HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 01, 2012, 12:31 PM
"day ain't over yet-"
Western N.Y. winemaking country
Joined Jun 2005
9,752 Posts
Yes Tim, I made it home early this afternoon, after staying over in Columbus OH last night, as I can no longer do that long haul in one day, and still feel good afterward---.

I will see what if any decent photos I took, and post them sometime later---.
der kapitan is offline Find More Posts by der kapitan
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2012, 06:52 PM
GPR
Rochester, Michigan
Joined Jan 2009
497 Posts
I attended the show both days and had a great time! It is really a fantastic location for a regatta. The event was held right at the Boathouse Restaurant in Forest Park. There was a lot of activity in the park including the zoo, museum, golf course, several foot races and a Scottish Festival in addition to our gathering. In fact, the only negative was that there was so much activity that parking places were very scarce for those who came late. Models were displayed under a permanent tent right next to the restaurant and there was a fair amount of traffic from interested passers by. Models were run in a channel between a dock for paddle boat rental and the area where patrons were waiting for tables or just enjoying a beverage in the sunshine. People were able to see the boats running up close. Boats could also leave the channel and run out in the open lake. I was very busy talking with members and visitors and running my models, so I didn't have a lot of time for taking pictures. These pictures were taken on Sunday morning before the activities picked up again. All in all, a super show put on by a nice group of guys. Thanks for the hospitality!
GPR is offline Find More Posts by GPR
Old Oct 02, 2012, 07:01 PM
Monterey Bay California
Joined Feb 2004
13,945 Posts
Nice pictures, looks like a nice place to run boats.
Aerominded is offline Find More Posts by Aerominded
Old Oct 02, 2012, 07:02 PM
WooHoo!
Lake Balboa, CA
Joined Jun 2007
5,069 Posts
Great shots GPR. Thanks for sharing. Your Thunderbird looks better all the time. Did ya get those pesky propulsion kinks worked out?
woodybob is offline Find More Posts by woodybob
Old Oct 02, 2012, 07:15 PM
GPR
Rochester, Michigan
Joined Jan 2009
497 Posts
Woodybob,
She runs beautifully now. Scale speed and wake are just what I have been hoping for. Now if I could only get the sound system to work right!
GPR is offline Find More Posts by GPR
Old Oct 02, 2012, 07:51 PM
Joined Sep 2007
662 Posts
Kap i'll try to make it next year....great place for a regatta!!!
Jeff will love Franklin...Don just finished the YMS minesweeper hull...can't wait to see it.
osalvat is offline Find More Posts by osalvat
Old Oct 02, 2012, 10:48 PM
Joined Jul 2007
2,723 Posts
That FF hull was Huge! The hulls Greenboat and I bought could both fit inside it with plenty of room to spare. Hopefully next year Ill have something new to bring.
Predreadnut is offline Find More Posts by Predreadnut
Old Oct 03, 2012, 08:13 AM
"day ain't over yet-"
Western N.Y. winemaking country
Joined Jun 2005
9,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predreadnut View Post
That FF hull was Huge! The hulls Greenboat and I bought could both fit inside it with plenty of room to spare. Hopefully next year Ill have something new to bring.
Tim, yes, the Franklin hull is one of the largest hulls I mold, and it made the trip to St. Louis in the passenger seat (reclined flat) of my Cavalier coupe, which was the only way I could fit it in the car---.
der kapitan is offline Find More Posts by der kapitan
Old Oct 03, 2012, 09:01 PM
If you cant find it Build it!
NEAR ST. LOUIS ILL. SIDE
Joined Jan 2006
1,505 Posts
That Franklin is a big one, and wow what a great glass job Karl does!
Microglass does the best glass work I ever seen everybody should own one!
LONGBIKE is offline Find More Posts by LONGBIKE
Old Oct 03, 2012, 09:28 PM
Oakland Ca.
Joined Aug 2009
8,621 Posts
Pics !

Close ups of this hull Please ...

Tim B. is offline Find More Posts by Tim B.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 11:29 PM
Oakland Ca.
Joined Aug 2009
8,621 Posts
Better late than never ~

These are Great !!!

Thanks.
Tim B. is offline Find More Posts by Tim B.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 11:45 PM
boat butcher
Whittier CA.
Joined Oct 2009
1,155 Posts
Great pic's . Looks like a great event.

Mark
the goon is offline Find More Posts by the goon
Old Oct 04, 2012, 12:09 AM
"I want more air time!"
Joined May 2008
1,150 Posts
I had a great time at the St. Louis Admirals 24th Annual Regatta on Saturday.

I have been learning for the past couple years the hobby of FPV (First Person View). Using a camera and video transmitters and receivers down linking the video to a screen or goggles. Then viewing and flying /boating out of your regular line of sight. It started with studying to acquire a Hams license. For the most part I use FPV on my model planes. I wanted to give FPV a chance on my two model boats I had built 6-8 years ago. FPV worked out great on my Air Boat so I then moved the equipment to the Coast Guard 47. And finished mounting the gear on the Coast Guard 47 on Friday night. I used 5.8GHz for the video and my old 75.49MHz on the R/C control. With my planes I switched my Radio gear over to Dragon Link 435 UHF giving my R/C planes 10+ miles of range. " See were this is going" My goal is to be able to put a model boat on a large lake next and see if I can get 1or 2 miles...........we will see! My Coast Guard will need some TLC with a new Speed controller, not bad! Thank You for the guys that took part with there tugs to get me with in reaching distance.
Some info on Dragon Link for FPV. http://www.dragonlinkstore.com/v2/
But for now enjoy the video on Vimeo.
ST. LOUIS ADMIRALS REGATTA (8 min 23 sec)

Or watch the same video on Youtube
FPV Coast Guard 47 (8 min 24 sec)
Eternalflight is offline Find More Posts by Eternalflight
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Eternalflight; Oct 04, 2012 at 12:25 AM.