HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 08, 2013, 08:35 AM
KD0EMB
United States, KS, Wichita
Joined Jan 2013
139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebstress View Post
The DJT module fits fine, some have just had to bend the pins in the module bay so they line up with the holes in the module.
different definition of fine but thanks, finally got it in. thought i was going to end up doing more....
eraujk is offline Find More Posts by eraujk
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2013, 08:58 AM
Windsor, Canada, near Detroit
Joined Jul 2007
5,037 Posts
my impressions-part 3

main switch is ok.
1 thing that i mentioned before was the main switch. i said that i would like to have it running across (meaning from left to right). on the DX6 the switch runs vertical, and 1 could turn it off if trying to trim the elevator up without seeing it, as both the trim and the switch are close. then the DX6i came with the switch running across to avoid this, and i had the idea that it could also be used on the 9xr.
but after using it, i have come to realize that on the 9xr the switch is very different in size and feeling from the trim, which by the way is of the rocker type (a great improvement). and the switch is wide, and has a large edge around, and takes more pressure to move it.
so it is practically impossible to flip 1 in place of the other.

another thing that i have learned is that, when starting the radio, 1 must check that all the switches are in the 'up' position (or forward), and the throttle has to be all the way down.
otherwise we get all kind of warnings and are told to calibrate them.
phil alvirez is offline Find More Posts by phil alvirez
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:14 AM
Joined Sep 2001
6,190 Posts
Thanks to those of you that responded with tips on setting up a THOLD switch on er9x. I have enough to go on now to figure it out.
cactus is offline Find More Posts by cactus
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:21 AM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,737 Posts
I guess you can use the futaba port for head tracking with fatshark goggles on this? I can't get mine to work via the futaba port anyway.
Wingbreaker is online now Find More Posts by Wingbreaker
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:45 AM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,463 Posts
I don't have a 9XR, but the two trainer ports do offer interesting options.

I presume you can't use them both at once. If you use one, does the second lock out in some way?
aeajr is offline Find More Posts by aeajr
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:48 AM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,737 Posts
don't know, just trying to use one, the futaba. my jr adapter for fatshark is not here yet.
Wingbreaker is online now Find More Posts by Wingbreaker
Old Feb 08, 2013, 10:49 AM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,615 Posts
My 9xr is "arrived and being processed" in the USA. I would assume it's somewhere NYC but not sure. Anyone know how long it will take from here. Rough idea/guess is cool, thanks
kenstogie is offline Find More Posts by kenstogie
Old Feb 08, 2013, 11:11 AM
FPV in Hawaii
United States, HI, Kailua
Joined Feb 2012
2,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingbreaker View Post
I guess you can use the futaba port for head tracking with fatshark goggles on this? I can't get mine to work via the futaba port anyway.
I think I read way back in this thread that the Futaba port doesn't work and needs to be modded? Can anyone confirm that?

Also, can we get some more reports from new owners if there really are changes to the newest 9XRs? Are the gimbal wires really longer, did the buttons improve?
iskess is offline Find More Posts by iskess
Old Feb 08, 2013, 12:40 PM
Windsor, Canada, near Detroit
Joined Jul 2007
5,037 Posts
comments on 9xr

mine shipped on jan 21.
see posts 4928 p329, and 4958 p331.
phil alvirez is offline Find More Posts by phil alvirez
Old Feb 08, 2013, 01:09 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcurl777 View Post
I don't think is too expensive if you use "leaf gold" i think you will need around 20 leafs, so this would be around 120$
Aww Yeah! Gold leaf and paint the case in Louis Vutton!
shahram72 is online now Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Feb 08, 2013, 01:45 PM
Joined Feb 2013
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
Aww Yeah! Gold leaf and paint the case in Louis Vutton!
a good way to interest womans for 9xr
ripcurl777 is offline Find More Posts by ripcurl777
Old Feb 08, 2013, 02:01 PM
Joined Apr 2006
1,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskess View Post
I think I read way back in this thread that the Futaba port doesn't work and needs to be modded? Can anyone confirm that?
yes it does work.. see post # 4540..
barok is offline Find More Posts by barok
Old Feb 08, 2013, 02:02 PM
Warbird Fanatic
United States, PA, Coraopolis
Joined Jun 2012
274 Posts
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstogie View Post
My 9xr is "arrived and being processed" in the USA. I would assume it's somewhere NYC but not sure. Anyone know how long it will take from here. Rough idea/guess is cool, thanks
Hard to say. I've noticed recently that the USPS tracking isn't showing anything between "being prepared to ship" and when it arrives at our local sorting center here in Pittsburgh. They used to show processed through ISC NY-which seemed to take a day or two. Then it went to Jamaica ny or Elizabeth Page, NY before coming to PIT. Since you're in NY state, it might be quicker than the 2-4 days my packages took from the ISC. If your close to the ISC perhaps much sooner.
jchtr3a is offline Find More Posts by jchtr3a
Old Feb 08, 2013, 02:28 PM
United States, MO
Joined Dec 2012
149 Posts
FrSky DJT plug in Issues

Have read where others have had a similar issue. Just got my 9XR in with a FrSKY DJT RF Module.I can't get the darn module to plug in and I am afraid to force the module in. I am including some picks and hopefully someone can help. I am reluctant to bend pins as I am not sure which of the 5 pins are not connecting.

Thanks,
Fastmetal
Fastmetal is offline Find More Posts by Fastmetal
Old Feb 08, 2013, 02:46 PM
United States, MO
Joined Dec 2012
149 Posts
Managed to get FrSKY to insert.

OK, I moved "all" of the pins directly east by .65mm. When you lay the mod next to the pins, you can just barely see that the male pins are not aligned just so. This is clearly a quality control issue with Turnigy and hopefully will be addressed.

I used a very small regular screw driver to bend the male leads. Be careful and unplug battery.

Fastmetal.
Fastmetal is offline Find More Posts by Fastmetal