Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Apr 07, 2012, 11:52 PM
Registered User
ישראל, חפה, קרית מוצקין
Joined Sep 2011
70 Posts
Help!
(?) Problem (?) with moving forward/backwords on Honey Bee V2

Hi, this is my first "real" rc heli (the first 4CH one), and after taking some time and sort-of learning to hover, I have been trying to insert some forward/backwards movement. While trying that I had this very strange thing happening to me (again, I am just beginning so I don't know if it is supposed to happen or not). The thing is, whenever I pull the cyclic forward, the heli starts to bank forward and move forward, BUT, after like 1-2 seconds of banking forward and flying forward, the heli just starts to rotate back to 0 degrees, and finally even banking back at me, until approximately it has no movement forward or backwards... All of that with me staying with the cyclic forward and not even moving it backwards a bit.
The problem this creates for me is that after I move forward, and it starts to move backwards, I usually lose almost any control of what I had on the heli. It goes uncontrollably, and I happen to crash at some of the cases.

Is this supposed to happen or am I doing something wrong?
Thank you very much in advance!


P.S.
The reason I posted this in "Micro Heli" forum and not in the "Training area" is because I wasn't sure if it happens on every heli, or only on HB V2, or is it just with me...
mihax209 is offline Find More Posts by mihax209
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 08, 2012, 12:55 AM
Cranky old fart
Balr14's Avatar
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,348 Posts
You are in the right place, but I've owned 7 HBFPs and I've never heard of anything that would cause that type of behavior. Any chance of a video showing the problem and some close ups of the heli head and linkage?
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 08, 2012, 01:16 AM
Registered User
ישראל, חפה, קרית מוצקין
Joined Sep 2011
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
You are in the right place, but I've owned 7 HBFPs and I've never heard of anything that would cause that type of behavior. Any chance of a video showing the problem and some close ups of the heli head and linkage?
Hmmmm this might be quite tricky to get video (I usually get up early to fly cuz thats the only time there is no wind). I will try to work on a video, but meanwhile ill just try to explain it better.
When I pull the cyclic forward and the heli starts to move that way, it feels like something is pulling back on it (like a rider on a horses back pulling him back to stop lol). Might it be air friction making the heli stop when it's moving forward?
mihax209 is offline Find More Posts by mihax209
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 08, 2012, 10:52 AM
Registered User
Air Vaca's Avatar
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi Bair,
Not familiar with this one...does it have dampers in the head? My experiments with them and head geometry/links [on my 4#6] have given something similar.
Air Vaca is offline Find More Posts by Air Vaca
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 08, 2012, 11:49 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Check the COG with the Lipo installed. I have to have mine hanging right over the front of the battery tray otherwise it is tail heavy.
Also check that your swash moves forward when you go forward on your cyclic.
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 08, 2012, 12:21 PM
Registered User
ישראל, חפה, קרית מוצקין
Joined Sep 2011
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Username> View Post
Check the COG with the Lipo installed. I have to have mine hanging right over the front of the battery tray otherwise it is tail heavy.
Also check that your swash moves forward when you go forward on your cyclic.
No, COG perfectly in center, not tail heavy neither nose heavy. I can hover no problem when it is balanced. The problem is not that the swashplate moves (like when I move the cyclic), it stays where I point it at, but the heli it self changes direction a bit.

So what you are telling me, is that if I keep holding the cyclic forward, the heli should keep moving forward, same pase, no change of pitch? Stay perfectly in the horizontal orientation as it was? Like with a perfect 6CH on a simulator?

P.S. I realize that me explaining of what I am trying to say is not perfectly clear, so please ask me what you didnt understand, so I can get the full potential of the answer.
Thank you very much.
mihax209 is offline Find More Posts by mihax209
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 08, 2012, 12:37 PM
Registered User
stafphoto's Avatar
United States, MI, Chelsea
Joined Aug 2005
679 Posts
Yes when you point the heli forward it should keep going foward. The only thing you may have to adjust while going foward is the altitude if you want it to climb or drop a bit. I've messed with a few heli's and never had any of them decide to just change direction or go backwards on me.

I will be getting a honey bee v2 within the next few days (found a good deal on a used one) and am very anxious to get it flying once it arrives.
stafphoto is offline Find More Posts by stafphoto
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 08, 2012, 02:35 PM
Registered User
ישראל, חפה, קרית מוצקין
Joined Sep 2011
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stafphoto View Post
Yes when you point the heli forward it should keep going foward. The only thing you may have to adjust while going foward is the altitude if you want it to climb or drop a bit. I've messed with a few heli's and never had any of them decide to just change direction or go backwards on me.

