HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 04, 2013, 02:13 PM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,552 Posts
Where does one get a "programmer"? He makes reference to the HK programmer but I can't find it on the HK site.
aeajr is offline Find More Posts by aeajr
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 02:18 PM
Joined Jul 2005
258 Posts
Search for usbasp.
You can also get them off ebay. Just see to it that you get a 10 pole to 6 pole converter at the same time since all ebay usbasps have 10 pole connections.
dvogonen is online now Find More Posts by dvogonen
Old Feb 04, 2013, 02:19 PM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,203 Posts
Here...this one already comes with both connectors you may need.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...occessors.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeajr View Post
Where does one get a "programmer"? He makes reference to the HK programmer but I can't find it on the HK site.
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Malware?
Old Feb 04, 2013, 02:20 PM
KC
Registered Loiterer.
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Sep 2006
4,110 Posts
Grrrr..... efx beat me to it.

Here it is.

HK USBasp programmer.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...rSearch=Usbasp
KC is offline Find More Posts by KC
Old Feb 04, 2013, 02:21 PM
Joined Jul 2005
258 Posts
There is a site called 9xrprogrammer.com that has exactly what you are looking for with improved software and the correct connector. USA based, so probably your quickest option.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 02:33 PM
The Dude Abides
United States, IN, Fortville
Joined Jan 2012
100 Posts
dvogonen & abletowinginc: thanks for the help.

You got me on the right track. It was actually ch1:ail, ch2:ele, ch3:thr, ch4:rud (For anybody with similar issues use this to get started)

Well, first time flying a 4 channel and got it to hover pretty well. One question though, is there a way to mix a pot switch to help control the yaw? The yaw seams to change with battery level...
dsmithwc04 is online now Find More Posts by dsmithwc04
Old Feb 04, 2013, 02:47 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmithwc04 View Post
dvogonen & abletowinginc: thanks for the help.

You got me on the right track. It was actually ch1:ail, ch2:ele, ch3:thr, ch4:rud (For anybody with similar issues use this to get started)

Well, first time flying a 4 channel and got it to hover pretty well. One question though, is there a way to mix a pot switch to help control the yaw? The yaw seams to change with battery level...

Just with what I am learning, yes. You should be able to mix a pot input to any channel output, but I have no idea how!

But you are ahead of me. I want the channel output you specified. But my sticks do something else and I don't know how to change it yet.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Feb 04, 2013, 03:10 PM
Joined Jul 2005
258 Posts
About mixing in a pot channel with rudder to compensate for loss of effect as battery voltage drops :
Sure you can do that, but it is easier to use the rudder trim.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 03:12 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
17,100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abletowinginc View Post
here is eepe filezipped
i am using number 7 for the 500 its the only one that somewhat works
OK. looking at that model, I can see why the settings in the swash menu are having no effect - it is not using the built in cyclic mixing, but building everything from scratch.

You could make the changes to all the mixer percentages to get things to work, but it would be much simpler to use the CYC inputs to the mixers instead.

Try the attached modified eepe file and see if it works better. You might have to adjust the values in the swash menu since I don't have your heli so I can't do it
But they will have an effect since my version uses the CYC inputs to the cyclic servo channels
(Which are in Futaba order, 1,2 and 6)

Note this is not really a zip. Just change the extension from zip to eepe when you save it.
pmackenzie is online now Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Feb 04, 2013, 04:13 PM
The Dude Abides
United States, IN, Fortville
Joined Jan 2012
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
Just with what I am learning, yes. You should be able to mix a pot input to any channel output, but I have no idea how!

But you are ahead of me. I want the channel output you specified. But my sticks do something else and I don't know how to change it yet.
Go to the menu of the model your programming and go to page 5/11. Arrow down until the percentage is highlighted of the channel you want to change and hold menu. This takes you to edit mix for which ever channel you highlighed. Arrow over left or right for the "Source" and it allows you to change that channel for which ever function you want.

For my v911 I used the channel functions as posted in my post above.

There may be an easier way of doing this but I haven't read the manual and did this off of memory from messing around with the 9XR
dsmithwc04 is online now Find More Posts by dsmithwc04
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:07 PM
Lets make it remote control!!!
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie View Post
OK. looking at that model, I can see why the settings in the swash menu are having no effect - it is not using the built in cyclic mixing, but building everything from scratch.

You could make the changes to all the mixer percentages to get things to work, but it would be much simpler to use the CYC inputs to the mixers instead.

Try the attached modified eepe file and see if it works better. You might have to adjust the values in the swash menu since I don't have your heli so I can't do it
But they will have an effect since my version uses the CYC inputs to the cyclic servo channels
(Which are in Futaba order, 1,2 and 6)

Note this is not really a zip. Just change the extension from zip to eepe when you save it.
heya pat ummmmm thats almost completely blank the file you posted.i loaded it and nothing will move at all now. when i looked at settings you changed theres no mixes nothing
abletowinginc is offline Find More Posts by abletowinginc
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:21 PM
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
pat all the settings are blank even my quad and tricopter settings what happened. i have a backup file so its ok but what happened
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:47 PM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abletowinginc View Post
pat all the settings are blank even my quad and tricopter settings what happened. i have a backup file so its ok but what happened
I just tried the file Pat posted above in eepe and all works.. I could see all the mixes.. Download the file and change the extension from .zip to .eepe.
jhsa is online now Find More Posts by jhsa
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:55 PM
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsa View Post
I just tried the file Pat posted above in eepe and all works.. I could see all the mixes.. Download the file and change the extension from .zip to .eepe.
huh thats exactlywhat i did.maybe something happened during flash ill retry because i noticed allmy settings went away even tricopter etc
Old Feb 04, 2013, 07:06 PM
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
imustbe doing something wrong because i redownloaded it still nothing.i opened simulator no responses. i downloaded then changed the end of file to eepe then opened in companion9x then burned to tx