Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonChambers View Post
Some may be interested in here to see the newest FrSky modules out:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=10031
I don't think they are out yet. Press announcement says to be released soon ! (But I understand the enthusiasm )
ChrisJ800 is offline Find More Posts by ChrisJ800
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2013, 05:33 AM
Radio? Screwdriver!
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Aug 2011
940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ800 View Post
I don't think they are out yet. Press announcement says to be released soon ! (But I understand the enthusiasm )
Oops, I didn't proof read my comment enough before hitting submit!

Si.
SimonChambers is offline Find More Posts by SimonChambers
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 07, 2013, 05:38 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ800 View Post
Oh yeah, that looks really nice!

I gotta get that module for my 9XR. My intention is to turn it into my main TX, my current 9X will be used for less important things.
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Feb 07, 2013, 07:00 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Aug 2012
1,136 Posts
X8R FRSKY rx? No other name choices?
mpjf01 is online now Find More Posts by mpjf01
Old Feb 07, 2013, 07:49 AM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,637 Posts
9XR Report: I got my TX from HK a week ago. I finally had time to test it out with my Frsky Module. I loaded my er9x firmware and model settings without a hitch. Re calibrated my gimbals and tested it out. It work perfectly. Not sure what all the fuss is. Not a bad TX for the price. I'm excited because I just got some head tracking goggles from fatshark and this TX just happen to have the futaba plug, worked out great.
Wingbreaker is offline Find More Posts by Wingbreaker
Old Feb 07, 2013, 08:32 AM
Canada, QC, Saint-CÚsaire
Joined Jan 2013
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingbreaker View Post
9XR Report: I got my TX from HK a week ago. I finally had time to test it out with my Frsky Module. I loaded my er9x firmware and model settings without a hitch. Re calibrated my gimbals and tested it out. It work perfectly. Not sure what all the fuss is. Not a bad TX for the price. I'm excited because I just got some head tracking goggles from fatshark and this TX just happen to have the futaba plug, worked out great.
May I suggest you open your radio! The wires going from throttle and elevator gimbals to motherboard are too short. The connectors on motherboard are moving while you move gimbals vertically. It's a potential disaster to happen. Better to fix them with a tie wrap or hot glue.
martinlmtl is online now Find More Posts by martinlmtl
Old Feb 07, 2013, 09:04 AM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,637 Posts
that's been done, read that a while ago. No biggy but mine didn't really need it, they must have addressed this on the newer ones. it wasn't so tight.

My only beef is the balance connecter, pretty tight to the battery cover. Otherwise this thing is really nice compared to my TH9X, and more than half the price because of the smartieparts board/led.
Last edited by Wingbreaker; Feb 07, 2013 at 09:32 AM.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:20 AM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinlmtl View Post
May I suggest you open your radio! The wires going from throttle and elevator gimbals to motherboard are too short. The connectors on motherboard are moving while you move gimbals vertically. It's a potential disaster to happen. Better to fix them with a tie wrap or hot glue.
My 9Xr
is on the way. Is there a tutorial or pic to show what exactly your talking about so I can avoid any crashes (that aren't my fault I mean )
kenstogie is offline Find More Posts by kenstogie
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:32 AM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Nov 2009
647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstogie View Post
My 9Xr
is on the way. Is there a tutorial or pic to show what exactly your talking about so I can avoid any crashes (that aren't my fault I mean )
See Post #3877 for pics on what he's talking about.

There's also a video of how the connector moves, somewhere earlier in the thread. If you search you will find it.

By the way, to all who find the cable on the throttle pot slightly too short. You can just separate the 3 colored wires (Red, White and Black) from each other to allow them to move more freely. This is all that my radio needed to prevent the throttle stick from pulling back down from the top of it's movement due to the wires pulling on it.
xxxcellarator is online now Find More Posts by xxxcellarator
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:32 AM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,637 Posts
Quote:
My 9Xr
yes there is, just look through here. I got one of the newer batches and mine had plenty of slack. all I did was tie a quick tie near the connecters at the bottom of the gimbal so it didn't wiggle at all but mine didn't have the tension you will see in the video, I'm assuming yours will not either.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:35 AM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxcellarator View Post
See Post #3877 for pics on what he's talking about.

There's also a video of how the connector moves, somewhere earlier in the thread. If you search you will find it.

By the way, to all who find the cable on the throttle pot slightly too short. You can just separate the 3 colored wires (Red, White and Black) from each other to allow them to move more freely. This is all that my radio needed to prevent the throttle stick from pulling back down from the top of it's movement due to the wires pulling on it.
Thanks I checked out the post/pics but hope it makes more sense when I crack open my 9xr to fix.
kenstogie is offline Find More Posts by kenstogie
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:53 AM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Nov 2009
647 Posts
Quote:
Thanks I checked out the post/pics but hope it makes more sense when I crack open my 9xr to fix.
It's not rocket science lol
It's just the hot glue that you see on the connectors.

When you move the sticks up and down, you'll see that the wire attached to the pot that is used for the left/right stick movement (the pots at the top/bottom of the gimbals, not the ones on the sides) will pull on the connectors attached to the PCBs, causing them to wiggle.

Adding glue to the connectors will ensure that they won't ever come loose (like in the pic I linked to above). But the wire on the left stick (looking from front of radio) might also be too short. You can either make it longer somehow, or just do what I did and loosen the 3 wires from each other and that should fix it.
xxxcellarator is online now Find More Posts by xxxcellarator
Old Feb 07, 2013, 11:25 AM
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Feb 2013
87 Posts
My father in law wants to buy a radio that will last a long time and I was looking at this one. It looks like it will cost around $120 shipped with the special battery and module to FL. Is it worth it or should I just go with the 9x since it comes with everything I need for $79 shipped? Also, if the 9xr is worth it which module would be best? I'm thinking of pairing it with the Super Cub that requires a trasmitter.
BlakeL is offline Find More Posts by BlakeL
Old Feb 07, 2013, 11:42 AM
United States, WI, Fond du Lac
Joined Sep 2008
1,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeL View Post
My father in law wants to buy a radio that will last a long time and I was looking at this one. It looks like it will cost around $120 shipped with the special battery and module to FL. Is it worth it or should I just go with the 9x since it comes with everything I need for $79 shipped? Also, if the 9xr is worth it which module would be best? I'm thinking of pairing it with the Super Cub that requires a trasmitter.
If that's a Hobbyzone Supercub you'll need a DSM2/X module or TX.
pmullen503 is offline Find More Posts by pmullen503
Old Feb 07, 2013, 11:53 AM
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Feb 2013
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmullen503 View Post
If that's a Hobbyzone Supercub you'll need a DSM2/X module or TX.
Don't the sell one of this Orange RX modules that are DSM2/X? My father in law just wants a radio that will last without spending $300+ on a Spektrum or Futaba.
BlakeL is offline Find More Posts by BlakeL