I will be getting a honey bee v2 within the next few days (found a good deal on a used one) and am very anxious to get it flying once it arrives.
OK, so let me try to ask something else. If you point the heli forward for about a second, and then you center the cyclic, should the heli keep going forward, or stop itself after a while...
mihax209 is offline Find More Posts by mihax209
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 08, 2012, 03:01 PM
Registered User
stafphoto's Avatar
United States, MI, Chelsea
Joined Aug 2005
679 Posts
They may go forward for a little ways after you center it but generally it won't be for very far before they come to a stop. It also depends on how quickly your going forward as to how far they may continue to go before they stop. If I want to come to a really quick stop for some reason I will usually just tap it into reverse for a second but not for long enough for it to actually start going backwards.
stafphoto is offline Find More Posts by stafphoto
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 08, 2012, 03:41 PM
Registered User
ישראל, חפה, קרית מוצקין
Joined Sep 2011
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stafphoto View Post
They may go forward for a little ways after you center it but generally it won't be for very far before they come to a stop. It also depends on how quickly your going forward as to how far they may continue to go before they stop. If I want to come to a really quick stop for some reason I will usually just tap it into reverse for a second but not for long enough for it to actually start going backwards.
Yeah, just like I thought. i still dont get the idea of te heli starting to bank backwards even if my cyclic is pointing forward.
Tommorow ill go flying again and ill try to pay better attention to it.
Thank you for the help meanwhile
mihax209 is offline Find More Posts by mihax209
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 08, 2012, 05:23 PM
Cranky old fart
Balr14's Avatar
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,348 Posts
Are you getting your controls mixed up? An HBFP V2 has no cyclic, it's an FP heli. In mode 2, pushing the right stick forward (elevator) moves the heli forward, because you dropped the nose down. Even if you center the stick, it will still continue in that same plane (nose down, moving forward), unless you active reverse it's movement.

This is not a self-stabilizing heli that will attempt to cancel movement when you let of the stick. If anything, it's the most unstabilized heli you are likely to encounter.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 09, 2012, 02:58 AM
Registered User
ישראל, חפה, קרית מוצקין
Joined Sep 2011
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
Are you getting your controls mixed up? An HBFP V2 has no cyclic, it's an FP heli. In mode 2, pushing the right stick forward (elevator) moves the heli forward, because you dropped the nose down. Even if you center the stick, it will still continue in that same plane (nose down, moving forward), unless you active reverse it's movement.

This is not a self-stabilizing heli that will attempt to cancel movement when you let of the stick. If anything, it's the most unstabilized heli you are likely to encounter.
Nonononono. Again, as I said im probably not explaining well >< .
Yes, it is probably called elevator. I push it forward, the swashplate moves forward, and the heli starts to roll forward a bit, making him move forward. What happens is most probably again, not a mechanical problem and not an electrical problem. Ergh, it's hard to explain, ill go flying again in the next few days and I will pay better attention to it
mihax209 is offline Find More Posts by mihax209
Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2012, 02:20 AM
Registered User
ישראל, חפה, קרית מוצקין
Joined Sep 2011
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
You are in the right place, but I've owned 7 HBFPs and I've never heard of anything that would cause that type of behavior. Any chance of a video showing the problem and some close ups of the heli head and linkage?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stafphoto View Post
Yes when you point the heli forward it should keep going foward. The only thing you may have to adjust while going foward is the altitude if you want it to climb or drop a bit. I've messed with a few heli's and never had any of them decide to just change direction or go backwards on me.

I will be getting a honey bee v2 within the next few days (found a good deal on a used one) and am very anxious to get it flying once it arrives.
OK, so you have probably forgotten about this thread already. But after some times that I went flying again it all seems fine now. I think what the problem might have been is a mixture of a bit of wind and not perfect trimming (oh, and me being nervous and not paying attention to those stuff while flying...).
Anyway, it all seems fine now, thank all who helped (and wanted to help)!!!
mihax209 is offline Find More Posts by mihax209
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question Trying not to drain the battery on Honey Bee V2... mihax209 Micro Helis 14 Apr 10, 2012 05:06 PM
Help! Newbie needs help with Honey Bee V2 FP RoboSerg Beginner Training Area (Heli-Electric) 16 Nov 30, 2011 09:11 PM
For Sale Esky Honey Bee V2 and Honey Bee King 2 plus LOTS of extras makenzie71 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Oct 29, 2011 11:10 PM
Question About putting a camera on E-Sky Honey Bee V2 mihax209 Micro Helis 2 Oct 15, 2011 01:16 PM
Question Broke a part on my E-Sky Honey Bee V2 mihax209 Micro Helis 5 Sep 27, 2011 09:11 PM