cheap components on HK and have been looking at some plans on parkjets.com
but would like some input from you guys. ive heard of the nutball being extremely easy to build but want a beginner jet blueprint..
thoughts ideas suggestions are welcome!
masonjee is offline Find More Posts by masonjee
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 09, 2012, 01:28 PM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
12,901 Posts
Have you had a look in the 'Sticky' threads, (top of this forum), there is a thread full of free plans with links to the build threads -

Plans For Scratchbuilt Foamies

Unless you feel very confident at flying, (and landing), then a jet type model is not usually recommended, but there are some among the free plans.

That is a good place to start, as it gives you loads of information on how to build, also what power systems etc was used.
eflightray is online now Find More Posts by eflightray
Old Apr 09, 2012, 01:39 PM
Canada, ON, Peterborough
Joined Oct 2009
426 Posts
The TomHe F22 is a pretty forgiving pusher jet. I personally love the small version: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=795691

I've built 3 of these $tree foam. Good flight envelope, handles well, and reasonably durable.

For a nice solid build, and easy to fly plane, the BluBaby is where its at: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=681556

I have built several 33" and a couple of 24" models. Always a pleasure to just cruise around with.
Ace12GA is offline Find More Posts by Ace12GA
Old Apr 09, 2012, 02:27 PM
MasonJee
United States, MO, Ballwin
Joined Apr 2012
48 Posts
Thanks for the quick responses, already looking into your suggestions, Ive been seeing the TomHe f22 shape alot and am leaning in that direction
masonjee is offline Find More Posts by masonjee
Old Apr 12, 2012, 05:39 PM
Because gas is for BBQ's
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Feb 2011
729 Posts
Heres another F22 that is a little easier to build.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=740049

This was my second scratchbuild and probably still my favourite plane.

I plan on building a Tomhe F22 next.
nogas is offline Find More Posts by nogas