HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Apr 07, 2012, 01:30 PM
IT MUST HAVE AILERONS
Joined Oct 2011
63 Posts
Discussion
Upgrade for Uberlites

I had posted this yesterday in an old thread, but thought it best to start a new thread on this subject.

I had a spare Night Vapor (NV) receiver/servo board so I thought just for the fun of it to pull out my broken Uberlite power pod with broken actuators and retrofit the NV board to it. I can now use my DX6i transmitter and regular NV 70mAh batteries.
The monoplane and the wing flew well (but unreliably) with the original receiver/actuator setup, but now I have reliability, and more positive control. Although both fly very well, the mono plane excels. It flies like its on rails, but is still very maneuverable, feeling like a much larger plane. This is all in a very small gym at an elevation of 3000 ft.

Other mods are: .5mm carbon fibre wing reinforcement, NV propeller with extra pitch twisted into it, and fine kevlar thread running from the front of the power pod to the centre of the landing gear axle to keep the landing gear from bending back on landing, causing nose overs. Also, the original receiver, wiring, and actuators were stripped from the power pod, so I started this mod essentially from a blank slate.

This product could be a winner if Hobbico would deal with the design and quality flaws of these planes, and putting servos in instead of actuators. Also, make them bindable to a real transmitter. If Horizon and Kyosho can do it, so can Hobbico.

Although they will never be as rugged or aerobatic as a Night Vapor, my modified Uberlite versions bring the feeling of larger planes to the table. They fly very steady without having to go fast, and are very predictable. In these areas they outperform the Night Vapor or Ember.
3Deee is offline Find More Posts by 3Deee
to remove ads between posts
Closed Thread