HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:54 PM
Quincy IL
Joined Jul 2006
508 Posts
Traxxas 2.4 Ghz transmitters use the same identical, down to the part number, module. If you look up the FCC ID number in their database you can open a document that states something to the effect "based on Spektrum technology", yes friends spelled with a "K"

There is firmware loaded into the Cypress chip by the radio manufacture and probably a byte or two in the data frame to make a manufacture's protocol unique.

The actual hex codes, output of the compiler, you load in the chip are not unique, Cypress owns that and gives users of it's products the right to use. The text file the programer writes to produce the hex code is his intellectual product and protectable.
Hugh P is offline Find More Posts by Hugh P
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:02 PM
59 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigIron357 View Post
Well, when I read this post I got all excited and headed down that road only to learn after looking for a manual online and subsequent deeper research that no, that transmitter won't be any help to me. While it's compatible with the AR6400 for my smallest plane, it is a very short range transmitter designed for indoor aircraft. All of my planes are for outdoor use and will easily exceed the range of that radio. I need a full range transmitter.

Thanks for the input though.
The LP in LP5DSM stands for "low power." The lowest priced full range transmitters currently available are the DX4e and DX5e.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:38 PM
20+ years of RC flying
United States, FL
Joined Aug 2012
1,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus66 View Post
The LP in LP5DSM stands for "low power." The lowest priced full range transmitters currently available are the DX4e and DX5e.
Yeah, I learned about the LP thing tonight. So much has changed since my old 72 mHz days.

Edited to add: If the 9XR ever actually materializes, it's gonna be the lowest price full featured transmitter out there. My wife wisely states that I should just be patient.
BigIron357 is online now Find More Posts by BigIron357
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:47 PM
Registered Adict
Australia, WA, Drummond Cove
Joined Jun 2012
383 Posts
I know its just another deadline to miss but the boss has said that the 9XR will be selling on or before December 15.

That's less than two weeks away
tignmeg is offline Find More Posts by tignmeg
Old Dec 03, 2012, 04:20 AM
France, Midi-Pyrénées, Toulouse
Joined Jun 2012
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by volumax View Post
Get the 9X from the USA warehouse it is IN STOCK
We are waiting the 9XR There...
Panza is offline Find More Posts by Panza
Old Dec 03, 2012, 06:30 AM
20+ years of RC flying
United States, FL
Joined Aug 2012
1,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tignmeg View Post
I know its just another deadline to miss but the boss has said that the 9XR will be selling on or before December 15.

That's less than two weeks away
The boss? Do you work for HK? Don't tease me now!!
Old Dec 03, 2012, 06:42 AM
Registered Adict
Australia, WA, Drummond Cove
Joined Jun 2012
383 Posts
Nah .....but it was Anthony Hand (HK president) that said it a couple of weeks back I think on the Facebook page and it was quoted in the Hobbyking forum.
tignmeg is offline Find More Posts by tignmeg
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:03 AM
20+ years of RC flying
United States, FL
Joined Aug 2012
1,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tignmeg View Post
Nah .....but it was Anthony Hand (HK president) that said it a couple of weeks back I think on the Facebook page and it was quoted in the Hobbyking forum.
Man, ya had me goin' there for a minute! Whew!

Yeah, I heard that Dec 15th rumor a couple weeks ago.

Back to waiting...
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:55 AM
Columbus Ohio.
Joined Aug 2006
151 Posts
When this 9XR does hit the market, is there someone who routinely posts a teardown video on YouTube. Preferably I'd liket to see a a side by side comparison with the old model to see what has changed. I'm anxious to see what the circuit boards look like, what microcontroller is being used, what transceiver chip, how it will be flashed to update the firmware, as well as how do buddy boxes connect.

