HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 08, 2012, 11:43 PM
Live to fly
Sacramento
Joined Apr 2005
5,557 Posts
Help!
600TVL SONY SUPER HAD CCD D-WDR Color Board Camera OSD Menu 2.8mm lens not working

Hey guys! So I bought this camera and I can't figure out if it is working. My friend helped me change the wiring to work with my Fatshark transmitter and everything is connected correctly. When I power it up, nothing, not even static. I doubled checked the lens cap is off ; ) and wonder if I am missing something. Is there something on the OSD that I am missing. Worried I got a bad camera. Any ideas?
bighead93 is offline Find More Posts by bighead93
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCX racer
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 09, 2012, 03:29 PM
NDw
Ireland, Limerick, Kilmallock
Joined Aug 2010
2,123 Posts
Hi could you post of picture of your wiring?
NDw is offline Find More Posts by NDw
Old Apr 09, 2012, 04:13 PM
Joined May 2009
135 Posts
camera

Hey mate, I have the exact same camera, works great! Post a picture of the wiring
wrath90210 is offline Find More Posts by wrath90210
Old Apr 09, 2012, 04:20 PM
Quad lover.
Joined Dec 2011
853 Posts
I have been looking at this camera, it has a RCA connector and another connector ( which we don't use). Not sure where they expect you to connect 12v up, it would be easy to wire it up but I would have thought you would get a presoldered 12v connector of some sorts.
chaosdestro0 is offline Find More Posts by chaosdestro0
Old Apr 09, 2012, 06:12 PM
KK4CCD
United States, NC, Gastonia
Joined Apr 2011
100 Posts
I had a serious problem with the 3 pin connector and cable. Wiggle it a bit to see if you have the same problem. Fortunately, I had a spare which fit better.

Thought I had a dead camera as well.

R/Avi
avi8tor0 is offline Find More Posts by avi8tor0
Old May 27, 2012, 08:35 PM
Keep Calm, and Carry On...
United States, UT
Joined Feb 2012
403 Posts
Anyone know how to wire this camera? Mine works with the cable that came with it, but I can't get it work trying to wire it for FPV
seearestacey is offline Find More Posts by seearestacey
Old May 28, 2012, 12:21 AM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,503 Posts
I liked this cam so much, I bought 3 of them. To wire it up: cut off all the heavy black cables that have the rca connectors. cut it right back to within an inch of the plug. Then grab a 3 wire servo lead and solder the three wires so they match up - just solder the male servo lead about 2 inches of servo cable. The black is to your ground, the red is to the red wire (12volts +) on the servo cable and the yellow goes to the yellow or white servo wire which carries the video signal. Add a female servo lead to your video system wiring harness - This way you have a quick connect close to the camera in case you want to swap in a different camera in future.
BCSaltchucker is offline Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
Old May 28, 2012, 12:53 AM
Because gas is for BBQ's
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Feb 2011
736 Posts
Are you using the 5V output from the fatshark vtx? if so there is your problem, you need 12V for that camera.

So just to confirm, the red and the black cables are power in and require 12V (+ or - 10%), so they can be connected directly to a 3S pack. The yellow cable is the video out so it is connected to the vtx yellow cable or OSD video in.

heres how i did mine. same camera and basically same transmitter and it works perfectly.

nogas is offline Find More Posts by nogas
Old May 28, 2012, 07:36 AM
United States, UT
Joined Feb 2012
403 Posts
Here are some pics:
It looks like the black wire is split so it it paired with both the yellow and the red. Here is a pic of the cable that does not work. last a pic of the stock cable.
I have to plug a 3S battery into the stock cable and plug the composite in for it to work. Any ideas? can someone post pics of how theirs is wired?
Old May 28, 2012, 03:24 PM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,503 Posts
Here you go. This is the same for most security cams, cased or uncased. Extremely simple! 3 wires out of cam -> 3 wire servo lead.

yellow goes to your OSD or direct to your vTx.

Pos/Neg goes to your video power supply 12 volts, which may be y cabled to your vTx if it runs on 12V, and the ground will go to the OSD also as per its specific instructions/

BCSaltchucker is offline Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
Old Jun 03, 2012, 08:51 AM
United States, UT
Joined Feb 2012
403 Posts
I still really need help wiring this camera. I cannot get it to work. The stock cable works fine so I know the camera is working. When I plug a battery into the stock cable and use the stock BNC cable (using a BNC to Composite adapter) it works. when I try to use a 3 wire servo plug it doesnt. I noticed the stock cable has the black wire "Y" off to pair with the red and yellow wire.The VTx wires are brown, orange, and red. If sombody has wired this camera and it is working please help!
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:10 AM
Australia, ACT, Campbell
Joined Aug 2011
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogas View Post
Are you using the 5V output from the fatshark vtx? if so there is your problem, you need 12V for that camera.

So just to confirm, the red and the black cables are power in and require 12V (+ or - 10%), so they can be connected directly to a 3S pack. The yellow cable is the video out so it is connected to the vtx yellow cable or OSD video in.

heres how i did mine. same camera and basically same transmitter and it works perfectly.

Thanks nogas. Is the capacitor placed there only to smooth any noise? Also, what is the size of the capacitor?
Mistimeanors is offline Find More Posts by Mistimeanors
Old Mar 19, 2014, 09:13 AM
Joined Jul 2013
3 Posts
I got the same problem, my camera worked for like one week!
I decided like you to use a cameracase, so i cut the edges of the camera of to make it fit and after that nothing, no video, only sound from the transmitter!
MrBomboloni is offline Find More Posts by MrBomboloni
Old Mar 19, 2014, 10:06 AM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Feb 2013
126 Posts
Are u sure u have ground from the camera going back to your video Tx?
advblane is offline Find More Posts by advblane
Old Mar 23, 2014, 10:57 PM
United States, CA, Bakersfield
Joined Aug 2012
90 Posts
Took some research but got it figured out.
dbcool is online now Find More Posts by dbcool
Last edited by dbcool; Mar 24, 2014 at 07:30 AM.