SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:02 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Switzerland
Joined Sep 2006
4,444 Posts
HK have stated in a post that they had trouble making big quantities, and thus that they would not do an announcement at release - so they're already expecting supply problems. Pretty sure they'll put them online when most are asleep and hope people don't see it or share too quickly.
Kilrah is offline Find More Posts by Kilrah
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:36 AM
Perth, Australia
Joined Nov 2010
122 Posts
The only issue is if the apply a no back order policy.
So you can only order when it is in stock.

They done this with the HK250gt too when it was $20 as they had trouble supplying enough.
I think they may do something similar in this instance.
RandomBob is offline Find More Posts by RandomBob
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:38 AM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,245 Posts
This will be an on-going product. I am confident they will take back-orders.

I am actually surprised they are not taking advanced orders so they can gauge the inital demand.
aeajr is offline Find More Posts by aeajr
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:47 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Switzerland
Joined Sep 2006
4,444 Posts
I'd vote for no preorders, no backorder allowed. Typically the kind of product where they might risk getting in a situation where it would take them 6 months to clear the backorders.
People don't like when a product isn't in stock, but people get VERY angry if they have to wait for weeks/months for a product they've already paid
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:11 AM
Joined Jul 2008
253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah View Post
I'd vote for no preorders, no backorder allowed. Typically the kind of product where they might risk getting in a situation where it would take them 6 months to clear the backorders.
People don't like when a product isn't in stock, but people get VERY angry if they have to wait for weeks/months for a product they've already paid
If they were telling the truth and there's really more than 60 workers in QA only, then there's noting to be afraid of I think, they should be quick enough to fill stock.

I have i suspicion though, that they noticed some kind of small glitch in the last minute, so now they are going through all sets applying the patch (that photo from meeting - if they were writing manual already, what's up with disassembled units on table? Looks like last minute bug fixing meet to me).
It is not the first time, when they are doing fixing on finished product.
dziedrius is offline Find More Posts by dziedrius
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:33 AM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,245 Posts
If nothing else, they are likely fixing/swapping the dSM2/DSMX modules.
aeajr is offline Find More Posts by aeajr
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:02 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,603 Posts
They are testing in that pic. The hk crew is not fixing anything
shahram72 is online now Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:19 AM
B12
Finland
Joined Sep 2010
583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah View Post
Plus herds of people cancelling orders after a week of waiting, requiring immediate refund and opening Paypal disputes at the same time to speed things up.
B12 is offline Find More Posts by B12
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:27 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
100% not true.
that sure looks like a frsky lcd on the hextronic site and they talk about upgrades that even frsky hasnt mentioned:

and who is quanum? maybe frsky dont own frsky either. someone close to me lives in china and i wouldnt be surprised if they were the same company. the way china economy works is quite different from anything here and the relationships are sometimes hard for us to to understand. renato, what evidence do you have that they are not co-owned?
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:34 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Switzerland
Joined Sep 2006
4,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
that sure looks like a frsky lcd [...] and who is quanum?
It's kind of the opposite - Quanum telemetry stuff was there before frsky, and... if you look at the back of a DHT-U you'll see "case designed by Quanum".

They likely just bought / shared a mould, just like they do for the X9D radio.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:50 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,046 Posts
i researched quanum and see now theyve been around a long time and hk sells both. my dhtu has both quanum/frsky on the front and a buds dont even say quanum. so theres a lot of swap and switch going on. it would be interesting to know just how much overlap or cometition there really is with these new radios. my friend in china says their motto is "the enemy of my enemy is my friend... or my enemy too". lol
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:05 PM
United States, CA, San Marcos
Joined Jul 2012
267 Posts
I do think it is. The 9x has like 8 different names and 2 different colors. iMax has a yellow one.

It has the same interface, and compatibility. I think it is the same.

Also, hextronic is hobby kings support email address. I think it is the same thing. I think that FrSky is making the transmitters, and the site was supposed to release it on the 11th, but I think the DSMX modules delayed it. It does use DSMX I think.
pilotavery is offline Find More Posts by pilotavery
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:13 PM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,481 Posts
9XR is not made by Frsky.
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:32 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2011
648 Posts
And the 9X is not related to the 9XR either. Ones made by Flysky, the other HobbyKing.
BrettAltea is offline Find More Posts by BrettAltea
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:32 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2011
648 Posts
FlySky is not FrSky.
BrettAltea is offline Find More Posts by BrettAltea