HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:36 AM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,614 Posts
I generally fly smaller stuff as it's easy to transport but do have some medium sized stuff (Ez*) so I will be using my 9xr for that.....

but what can I do with Telemetry??
kenstogie is online now Find More Posts by kenstogie
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:46 AM
Schweiz, BE, Bern
Joined Aug 2011
99 Posts
Review PART1
Turnigy 9XR Review (part 1) (13 min 19 sec)
altas is offline Find More Posts by altas
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:10 AM
Windsor, Canada, near Detroit
Joined Jul 2007
4,773 Posts
now part 1

great to see part 1.
thanks again, great guy.
and my 9xr is black, but my 9x is gray.
i like better it black, but it depends on each 1's taste.
phil alvirez is offline Find More Posts by phil alvirez
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:22 AM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxcellarator View Post
Wow, first line = most pointless comment of the year. 2nd line = how are you even gonna do that, as soon as you line them up by putting the module over the bay, you cant see anything!!

The easiest way to get a sense of how much the pins need to be bent and in what direction, is by looking at where the pins are located in relation to the cutout in the case that allows the pins to protrude through it from inside the radio.

See attached.
Notice that the pins in my case are located ever so slightly up, but a lot to the right side of the cutout. This means I had to bend all the pins slightly down and quite a bit to the left. Goes in smooth as butter now.
First line=I guess some people don't have a sense of humor

2nd line=also no common sense
nebstress is offline Find More Posts by nebstress
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:47 AM
B12
Finland
Joined Sep 2010
583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil alvirez View Post
and my 9xr is black, but my 9x is gray.
i like better it black, but it depends on each 1's taste.
Flysky th9x is black, turnigy 9x is gray.
B12 is offline Find More Posts by B12
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:46 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2013
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstogie View Post
I generally fly smaller stuff as it's easy to transport but do have some medium sized stuff (Ez*) so I will be using my 9xr for that.....

but what can I do with Telemetry??
Anything from batt voltage, wattage, altitude, RPM, GPS location, speed etc. There are lot's of sensors you can buy and use. There are even fuel level sensors available.
LowThudd is offline Find More Posts by LowThudd
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:05 PM
Lets make it remote control!!!
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killab View Post
Couldn't get it to work, it will not power the radio, so ordered the one from hk
if its not powering up youmayhave it plugged in bckwards.......these programmers come apart the plug can get turned over on the end.if i plug in backwards doesnt power up but turned overworks fine
abletowinginc is offline Find More Posts by abletowinginc
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:07 PM
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie View Post
I usually use er9x. I just installed Companion9X to experiment with Open9x and the heli stuff did not work correctly at all in there. Either the collective would not work at all, or the cyclic invert functions had no effect. (I don't have my radio on the road with me, so I can't experiment in it to confirm)
So I suggest you try er9x instead, and the swash mix page will actually work.

Pat MacKenzie
ok i loaded er9x still same problem. i must need to change some values in the mixer screen but i dont know where to begin, the swash moves down on throttle up but the directions are correct when i invert but the swash wont invert in the heli menu or menu 6 of er9x
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:11 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abletowinginc View Post
ok i loaded er9x still same problem. i must need to change some values in the mixer screen but i dont know where to begin, the swash moves down on throttle up but the directions are correct when i invert but the swash wont invert in the heli menu or menu 6 of er9x
You should not have to do anything on the mixer screen, that is what the Swash menu is for.
Can you post your eePe file?
Save it and change the extension to .zip for posting it on here.
pmackenzie is online now Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:16 PM
The Dude Abides
United States, IN, Fortville
Joined Jan 2012
96 Posts
So, just did a bunch of searching on flying v911 with the 9XR. I am using stock firmware on the 9XR until my new programmer arrives. I used the heli template that was preloaded on the 9XR and was able to bind the WL v911 to the tx. However, I get no movement of the blades. The servos will react to input though. The mixing seams to be off. Throttle controls movement of the swash plate instead of spinning the rotors. I googled for about 20 minutes and could not find an answer. Any ideas?
dsmithwc04 is offline Find More Posts by dsmithwc04
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:16 PM
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie View Post
You should not have to do anything on the mixer screen, that is what the Swash menu is for.
Can you post your eePe file?
Save it and change the extension to .zip for posting it on here.
will try never have tried it but let me see....
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:22 PM
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
here is eepe filezipped
i am using number 7 for the 500 its the only one that somewhat works
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:24 PM
Joined Jul 2005
257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmithwc04 View Post
So, just did a bunch of searching on flying v911 with the 9XR. I am using stock firmware on the 9XR until my new programmer arrives. I used the heli template that was preloaded on the 9XR and was able to bind the WL v911 to the tx. However, I get no movement of the blades. The servos will react to input though. The mixing seams to be off. Throttle controls movement of the swash plate instead of spinning the rotors. I googled for about 20 minutes and could not find an answer. Any ideas?
When I set up my v911 I did not use any copter template. I think the setup is elevator on channel1, aileron on channel 2, throttle on channel 3 and rudder on channel 4.
Just choose a basic template for airplanes and set the channel order as described and it should work.
I know that other terms are used for helicopters, but the transmitter uses aeroplane terms everywhere.
dvogonen is online now Find More Posts by dvogonen
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:38 PM
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvogonen View Post
When I set up my v911 I did not use any copter template. I think the setup is elevator on channel1, aileron on channel 2, throttle on channel 3 and rudder on channel 4.
Just choose a basic template for airplanes and set the channel order as described and it should work.
I know that other terms are used for helicopters, but the transmitter uses aeroplane terms everywhere.
i would agree since thev911 is a fixed pitch you wont need mixes
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:58 PM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
Great video, thanks. That's the first thing I thought about it when I first saw it. Those rear switches looked way too far back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altas View Post
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Malware?