SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:04 PM
Mark Harrison
USA, CA, Piedmont
Joined Jun 2010
2,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeajr View Post
I am actually surprised they are not taking advanced orders so they can gauge the inital demand.
I can understand not doing that. 3DRobotics did pre-orders last year on their ArduPilot Mega 2 flight control board.

They explained that they were having supply difficulties on the new gyro chip, and that they would be fulfilling orders as the chips came in (usually in lots of 50). And they were tweeting the order numbers each day of what had been fulfilled.

And they STILL had numerous people upset, and angrily accusing the company of taking their money on bad faith. It was really surprising to see!

And of course, 3DRobotics announced following that they wouldn't be doing pre-announcement / pre-orders in future.
marhar is offline Find More Posts by marhar
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:07 PM
Mark Harrison
USA, CA, Piedmont
Joined Jun 2010
2,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettAltea View Post
FlySky is not FrSky.
I'm starting a new Tx company called FrySky just to clear up the confusion.
marhar is offline Find More Posts by marhar
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:11 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marhar View Post
I can understand not doing that. 3DRobotics did pre-orders last year on their ArduPilot Mega 2 flight control board.

They explained that they were having supply difficulties on the new gyro chip, and that they would be fulfilling orders as the chips came in (usually in lots of 50). And they were tweeting the order numbers each day of what had been fulfilled.

And they STILL had numerous people upset, and angrily accusing the company of taking their money on bad faith. It was really surprising to see!

And of course, 3DRobotics announced following that they wouldn't be doing pre-announcement / pre-orders in future.
that cant be the reason hks not taking preorder. no one has ever criticized THEM for bad service. lol!

personally ive gotten better treatment from hk than tower and other domestic sellers. and ive really come to like tony after watching that interview.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:35 PM
United States, CA, San Marcos
Joined Jul 2012
267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettAltea View Post
And the 9X is not related to the 9XR either. Ones made by Flysky, the other HobbyKing.
We know. The 9x was a rebranded flysky 9x.

Hextronik seems to be the manufacture of FrSky products. Their CEO owns the thurnigy9xr.com site. Do a WhoIs search for the IP address...

Anyway, hextronic makes the FrSky NOT FLYSKY and rebrands quantum, and other products also, and since their CEO owns t9xr.com, I assume FrSky will produce the transmitters. I guess we will wait a month and find out.
pilotavery is offline Find More Posts by pilotavery
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:59 PM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,521 Posts
You are very confused
HextroniK (not hextronic!) does not manufacture any Frsky product, actually is an Australian company.
Yes, Hextronik CEO owns Turnigy brand, but where is the link to Frsky ?
Quantum was bought by Hextronik/HK, no more a rebranding

To conclude:

9x is manufactured by Flysky
9XR unknown manufacturer commissioned by Hextronik/HK
X9D manufactured by Frsky, not out yet
Orange products are made by a lot of companies, cased in orange boxes rebranded for Hextronik/HK
Hextronik/HK has NO manufacturing facility !
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:21 PM
Happy FPV flyer
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Sep 2006
4,898 Posts
Hextronik is the "parent company" that owns the HobbyKing and Turnigy brands, and probably also OrangeRX. When you make a payment for an HK order, the payment goes to "hexTronik Limited". The About us page on HK mentions it too.
Kilrah is offline Find More Posts by Kilrah
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:26 PM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
17,018 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marhar View Post
I'm starting a new Tx company called FrySky just to clear up the confusion.
Not to mention the original FriSky sometimes pronounced FreeSky.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:39 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
iirc Frsky was orginally frisky and was changed so they wouldnt sound too excited.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:41 PM
United States, CA, San Marcos
Joined Jul 2012
267 Posts
I am confused...
pilotavery is offline Find More Posts by pilotavery
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:47 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
Quantum was bought by Hextronik/HK, no more a rebranding
quanum, not quantum.
The names are close enough for confusion.

but that last post was much better before the edit. right renato? lol!
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:56 PM
Joined Aug 2004
43 Posts
Sorry and don't take that badly, but HK should be looking and LOL seeing all those posts and speculations about the vapoware they've spreaded...
Serious releases have clear communication and updates...take 3D Robotics examples.
This was my single post and I'll not be feeding this.

Cheers.
llisboa is offline Find More Posts by llisboa
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:08 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2011
648 Posts
I think HK have been very open about the development and release dates of the 9XR and I applaud it. Has been great that a company has been keeping their end users in the loop. Obviously the release dates weren't hit on time but that's to be expected sometimes and they have let us know. Shame that's its not the end of November but rather 15 December now.
BrettAltea is offline Find More Posts by BrettAltea
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:05 PM
Cliff
Australia, QLD, Pacific Paradise
Joined Oct 2011
372 Posts
Flite Test - Anthony Hand Interview Part 1 - INTERVIEW (10 min 53 sec)

anyone seen this.
Anthony Hand founder-president of HK (Australian)
Cliff
16141 is offline Find More Posts by 16141
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:08 PM
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined Sep 2006
292 Posts
They are using TUV for CE testing. From my experience working with TUV, they are very slow and always took 3+ months before they issued the certificates. The EMC testing is quick, but their safety team takes forever.
joop1987 is offline Find More Posts by joop1987
Old Nov 29, 2012, 04:39 AM
Happy FPV flyer
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Sep 2006
4,898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by llisboa View Post
Serious releases have clear communication and updates...take 3D Robotics examples.
What about Apple, where the whole world is speculating and spreading the tiniest rumours for 3-6 months before any product even gets announced?
Kilrah is offline Find More Posts by Kilrah