HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by jokeane, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 08, 2012, 10:43 AM
"Spark Chaser"
United States, WI, Middleton
Joined Jun 2004
349 Posts
Discussion
Aerosky Sbach 342

Maiden flights for new Aerosky Sbach 342. 55" wingspan foamie. Performs well. Only draw back, default layout only allows 4S 2200 mAH battery, which is only good for 5 to 6 minutes. Motor is Turnigy SK4250-650kv. ESC is 60A. AUW just over 4 lbs, power is 700+ watts input.
jokeane is offline Find More Posts by jokeane
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Le Fish aerobatic slope glider
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2012, 09:23 AM
"Spark Chaser"
Joined Jun 2004
349 Posts
well... after a summers worth of flying the verdict is in. This airframe just isn't up to my quality standards. The foams warps easily, which makes it perform erratically. I'm pulling the electronics for use in a new plane I'll build this Fall.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 29, 2012, 11:18 PM
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2007
484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokeane View Post
well... after a summers worth of flying the verdict is in. This airframe just isn't up to my quality standards. The foams warps easily, which makes it perform erratically. I'm pulling the electronics for use in a new plane I'll build this Fall.
Thanks for the update. Very good to know!
I'll look at the Dynam version instead.
Reegor is offline Find More Posts by Reegor
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:37 PM
Pro RC Boneyard Developer
Canada, BC, Arrow Creek
Joined Jan 2012
177 Posts
When you say it warps easily, from what? Bumps and scrapes, sunshine? I've heard of problems within the canopy when sitting in the sun.

Regards...
teknokraze is offline Find More Posts by teknokraze
Old Jan 21, 2013, 08:45 AM
"Spark Chaser"
Joined Jun 2004
349 Posts
warpage

The foam was warped from the start due to paint perhaps. I tried unwarping it, and it just aways re-warped. Dynam foamie ARFs are nicer. I have two of their biplanes and they fly great.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 26, 2013, 07:44 PM
I74
United States, IA, Cedar Rapids
Joined Jan 2013
547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokeane View Post
The foam was warped from the start due to paint perhaps. I tried unwarping it, and it just aways re-warped. Dynam foamie ARFs are nicer. I have two of their biplanes and they fly great.
I 'am looking at the blue orange and white Sbach. I have been told by N/P tech support; that the latest version, "with this color scheme", has been modified ... The elevator and rudder servos are supposed to be mounted at the rear fuse. THE ELEVATOR NOW HAS A CROSS BAR , AND ONE SERVO ,FOR A TOTAL OF 4. " I would think this would be alot better to keep trimmed ", and of course...carbon bracing in needed places.....I would like to know if anyone has this version 'and color', and what you think of it... P/S , " Jokeane," "DO YOU STILL HAVE THAT VI AIR FRAME.??
I74 is offline Find More Posts by I74
Last edited by I74; Feb 26, 2013 at 07:56 PM.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 08:31 PM
Joined Jun 2013
44 Posts
Well i wish i seen all this before i putchased one lol and mine came today in the mail. Yeppers warped parts!!!!! Urrrrrr im so mad. Ok so here is what all i can say. The elavator doesnt have enough travel in the up position to do high apha Maneuvers, the Alaron's are warped so bad you can't maneuver them neither (doesnt have enough travel) and the servo horns are way too small! Here is what im gonna do. Im going to cut the Alaron's free and install carbon fiber rods in em to force em straight. Then use hinges to re install. Also gonna replace the horns with larger ones. Hopefully this fixes the issues. Anyone have any better ideas???
Kingcavy is offline Find More Posts by Kingcavy