HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by lmopar69, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 07, 2012, 08:30 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,856 Posts
Discussion
My big SEFF project is almost done.

Well fellas, how does 26.5lbs of thrust and 127 mph grab ya? Calculated numbers anyway. They are usually pretty close.

Im just about done with my latest creation. I could test fly it tomorrow (Easter) but, chances are, I'll spend the day with the family doin fun stuff.

Since I dont have a proper scale, I estimate it at about 15lbs AUW. After tonight, the only thing left is covering. I'll probably do the maiden naked. (the plane, not me) (ok, maybe both of us).

Dont even ask for details or pictures, cuz ya aint gettin em! This one is top secret! I MIGHT post pictures of it the day I leave for SEFF. I will probably wait until the first day of SEFF though.

Thats all the info ya get for now! I will let you know how the maiden flight goes once I do it.

Laine.
lmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by lmopar69
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 10, 2012, 10:28 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,840 Posts
Hum wire cutter and 15lb of foam pterodactyl.

I hope Bildo uploads a vid at seff for us not able to attend can't wait to see it.

As for your new Ride what the heck man I thought it would be in tailgate party husker colors.

Oh ya you will be in our house this year.
eckace1 is online now Find More Posts by eckace1
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:05 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,856 Posts
LOL, nope, no pterodactyl. Nice try though!

Im certain that Bildo and a couple others will get some pictures of the thing posted during the week.

The new ride, in Husker colors... I LIKE that idea. Maybe later in its life we'll get around to that. As for being in your house this year... well, no offense, but Im not too concerned. My Huskers will be doing some butt stomping this year Im sure.

Laine.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 03:23 PM
Joined Oct 2006
6 Posts
I live right across the road from Laine and this thing will blow your minds when ya see it! He is coming along nicely with the "thing". It like everything else Laine builds or does. WAY over the top but so cool!

thanks,
Joshua
rpembert is offline Find More Posts by rpembert
Old Apr 11, 2012, 07:58 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,856 Posts
You da man Josh. I'll be in the shop again (in about 5 minutes). Gotta finish the beast up!

Laine.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 01:24 PM
I am the BBQ Ninja
United States, MN, Woodbury
Joined Jan 2003
3,721 Posts
Any news?
Willmsy is offline Find More Posts by Willmsy
Old Apr 12, 2012, 02:55 PM
Joined Oct 2006
6 Posts
I have an exclusive photo of Laine's new plane! He flew it a couple of day's ago but went down on some folks property. Those people are kind of weird. They don't talk to us much and are kind of protective as you can see, but we did manage on getting the plane back. Laine has fixed it and will be flying it this weekend!

It has an awesome amount of power but will slow down to a crawl! I have flown this very plane and is great for beginners to advanced fliers. I think that the military is also involved on this project.

The photo was taken in Henry, Co. here in Alabama. It has been a dry winter.

Thanks,
Joshua
rpembert is offline Find More Posts by rpembert
Last edited by rpembert; Apr 13, 2012 at 11:03 PM.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 09:47 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,840 Posts
Nice
eckace1 is online now Find More Posts by eckace1
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:44 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,856 Posts
LOL, Josh, your a trip buddy.

In REAL life, I got the bottom of the plane covered yesterday (with Josh and the wifes help). I got a few other details sorted out, and tomorrow (Friday the 13th) I should be able to get most of the top of the plane covered. Then, just a couple more little loose ends to tie up and it is completely done.

When I do the maiden (probably Saturday), I will be sure we get some video... but, none of you will get to see it until it gets to SEFF. At that point, I might be able to find a way to get some pics, video and info about it up here for you all.

Until then, ya'll got no chance of seein this beasty!

Laine.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 09:18 AM
Home of "Golf Cart Flying"
Griffin GA
Joined Aug 2008
8,732 Posts
Lemme guess.........

izit a BlackHawk?
pecanpatch is online now Find More Posts by pecanpatch
RCG Plus Member