Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 09, 2013, 10:13 PM
Australia, WA, Yangebup
Joined Sep 2012
110 Posts
OK one last question for the day (hopefully)
In Mission planner I can set the 6 modes now, but what my problem is, is my PWM readings are not correct, so I am only getting 4 of the 6 modes to work. Can I adjust PWM on the tx or is it alot more complicated and Ill need to buy something
Macca
macca05 is offline Find More Posts by macca05
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2013, 10:17 PM
Australia, WA, Yangebup
Joined Sep 2012
110 Posts
Ok, I think I may of worked it out. I need to adjust the percentages in the mixer until they match what is in MIssion Planner. Is this correct?

EDIT: Just adjusted the percentages and it works a treat.
Thanks again pmackenzie
macca05 is offline Find More Posts by macca05
Last edited by macca05; Mar 09, 2013 at 10:22 PM. Reason: It is correct
Old Mar 09, 2013, 10:21 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,538 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by macca05 View Post
Ok, I think I may of worked it out. I need to adjust the percentages in the mixer until they match what is in MIssion Planner. Is this correct?

That's right, adjust the percentages.
pmackenzie is online now Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Mar 10, 2013, 05:51 AM
Joined Apr 2010
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeingeyegod View Post
School me about modules. Is it a pain to switch modules? Do people normally pick one and stick with it, or do some people regularly swap out say a Turnigy/Flysky module for a DSMX or orangeRX module to fly different planes with difference Rx's? I have 4 or 5 Flysky recievers now and really do not want to replace all of them. Trying to decide whether to mod my 9x (not R), get a 9XR, or some other radio that can possibly use both Flysky and whatever else is DSMX compatible.
Best is to fit one system internally, and one in the module slot, with a DPDT switch to select between them. I've done that on my 9X using an Frsky module fitted internally with it's antenna on the top of the transmitter. I cut the power and PPM tracks to the module connector and fitted a slide switch on the back where I won't hit it by accident. The module uses it's own antenna.

As I say I use Frsky internally because that's my main system, but the well documented DSM conversion is also fitted internally and would suit someone using mostly DSM/2/X but occasionally wanting to use a second system.
aesmith is offline Find More Posts by aesmith
Old Mar 10, 2013, 07:11 AM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Jan 2013
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arr0wHead View Post
If you get a TH9X (the type banggood sells with the antenna on the module) you don't need to mod it. It's plug and play, as the wire doesn't run from the module to the internal antenna. I use a TH9X and swap between flysky and orange modules constantly to fly my collection of helicopters.
Will the orange work on a Walkera 200???
BBill is offline Find More Posts by BBill
Old Mar 11, 2013, 04:31 AM
FPV in Hawaii
United States, HI, Kailua
Joined Feb 2012
2,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aesmith View Post
Best is to fit one system internally, and one in the module slot, with a DPDT switch to select between them. I've done that on my 9X using an Frsky module fitted internally with it's antenna on the top of the transmitter. I cut the power and PPM tracks to the module connector and fitted a slide switch on the back where I won't hit it by accident. The module uses it's own antenna.

As I say I use Frsky internally because that's my main system, but the well documented DSM conversion is also fitted internally and would suit someone using mostly DSM/2/X but occasionally wanting to use a second system.
Would Frsky fit internally in the 9XR, or just the9X?
iskess is offline Find More Posts by iskess
Old Mar 11, 2013, 05:03 AM
Joined Apr 2010
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskess View Post
I don't have a 9XR to try, but the Frsky module is very small so I would expect there would be room.
http://www.frsky-rc.com/ShowProducts.asp?id=85
aesmith is offline Find More Posts by aesmith
Old Mar 11, 2013, 09:12 AM
59 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
15,998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBill View Post
Will the orange work on a Walkera 200???
No.
Daedalus66 is offline Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Mar 11, 2013, 09:33 AM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Jan 2013
55 Posts
Have any idea how to do it? Also is there a mod to use on an older Blade 1100 CP heli? FM ?
BBill is offline Find More Posts by BBill
Last edited by BBill; Mar 11, 2013 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Not done
Old Mar 11, 2013, 11:06 AM
Joined Jan 2013
3 Posts
Best Source for FlySky Module

Where is the best place to get a FlySky module that will reliably work with the 9XR? I ordered one from AliExpress and it had the problem with the pin header sticking out the back of the housing too far. I took it apart and modified it so the pin header is flush with the back of the housing, but it still seems that my FlySky module is dead. I can't get it to bind with my V911. I'm dying to try the 9XR with my V911, but without a working FlySky module, I'm dead in the water.
isuee94 is offline Find More Posts by isuee94
Old Mar 11, 2013, 11:13 AM
sir kind bill
Australia, WA, Shoalwater
Joined Mar 2007
256 Posts
I know the FRSKY from hobby king fits
kindbill is offline Find More Posts by kindbill
Old Mar 11, 2013, 11:48 AM
Warbird Fanatic
United States, PA, Coraopolis
Joined Jun 2012
270 Posts
Rcmodelpart369

Quote:
Originally Posted by isuee94 View Post
Where is the best place to get a FlySky module that will reliably work with the 9XR? I ordered one from AliExpress and it had the problem with the pin header sticking out the back of the housing too far. I took it apart and modified it so the pin header is flush with the back of the housing, but it still seems that my FlySky module is dead. I can't get it to bind with my V911. I'm dying to try the 9XR with my V911, but without a working FlySky module, I'm dead in the water.
Got mine from Ebay--RCMODELPART369-$19.99 +SH. Actually I bought 2 from them, and one from Ali. All worked but required the fitment mods.
Hobby Partz will probably order one for you, but I'm sure it will cost more.
jchtr3a is offline Find More Posts by jchtr3a
Old Mar 11, 2013, 12:31 PM
59 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
15,998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskess View Post
The 9XR has much less space than the 9X. It looks as though installing a module might be just possible, but a very tight squeeze. Much better to go for the 9x if you want to do modifications.

Shown below is my 9x with FrSky module installed and my 9XR showing where a module would have to go -- right behind one of the stick assemblies. I think it would just have clearance if stuck to the back of the transmitter, but you wouldn't know till you actually tried it.

As for an antenna, you could probably remove the innards from the one that comes with the module and install internally instead of the one that's there.

EDIT: On second thoughts, that antenna setup wouldn't work as you'd need to install the module in the back and the antenna in the front of the Tx. The antenna would have to be mounted on the back somehow.

My advice: Forget the internal installation in the 9XR. Either use a regular JR-type FrSky module (it fits fine and the antenna is not vulnerable -- unlike Orange DSM) or get a 9X and install internally, which we know is easy.
Daedalus66 is offline Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Last edited by Daedalus66; Mar 11, 2013 at 03:42 PM.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 01:58 PM
master of the universe
USA, CA, Novato
Joined Jul 2008
3,077 Posts
here and gone... the 9xr came into stock but by the time I got to ordering it was back ordered...

but $50 for the radio 23.59 shipping. isn't there any other shipping or group buy options?
captaingeek is offline Find More Posts by captaingeek
Old Mar 11, 2013, 02:06 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2005
5,112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaingeek View Post
but $50 for the radio 23.59 shipping. isn't there any other shipping or group buy options?
The problem is probably the weight and the size of the box. IMHO if you're going to pay $24 to get it shipped you might as well lump some other items into that box.
typicalaimster is offline Find More Posts by typicalaimster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I was bored