SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 08, 2012, 01:25 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2010
61 Posts
Discussion
FPV Spy Hawk

Found a built in FPV compact size spy hawk.

Unboxing Spyhawk Mini Glider with Built in FPV System (7 min 3 sec)

FPV Spy Hawk FPV Challenge flight in Gusty winds (7 min 36 sec)
youxif is offline Find More Posts by youxif
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 08, 2012, 01:31 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2010
61 Posts
GPS RTH

http://www.youtube.com/user/alishanmao?feature=g-all-u
youxif is offline Find More Posts by youxif
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 11, 2012, 11:10 AM
Fatalities caused by FPV: Zero
United States, OR, Springfield
Joined Jun 2011
518 Posts
Beginner FPV Plane

That Spy Hawk looks so awesome! And it comes READY TO FLY!!! Truly a "Lunch Break FPV Plane".
glassdogangle is offline Find More Posts by glassdogangle
Last edited by glassdogangle; May 09, 2012 at 12:14 AM.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 11:15 AM
Greensboro Pa USA
Joined Apr 2008
432 Posts
Found same palane @ Hobbypeople.net for $299, but out of stock. Good company, dealt with before. Plus they are US comapany. Not a bad deal, but most of the money is from the radio because of the LCD screen monitor.

Hemicuda
HEMICUDA is offline Find More Posts by HEMICUDA
Old Apr 11, 2012, 04:00 PM
Joined Feb 2012
796 Posts
Im mostly interested to see what hacks people come up with for the remote.
epyonxero is offline Find More Posts by epyonxero
Old Apr 11, 2012, 07:15 PM
New Jersey
Joined Aug 2005
265 Posts
Hey Guys,

I have some connections in China, some warehouse space here in the US, and a great team of technology guys so I decided to launch www.SpyHawkFPV.com to help get this awesome plane out to the masses. I think it is really going to get FPV flying into the mainstream!

A word of caution, the $299 price that is listed on HobbyPeople is for the NON FPV version! Also, im not sure about their ETA but we are looking to take pre-orders late next week for a late May delivery! Our price is not yet determined but should be a bit lower than HobbyPeople, if they ever get stock. There has been TONS of interest in this thing (for obvious reasons) so we expect to sell out of our first round pretty quickly. If you signup on our website I will keep you notified with exactly whats going on with the pre-order (as well as other updates)

Any questions you guys have I would be glad to answer, so let me know!

In the meantime, here is an unboxing/build video I recently did:

SpyHawk FPV RTF Availability Update, Unboxing & Build (9 min 33 sec)

And stay tuned for the maiden flight video!
SpyHawkFPV is offline Find More Posts by SpyHawkFPV
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 21, 2012, 03:39 AM
Belgique, Région Wallonne, Wavre
Joined Feb 2011
211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkLessDoMore View Post
Hey Guys,
A word of caution, the $299 price that is listed on HobbyPeople is for the NON FPV version!
Just FYI, in my country they sell the FPV model for 249€ et non camera/fpv model for 99€. So when you state above that 299$ is NON FPV, I think you are definitely overpriced.
moombe is offline Find More Posts by moombe
Old Apr 24, 2012, 08:35 AM
New Jersey
Joined Aug 2005
265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moombe View Post
Just FYI, in my country they sell the FPV model for 249€ et non camera/fpv model for 99€. So when you state above that 299$ is NON FPV, I think you are definitely overpriced.
perhaps there is some confusion... I have stated prices in USD, and they are very reasonable for a full FPV setup.
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 25, 2012, 11:55 AM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,945 Posts
This looks cool! I signed up for the email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkLessDoMore View Post
perhaps there is some confusion... I have stated prices in USD, and they are very reasonable for a full FPV setup.
That's not for you to decide. We'll buy it or we won't. So what is the cost in USD of the FPV version?

I am interested...it looks very slick but I still have some questions after looking at the web page.

What are the specs on the plane itself? It looks like it must be small, especially since it flies on 7.4v.... is it brushless?

How powerful is the video transmitter? What is the range? Is there audio?

What kind of video-output does it offer? What's the resolution?

People are going to ask these questions before they buy...might as well enlighten us.
MRGTX is offline Find More Posts by MRGTX
Old Apr 25, 2012, 12:02 PM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,945 Posts
Just got the email!!
So I see that the price is "between $300 and $400" and seeing as how the $300 was non FPV, I'm guessing that the price will be $399?

If the gear is good enough quality, this may be acceptable. I am definitely keeping an eye on this and will preorder if range/electronics look good.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 09:07 AM
New Jersey
Joined Aug 2005
265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRGTX View Post
This looks cool! I signed up for the email.

That's not for you to decide. We'll buy it or we won't. So what is the cost in USD of the FPV version?

I am interested...it looks very slick but I still have some questions after looking at the web page.

What are the specs on the plane itself? It looks like it must be small, especially since it flies on 7.4v.... is it brushless?

How powerful is the video transmitter? What is the range? Is there audio?

What kind of video-output does it offer? What's the resolution?

People are going to ask these questions before they buy...might as well enlighten us.
I cannot make an offical statement on the price yet, but the FPV version with everything as stated on www.SpyHawkFPV.com will be between $369 and $399"

The motor is brushless!

The Video TX/RX is 5.8ghz and 10mW giving a usable range of about 2500 feet.

The Control TX/RX is 2.4ghz

I will have to get the exact details on the video resolution and output format for you guys...

It's an impressive package, but it's probably not going to satisfy the needs of hardcore FPVer's at this time (and that is not the intent) That being said, if those hardcore FPVer want a no hassle FPV plane for the back of the car to fly on their lunch break... it's GREAT for that as well
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 27, 2012, 11:36 PM
United States, NJ, Newton
Joined Feb 2012
67 Posts
I just received an email for the pre order, Sat 1pm $400.00. Gonna pass. I just dont see it.. $199.00 ill take it.
NJFPVER is offline Find More Posts by NJFPVER
Old Apr 28, 2012, 02:02 PM
New Jersey
Joined Aug 2005
265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJFPVER View Post
I just received an email for the pre order, Sat 1pm $400.00. Gonna pass. I just dont see it.. $199.00 ill take it.
It's normally $399... not $400

We actually decided to give everyone who pre-orders a little break. The pre-order price is now $369.99 with Free Shipping! www.SpyHawkFPV.com to pre-order... but we are selling out very fast.
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 30, 2012, 07:55 AM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,945 Posts
Honestly, $369 sounds fairly reasonable for this plane assuming that components are nice quality and assuming TX has standard video-outs and decent resolution (still no answer to those questions).

I want to hear some confirmation on the range of the video and controls before I pull the trigger. This competes directly with my money for the second generation Parrot A.R. Drone...and the price is essentially the same.

BTW, don't leave a plane like this in the back of your car. The foam will blister and warp...the electronics will very likely be damaged, especially the battery. I get the selling point of the small size...but that's very, very bad advice.
Old May 01, 2012, 12:14 AM
New Jersey
Joined Aug 2005
265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRGTX View Post
BTW, don't leave a plane like this in the back of your car. The foam will blister and warp...the electronics will very likely be damaged, especially the battery. I get the selling point of the small size...but that's very, very bad advice.
We are working on a nice case to keep it in! (although, the case wont have AC built into it... but we will put a handle on it so you can take it out of the car if its a hot sunny day! )
Site Sponsor