HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by grumman5277, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 08, 2012, 12:13 PM
Troy ,OH
Joined Jan 2004
1,813 Posts
Yippee!
quads and tri-copters

Been playing around with quads and tri-copters for awhile.
Started with the wii shield and found it no so user friendly.once setup it worked fine,I just prefer not to make anything other then flying my hobby.

My mini is a Bambucopter (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...p?t=1540127).I purchased this as a complete package deal offered by another RCG memeber in the for sale forums. I had a Hobby king v1 KK board with + mode (factory software) and used it. The Hobby king 5x3 props are almost unusable so a bought GWS 5x3x3's which were 100% easier to balance.

Lift off is about 60% throttle and only minor throttle changes make a big difference. I am using the nanotech 850's 2s packs that came with the package deal.they work great and even nicer can be charged up to 5c.The leds are strip type purchased from hobbypartz.com
with a mod for 2s use.I removed one led and added a jumper in its place.They are just as bright as 3s.

Con's :
use quality props
ditch the stock 1811 prop saver mounts.I replaced with;
(http://www.valuehobby.com/accessorie...adapter-1.html)
Hobbyking v1 board :not really a con with the new KK software but managed almost hands off hovering as is.

My x525 is assembled but waiting on my gear to finish.It is the same as the Hobby King and goodluck buy. As mentioned in the forums the quality of the booms are so so.The holes do not align at all. I purchased 4 36in. towel bars at Menards which are installed and didn't add much weight and looks much better.

gear:
hobbywing 20a esc's (valuehobby)
emax cf2822 1200kv (valuehobby)
apc 7x5 props will change to gws 8x4.3 later on
kk black board 5.5 x mode

525 finished and dialed in. Switched firmware to 4.7x. Very easy to manage and is very stable.total cost is about $135.

The other mini quad was built using breadboard and .25 carbon tube. I took the bambu apart and used it components. The wide frame of the bambu caused a lot of lose in lift and noise.this frame cost about $6.it is frigile by comparison but is very quiet 2oz less in auw.it also is 11.5in motor to motor vrs the 8in bambu. It is just as stable as the much larger 525.
grumman5277 is offline Find More Posts by grumman5277
Last edited by grumman5277; Apr 30, 2012 at 09:33 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 28, 2012, 01:52 AM
United States, OR, Bend
Joined May 2010
37 Posts
wing

Are your wings still available and is there a website with more descriptions on them. Dimensions would be cool and what kind of weight can these handle. I am looking for a wing to build my fpv platform off of for low level proximity flying.
I would be using ardupilot, gopro, and video tx.
Links would be appreciated.
Thanks Devin
Dugann is online now Find More Posts by Dugann
Old Apr 29, 2012, 12:37 PM
Troy ,OH
Joined Jan 2004
1,813 Posts
Devin,I have a limited amount of epp wings.I do have a few Horus cores as well as an airframe that's 75% completed. If that's what your looking at.I will check and see.
grumman5277 is offline Find More Posts by grumman5277