SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 08, 2012, 06:20 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Oct 2011
253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvogonen View Post
You are right and I was wrong. I based my post on older information than is now available. Here is a link to the module design for 9XR
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-XBN07a9a0k...DULE_CASE.jpeg
Well they did it properly this time!
On the 9X if you swapped the old module out (and thus cut the antenna wire) it was impossible to put it back in. That's why I never changed it but I will probably buy a UHF module for this now!
molond is offline Find More Posts by molond
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2012, 06:51 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,995 Posts
LR will not use this design, antennas are incompatible.
433MHz must have its own antenna, can't use 2.4GHz antenna.

PS: UHF term means 300 - 3000 MHz, thus covers both 433 and 2400MHz, using it is ambiguous in some contexts.
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Nov 08, 2012, 06:56 AM
Joined Jul 2005
258 Posts
" Questionable design...
So this module will be dedicated for 9XR, can't be used in other radios ... "

Yes, but they have already marketed a version of the module with antenna on the back that can be used by any radio.
I for one welcome the initiative. HK claims to encourage other producers to make modules that use the internal antenna. I really dislike the backside antennas and see the addition of an internal 2.4 ghz antenna that is free for use as a large + for 9XR. Hopefully other producers (FrSky etc) take note and introduce the same antenna contact.
dvogonen is online now Find More Posts by dvogonen
Old Nov 08, 2012, 07:10 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Oct 2011
253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
LR will not use this design, antennas are incompatible.
433MHz must have its own antenna, can't use 2.4GHz antenna.

PS: UHF term means 300 - 3000 MHz, thus covers both 433 and 2400MHz, using it is ambiguous in some contexts.
I know that, I just meant I could put the original 2.4GHz module back into the remote with ease.

Unlike the 9X, where once you cut that cable you had to do some serious modding to get the module back on.

Also does anyone know exactly what spec plug it is and where I can get it as I kept the module from my broken 9X and would like to have that as my second module.

Darcy

P.S. I was actually thinking, as I wrote the previous post, "Isn't 2.4GHz an Ultra High Frequency?"
Last edited by molond; Nov 08, 2012 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Spellcheck
Old Nov 08, 2012, 07:34 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,995 Posts
The original Flysky 9X design was good, and the other rebranders, iMax, Eurgle, etc. keep it as it was. Only Turnigy had that crazy idea of that umbilical cable to hardwire the module to the radio, without any reason, antenna on back works very well.
And no, embedded antenna is not a good idea, maybe for park fliers. But is off-topic here to start some antenna basics.
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Nov 08, 2012, 08:03 AM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,538 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
The original Flysky 9X design was good, and the other rebranders, iMax, Eurgle, etc. keep it as it was. Only Turnigy had that crazy idea of that umbilical cable to hardwire the module to the radio, without any reason, antenna on back works very well.
And no, embedded antenna is not a good idea, maybe for park fliers. But is off-topic here to start some antenna basics.
I had been wondering whether anyone had done any tests to determine whether there was any significant difference in performance among the various antenna arrangements: out the top of the transmitter, on the back pointing up (or at 45 degrees), or on the back pointing sideways or even down. Also, does the metal handle get in the way?

My preferred arrangement is that used by the newer Spektrum modules, which provide full interchangeability but raise the antenna above the top of the transmitter and handle. But maybe it doesn't really matter. I just know that I haven't seen any practical difference among the arrangements I've used (most of the above).
Daedalus66 is offline Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:36 PM
Australia, SA, Parafield
Joined Oct 2009
314 Posts
So what is the word on when the 9XR is FINALLY coming out?

I was on this thread months ago when people were saying around August and I got sick of waiting and just got an ordinary 9X.

I left my Tx in my car over the weekend and it didn't appreciate the heat, and now the elevator pot has gone dickey. I was expecting I'd be able to buy a 9XR by now but it's STILL not out???
Dillzio is offline Find More Posts by Dillzio
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:18 PM
Happy FPV flyer
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Sep 2006
4,868 Posts
Last thing we heard was that it would be in stock on the 15th " +/- 2 days" - so this week. I have some doubts though.
Kilrah is online now Find More Posts by Kilrah
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:46 PM
I think I'm inverted. Maybe.
United States, CA, Pacifica
Joined Apr 2012
1,509 Posts
There was a photo on HK's facebook with one of the devs holding a prototype within the last few days... so It might be out in 4-5 weeks . I'm patient though. My Dx6i is working just fine for now.
acetech09 is offline Find More Posts by acetech09
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:48 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,499 Posts
They said this month. I expect it any day now.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:28 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,719 Posts
What is the weight so we can begin figuring out what other items we need to order to get to within 2g of the maximum allowable weight before going to the next higher shipping tier?

Whos's with me here? You know you ALL are thinking the same thing!
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:29 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Oct 2011
253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
What is the weight so we can begin figuring out what other items we need to order to get to within 2g of the maximum allowable weight before going to the next higher shipping tier?

Whos's with me here? You know you ALL are thinking the same thing!
Probably 1.3kg like the 9X
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:48 PM
Plane Fanatic
Australia, QLD, Gympie
Joined Jul 2007
855 Posts
Well I am thinking they may target just under the 1kg like the newer 6ch Turnigy TX units.
DeathWarmedUp is online now Find More Posts by DeathWarmedUp
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:39 PM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,596 Posts
Will it be out before the new Frsky x9D or at the same time? Are they essentially the same?
ChrisJ800 is online now Find More Posts by ChrisJ800
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:41 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Oct 2011
253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ800 View Post
Will it be out before the new Frsky x9D or at the same time? Are they essentially the same?
No the 9XR and the x9D will be different remotes as Hobby King has designed the 9XR from scratch.
Darcy