HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 08, 2013, 01:23 AM
United States, CA, Rio Vista
Joined Feb 2012
1,240 Posts
QUOTE=cactus;24068280]Can you give more detail on how you got Throttle Hold to work on the er9x? I have not been able to get it to work yet. I am used to having it setup on my JR 9503 and all my helis. I basically want to be able to hit the switch and have the throttle ch output go to zero or -5 regardless of the current THR stick position. I tried applying the template, but it did nothing.[/QUOTE]

I'm a belt and suspenders sort I guess. I do not like the possibility of the throttle stick not being at -100 (full down for me) and the THR switch being switched to activated throttle posiition and having the motor sipin up.

There is a template for this in eepe. Select a new model and double click it. On the far right tab at the top is tab labeled 'Templates". Click the template tab. double click "Sticky T-Cut" Click "yes" on the apply window. Now simulate that model and observe that the throttle stick must be all the way down before any throotle channel output can start.
OldDmbThms is offline Find More Posts by OldDmbThms
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2013, 01:33 AM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
17,098 Posts
The one problem with the sticky throttle is that it is sort of like magic - it works but unless you understand a bit more about er9x and "finite state machines" you will have no idea how it works

I chose to give an example of the regular throttle hold to hopefully give some insight into er9x.

(I also would not personally use anything like the throttle sticky because I want the radio and hence the model to always be in a known state based on the switch and stick positions only, not the order of operations. )
pmackenzie is online now Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Feb 08, 2013, 01:57 AM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,641 Posts
Yep I played around with the sticky throttle template in Open9X and got it working fine. But then deleted all the settings (I hope!) and am back to the normal throttle hold. Will use this on planes too as so many times i nudge the throttle when carrying a plane to the runway. A shame that so many non open source radios only allow throttle hold on 'heli' setups

The one hint for setting throttle hold is to select the !THR option for the switch instead of THR as otherwise the switch works the wrong way from what I wanted.
ChrisJ800 is online now Find More Posts by ChrisJ800
Old Feb 08, 2013, 02:05 AM
Joined Feb 2013
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKUSA View Post
Thats because it is dying the underlying nylon due to a rather porous plating. The plastic used on the 9XR faceplate cannot be dyed without special solvents that open up the surface to allow penetration. Acetone or naphtha can be used on SOME plastics as the carrier for the dye, but must be a weak solution to prevent attacking the plastic too much.

Your safer just painting it rather than ruining your part.
Your re right... or HK needs to bring the Faceplates so i have a reokacement or i buy the white one
ripcurl777 is offline Find More Posts by ripcurl777
Old Feb 08, 2013, 02:05 AM
Joined Dec 2002
17,098 Posts
FWIW with "non open source" radios you can usually use a pmix to get throttle hold by mixing the channel into itself at a -100% rate.

You do have to have a free switch available of course.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 02:24 AM
Mark Harrison
USA, CA, Piedmont
Joined Jun 2010
2,269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus View Post
Can you give more detail on how you got Throttle Hold to work on the er9x? I have not been able to get it to work yet. I am used to having it setup on my JR 9503 and all my helis. I basically want to be able to hit the switch and have the throttle ch output go to zero or -5 regardless of the current THR stick position. I tried applying the template, but it did nothing.
Here's some notes and tutorial:

http://eastbay-rc.blogspot.com/2012/...r-turnigy.html
marhar is online now Find More Posts by marhar
Old Feb 08, 2013, 02:29 AM
Mark Harrison
USA, CA, Piedmont
Joined Jun 2010
2,269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcurl777 View Post
Your re right... or HK needs to bring the Faceplates so i have a reokacement or i buy the white one
I'm going to get one and have it gold-plated... Then I'll have a $1050 radio!

Actually, I wonder how much that would cost to have done.
marhar is online now Find More Posts by marhar
Old Feb 08, 2013, 02:36 AM
Joined Feb 2013
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marhar View Post
I'm going to get one and have it gold-plated... Then I'll have a $1050 radio!

Actually, I wonder how much that would cost to have done.
I don't think is too expensive if you use "leaf gold" i think you will need around 20 leafs, so this would be around 120$
ripcurl777 is offline Find More Posts by ripcurl777
Old Feb 08, 2013, 03:03 AM
Windsor, Canada, near Detroit
Joined Jul 2007
5,227 Posts
what's on your screen when you start

what your screen shows when you turn on your tx?
i need to hear from all of you.

mine shows: 9xr turnigy logo, then changes to:
alert; thr ID2; switch warning; please reset switches; press any key to skip.

this 2nd screen is what am curious:
the reason why i ask this is if this is the 'standard' way that we all should expect, or if there is a way to program it to start directly to the next that shows something like: 'model 01, and pack voltage'.

and i already reset switches, so i don't think i have to reset them every time i turn it on.

thanks
phil alvirez is offline Find More Posts by phil alvirez
Old Feb 08, 2013, 03:09 AM
Joined Dec 2002
17,098 Posts
You can set it up to ignore the switch positions at startup, or alternately set it up to check for the switches to be in a particular position you define.
(The latter is true for the recent versions of er9x, not sure about the version shipped with the radio)

Press the left arrow from the main screen to get to the setup menus.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 07:27 AM
Windsor, Canada, near Detroit
Joined Jul 2007
5,227 Posts
details

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie View Post
You can set it up to ignore the switch positions at startup, or alternately set it up to check for the switches to be in a particular position you define.
(The latter is true for the recent versions of er9x, not sure about the version shipped with the radio)

thank you sir. later i learned that if it has all switches forward or up, including the 3 positions switch, and the throttle stick full down, it goes to the logo screen and then to the #1 model-and pack voltage. just as it should go.
i had the feeling that it had to be something simple, but especially at the beginning, it is easy to overlook all these details.
all in all, a great radio. i wouldn't change anything.
phil alvirez is offline Find More Posts by phil alvirez
Old Feb 08, 2013, 07:45 AM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,954 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie View Post

If you want to go immediately to the main screen when you turn the Tx on, you should also turn off the splash screen. It's on that same RADIO SETUP screen.

And yes, the 9XR firmware does allow you to set the default switch positions, meaning that if the switch warning is ON, these are the the positions the switches must be in to avoid the warning.
Daedalus66 is offline Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:02 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,632 Posts
@phil alvirez

You can go directly to a particular model memory if you hold a button down while turning on the radio. That's another trick with er9x firmware.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:17 AM
KD0EMB
United States, KS, Wichita
Joined Jan 2013
139 Posts
I saw back on page 224 or something like earlier in Jan people were talking about the DJT module not fitting into the 9XR. I got the same problem. Which part of the module were people grinding down if anybody still knows?
eraujk is offline Find More Posts by eraujk
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:21 AM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eraujk View Post
I saw back on page 224 or something like earlier in Jan people were talking about the DJT module not fitting into the 9XR. I got the same problem. Which part of the module were people grinding down if anybody still knows?
The DJT module fits fine, some have just had to bend the pins in the module bay so they line up with the holes in the module.
nebstress is offline Find More Posts by nebstress