HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:11 PM
Raggistored Usehr
United States, FL
Joined Feb 2012
1,059 Posts
Can anyone tell me what this is? I think it's the GR300, but why would they show it with an air radio.
gooby is offline Find More Posts by gooby
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:17 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,551 Posts
Perhaps the satellite, but in a case instead of just heat shrink?
Looks like the antenna and the connector are in the right places.
pmackenzie is offline Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:54 PM
Windsor, Canada, near Detroit
Joined Jul 2007
4,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie View Post
If you bought your 9X from HK then you will have to do something about the antenna.
If you bought it somewhere else it will have the antenna on the back of the module (like the ebay one I linked to ) and should work fine in the 9XR.
when i got the 9x and the FrSky module i removed the antenna from the tx, as the module comes with it. but if i want to use same module (and rx) from the 9x with the 9xr then i guess i have to connect it to the internal antenna of the 9xr, right?
am just intrigued for what hamanu did.
phil alvirez is offline Find More Posts by phil alvirez
Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:58 PM
Joined Jul 2007
4,655 Posts
input

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamanu View Post
I think its the stock module that comes with the 9x however it can be used in the 9xr. It is working im just having problems with programming the switches
good.
then, could you provide data on how you connected the module to the antenna in the tx? seems an interesting alternative.

thanks
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:13 PM
Happy FPV flyer
Switzerland
Joined Sep 2006
4,281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil alvirez View Post
but if i want to use same module (and rx) from the 9x with the 9xr then i guess i have to connect it to the internal antenna of the 9xr, right?
No. It's not because there is an internal antenna that you need to use it.
Kilrah is online now Find More Posts by Kilrah
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:24 PM
Joined Jul 2007
4,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah View Post
No. It's not because there is an internal antenna that you need to use it.
ok: if the module of the 9x has no antenna, then it means i only have to plug it in the 9xr tx and it will be connected to the internal antenna of the tx?
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:29 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil alvirez View Post
ok: if the module of the 9x has no antenna, then it means i only have to plug it in the 9xr tx and it will be connected to the internal antenna of the tx?
No. Not sure what Kirah was trying to say, but that won't work.

To use an HK 9X module that has been removed from a 9X you will have to add a connector that plugs into the one inside the module bay of the 9XR. It will have to be correctly wired to the module as well.

Not something you should be attempting without understanding how this all works

If you want to use the cheap FlySky receivers then buy the Flysky module that has the antenna on it.
pmackenzie is offline Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:54 PM
Happy FPV flyer
Switzerland
Joined Sep 2006
4,281 Posts
Sorry, still jetlagged...

What I meant to say was that it would be better and safer to mount the antenna that was soldered to the module on the back of its case instead of trying to connect the module to the 9XR's internal antenna.

Like this for example: http://9xforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1430
Kilrah is online now Find More Posts by Kilrah
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:48 PM
Joined Jul 2007
4,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie View Post
No. Not sure what Kirah was trying to say, but that won't work.

To use an HK 9X module that has been removed from a 9X you will have to add a connector that plugs into the one inside the module bay of the 9XR. It will have to be correctly wired to the module as well.

Not something you should be attempting without understanding how this all works

If you want to use the cheap FlySky receivers then buy the Flysky module that has the antenna on it.
thank you for the advice. as i said, i was curious about what has been done by hamanu , but i have the components from FrSky so no need for getting into all this, as you say.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 04:19 PM
Gone Flying
United States, IN, Covington
Joined Dec 2012
759 Posts
Cheap 9XR Stand

Noting really special just my solution to HK not having a stand yet. It is made up of small screws with nylon spacers and two nuts. Screwed in and used shrink wrap and then epoxied the feet on it. All parts bought from the local HW store.

Name: Stand1.jpg
Views: 197
Size: 171.2 KB
Description: Name: Stand2.jpg
Views: 243
Size: 202.1 KB
Description:

Just thought I would share as another idea on keeping the 9XR off of the module. It doesn't add much weight is sturdy and looks decent IMHO.

TechJunkieRC
TechJunkieRC is online now Find More Posts by TechJunkieRC
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 18, 2013, 04:42 PM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Mckinney,TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,013 Posts
Looks nice tech, I need one like that but with a bar across to mount my ezuhf on. Good job, may try to make something up myself.
Killab is offline Find More Posts by Killab
Old Feb 18, 2013, 05:24 PM
Austin TEXAS area
Joined Apr 2008
343 Posts
Thank you Daedalus66 I'll go looking there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus66 View Post
When you say "enabled trainer" have you actually set up Trainer Mode?

This should tell you what you need to know:
http://9xforums.com/wiki/index.php/E...ructor/Student

By the way, I found this by Googling "ER9X trainer mode". There's a great deal of helpful stuff on the 9X forum and related links, though it isn't always immediately obvious where. That's why Google is sometimes the best way to find it.
pops57 is online now Find More Posts by pops57
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:35 PM
Raggistored Usehr
United States, FL
Joined Feb 2012
1,059 Posts
Has anyone tried charging their 9XR through the charge port? Of course you would need a regular lipo charger, but I don't know what connector cable on hobbyking is compatible.
gooby is offline Find More Posts by gooby
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:07 PM
Gone Flying
United States, IN, Covington
Joined Dec 2012
759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killab View Post
Looks nice tech, I need one like that but with a bar across to mount my ezuhf on. Good job, may try to make something up myself.
Killab:

Thank you. The bar would be easy enough if you could use flat stock. They sell aluminum flat stock at the HW store. a couple of holes and a couple more nuts and you are good to go.

I really wish HK would step up with a good stand. This at least will suffice for now.
TechJunkieRC is online now Find More Posts by TechJunkieRC
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:07 PM
Australia, VIC
Joined Dec 2011
1,101 Posts
Gimbal Play

Well , I was playing with my 9xr and noticed some in and out play ( slop ) when pulling and pushing gently on the gimbal ( stick ) ...

Wow , well knowing it was there just drove me nuts ...

So pulled of the bearing retainer ... and yep , bearing play , or simply the bearing was not held correctly ...

Cure = a slice of printer paper used as a gasket , super glued into the bearing retainer to increase down force ( take out the play ) ..

Well it worked ...
old4570 is offline Find More Posts by old4570
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Wow -