Then hopefull shortly afterwards, we will have a schematic posted.
RJKIRK is offline Find More Posts by RJKIRK
Old Dec 03, 2012, 05:24 PM
Mark Harrison
USA, CA, Piedmont
Joined Jun 2010
2,231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJKIRK View Post
When this 9XR does hit the market, is there someone who routinely posts a teardown video on YouTube. Preferably I'd liket to see a a side by side comparison with the old model to see what has changed. I'm anxious to see what the circuit boards look like, what microcontroller is being used, what transceiver chip, how it will be flashed to update the firmware, as well as how do buddy boxes connect.

Then hopefull shortly afterwards, we will have a schematic posted.
Here's your man:

http://www.youtube.com/user/richardm...ow=grid&view=0

He's probably got 8 hours on the 9x.

Check out his 1.5 hour intro on the Jeti 16... maybe I'll get one of these if the 9XR is delayed any longer.

JETI DC-16 - New Super RC Transmitter - The Introduction/preview (1 hr 33 min 42 sec)

update: somebody pm'ed me, so let me confirm that the last sentence with regards to the $1,500 transmitter is a joke!
marhar is offline Find More Posts by marhar
Last edited by marhar; Dec 04, 2012 at 01:04 PM.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 02:34 PM
Joined Nov 2012
40 Posts
Do you guys think they will quit making and selling the 9x when the 9XR hits the market?
Dr.Dork is offline Find More Posts by Dr.Dork
Old Dec 04, 2012, 02:44 PM
The land down under
Australia, NSW
Joined Jul 2010
563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dork View Post
Do you guys think they will quit making and selling the 9x when the 9XR hits the market?
They (Hobbyking) don't make the 9x, crappy flysky does that. I would imagine that there would be no point selling the 9x once their new 9XR arrives into stock.
simo71 is offline Find More Posts by simo71
Old Dec 04, 2012, 02:49 PM
Joined Nov 2012
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simo71 View Post
They (Hobbyking) don't make the 9x, crappy flysky does that. I would imagine that there would be no point selling the 9x once their new 9XR arrives into stock.
Cause am getting Into rc flying and therefore I need a Tx. I was going to buy the 9x but I saw there was a 9XR on the way! Now, I want the 9XR, however what if it's going to be more expensive and MAYBE even worse...whats the estimated price for the 9XR?
Dr.Dork is offline Find More Posts by Dr.Dork
Old Dec 04, 2012, 02:50 PM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simo71 View Post
Simo, gentle on your comments, please. There are a LOT of people out there who love that 9X. If you don't like it that is fine.

But as Simo said, the 9X is not made by HobbyKing, they just put their Turnigy label on it and resell it. If HobbyKing stops selling the Turnigy 9X, there are still lots of places to buy it with one of the other labels. The FlySky TH9X, the Eurgle 9X and the IMAX 9X are all the same radio, just a different label.

You can find the details here:

9X - FlySky/iMax/Turnigy/Eurgle FOR DUMMIES
Quick summary that will explain a lot
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1616229
aeajr is online now Find More Posts by aeajr
Old Dec 04, 2012, 03:13 PM
The land down under
Australia, NSW
Joined Jul 2010
563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dork View Post
Cause am getting Into rc flying and therefore I need a Tx. I was going to buy the 9x but I saw there was a 9XR on the way! Now, I want the 9XR, however what if it's going to be more expensive and MAYBE even worse...whats the estimated price for the 9XR?
It's been said that it will be $50.00...Though I would not expect it to remain at that price for the second & third lot of batches.

If you are unsure of it being better or worse I would strongly advise you buy a name brand that is well supported, while on paper the upcoming 9XR is a "better" radio in every way over the 9x it is still yet to be proven in hands of users.

As for my comments about the Flysky product....My own user experience together with surface transmitters, aircraft transmitters from the same company. My Son has had the 3 channel surface tx along with the 9 channel, I have had my hands on various Flysky & Turnigy branded product from other flyers & each of them have had different bugs or hardware faults. I'm not here to get under the skin of other users, but I'm also not going to beat around the bush in giving my input about my thoughts on a product.
simo71 is offline Find More Posts by simo71