HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:05 PM
Crash Test Pilot
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Jul 2012
380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrizio_g View Post
Hi guys, i want to get a better screen and a better board for my turnigy 9x and i want to use telemetry as well, what board do you guys recommend? i have Er9x

thanks,
Pat.
Pat, check out this replacement board...Sky9x
http://9xforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1497
It has on screen telemetry if you are using FrSky and there is also a new replacement screen you can use with it as well, Rotary encoder etc.. It also has its own supported firmware which is an er9x variant... Not cheap, but it takes all the hacks and soldering and includes them all on one board... Hope that helps!
Levictus is offline Find More Posts by Levictus
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:20 PM
USA, SE Wisconsin
Joined May 2009
2,375 Posts
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1PCS-10-Pin-...item5d37249e0e

Here you go Dave.
crucial is offline Find More Posts by crucial
Old Dec 06, 2012, 06:49 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
thanks for the link crucial. unfortunately because my customers application involves mounting on another pc board the adapter dont fit. and cost is another factor. the extra buck or two would eat what little margin i make on this job. i considered doing my own version like steven did but that wouldnt be cost effective either. literally 10x more than china even not counting nre.

it would have been nice if somebody on ebay or ali had a $3 6 pin version. 6 pin makes more sense. it would be good if hk did 10 pin on the 9xr so cheap dongles would fit. i have a feeling they will do 6 pin though to force people to buy their own oddball usbasp.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:26 AM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,961 Posts
If the new Orange six channel is $65, what will the new nine channel replacement cost?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...y_Mode_2_.html
Daedalus66 is offline Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:32 AM
Plane Fanatic
Australia, QLD, Gympie
Joined Jul 2007
890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
both wrong. none of the three boards i purchased from steven had a built-in programmer. backlight... yes. jack for an isp dongle... yes. programmer... no. unless he has added one recently which i doubt.
Well my Smartieparts certainly has a programmer built in. And I am sure all do inc the V1.0. Just need a standard Mini USB cable to connect it to PC.
DeathWarmedUp is online now Find More Posts by DeathWarmedUp
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:35 AM
FPV Noob KD0VMK
United States, MO, Platte City
Joined Jun 2012
766 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus66 View Post
If the new Orange six channel is $65, what will the new nine channel replacement cost?

That price was pretty disappointing to me, even thought it's still a bargain by any other standard. The rumors have always been that the 9xr would be in the $50-60-ish range, as the 9X has been. With this new Orange TX at $65, I don't see how the 9xr could possibly be less than $75-80.

Still a bargain, as I said, but not as cheap as I'd hoped. I was hoping to pick up a 9xr just to play with even though I don't really need one, but if it's over $75 I'll have to pass.
Chubbs is offline Find More Posts by Chubbs
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:36 AM
Joined Jul 2008
254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus66 View Post

OrangeTX price surprised me too.
dziedrius is offline Find More Posts by dziedrius
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:39 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
have any of you guys priced a spektrum radio lately? even the cheapo rtf ones?

just wait and see, you might end up with a LEMON! http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1773138
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:14 AM
Joined Jul 2005
258 Posts
Nothing screams toy as much as neon colored transparent plastic. I am a pretty confident person and do not really care what people think about the gear I use. In spite of that I can not see myself using a transmitter looking like that. Ever. Under any circumstances. I would rather be caught dead.
I guess that I am not as confident as I thought :-)
dvogonen is online now Find More Posts by dvogonen
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:24 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Oct 2011
253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
That price was pretty disappointing to me, even thought it's still a bargain by any other standard. The rumors have always been that the 9xr would be in the $50-60-ish range, as the 9X has been. With this new Orange TX at $65, I don't see how the 9xr could possibly be less than $75-80.

Still a bargain, as I said, but not as cheap as I'd hoped. I was hoping to pick up a 9xr just to play with even though I don't really need one, but if it's over $75 I'll have to pass.
Anthony Hand stated it will be $50 for first release but has given no price after that. It will probably go up after the first batch, like the 9X did (~$35 to current price of ~$50).
molond is offline Find More Posts by molond
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:40 AM
Joined Jul 2008
254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by molond View Post
Anthony Hand stated it will be $50 for first release but has given no price after that. It will probably go up after the first batch, like the 9X did (~$35 to current price of ~$50).
In turning9xr.com website screenshots price was 49.99$, so it is even more interesting.
dziedrius is offline Find More Posts by dziedrius
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:52 AM
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined May 2007
596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dziedrius View Post
In turning9xr.com website screenshots price was 49.99$, so it is even more interesting.
When was this screenshot taken?
airheli1201 is offline Find More Posts by airheli1201
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:10 AM
United States, CT, Bridgeport
Joined May 2012
1,504 Posts
One step closer to the 9xr being released?

OrangeRx T-SIX 2.4GHz DSM2 6CH Programmable Transmitter w/10 Model Memory (Mode 2)

It looks like an orange DX6i!

stevea3342 is online now Find More Posts by stevea3342
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:04 AM
Radio? Screwdriver!
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Aug 2011
991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvogonen View Post
Nothing screams toy as much as neon colored transparent plastic. I am a pretty confident person and do not really care what people think about the gear I use. In spite of that I can not see myself using a transmitter looking like that. Ever. Under any circumstances. I would rather be caught dead.
I guess that I am not as confident as I thought :-)
At least by being transparent you can inspect the build quality without having to take it apart (and thus void the warrenty).
SimonChambers is offline Find More Posts by SimonChambers
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:19 AM
United States, CT, Bridgeport
Joined May 2012
1,504 Posts
I wonder if they released this first to take a little pressure off the wait for the 9xr? It doesn't make sense to get this one though. The 9xr should have dsmx, more channels/switches/knobs etc, 9x'ish firmware and cost less. And best of all, the 9xr doesn't look like a piece of hard candy.
stevea3342 is online now Find More Posts by stevea3342