Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:31 AM
oops i crashed
Chile, Valparaíso, Viña
Joined May 2011
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebstress View Post
You should bend the pins in the direction that will let the module fit properly

Line up the module with the module bay & you will be able to see which way you need to bend the pins.
haha well yeah, just bent them slightly and a perfect fit. Just thought It might have a little more trick to it, thanks for the help!
oopsicrashed is offline Find More Posts by oopsicrashed
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:42 AM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Nov 2009
657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebstress View Post
You should bend the pins in the direction that will let the module fit properly

Line up the module with the module bay & you will be able to see which way you need to bend the pins.
Wow, first line = most pointless comment of the year. 2nd line = how are you even gonna do that, as soon as you line them up by putting the module over the bay, you cant see anything!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsicrashed View Post
Hi everyone, I just received my turnigy 9xr. I have gotten lucky with many of the reported "major" problems. Although I cant fit my FrSky DJT module in the back. I know this is a reported problem and all I need to do is bend the pins slightly. Can someone tell me what page on this forum the problem was addressed, or how and what direction I should bend the pins. This forum has made me learn my new radio a lot more than i could of with the manual before even getting it!! keep up the good work guys.

Thanks in advance

Dave
The easiest way to get a sense of how much the pins need to be bent and in what direction, is by looking at where the pins are located in relation to the cutout in the case that allows the pins to protrude through it from inside the radio.

See attached.
Notice that the pins in my case are located ever so slightly up, but a lot to the right side of the cutout. This means I had to bend all the pins slightly down and quite a bit to the left. Goes in smooth as butter now.
xxxcellarator is offline Find More Posts by xxxcellarator
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:48 PM
Lets make it remote control!!!
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
could someone explain what i need to change to reverse the side to side movement of my swash in my 500 heli also need to reverse the front to back....still learnin this thing and i m at a stand still
abletowinginc is offline Find More Posts by abletowinginc
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:26 PM
I can quit anytime I want.
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2012
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abletowinginc View Post
could someone explain what i need to change to reverse the side to side movement of my swash in my 500 heli also need to reverse the front to back....still learnin this thing and i m at a stand still
Is your collective moving in the proper direction? For example, if you give positive collective does the swash plate move up?
sdgeek is offline Find More Posts by sdgeek
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:30 PM
I can quit anytime I want.
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2012
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdgeek View Post
Is your collective moving in the proper direction? For example, if you give positive collective does the swash plate move up?
I guess I'm assuming your heli is flybarred. If it's flybarless the answer may be different.
sdgeek is offline Find More Posts by sdgeek
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:36 PM
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
sorry yes its a flybar heli and yes the collective ismoving correctly
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:54 PM
Goneflying
Joined Jun 2010
151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil alvirez View Post
regarding my post 5043 about an extension:
connectors pins too loose
opened it and checked gimbals.
i noticed that when moving the sticks up and down, the tiny pins that are inserted into the plugs move in their housing. this happens on both (throttle and elevator), no matter if the throttle wires are very short and the others are not: in both, these pins move a little in their housing. i am afraid that with use they may make a false contact, or the wires may break.
i added some welders glue (the transparent that dries hard), but i wish that could be a source for an extension (male at 1 end, female at the other) so we could insert it and make sort of a loop to relieve stress and wear.
any link?
ideally if some1 knows the link for them at hk?

i found 1 supplier. it is: rc-connectors.com
he has a large assortment. the problem is, which 1 is what we need?
how we can determine the type, size?
Maybe send this guy a pm. He may know what you need http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3451
Masterofbizaster is offline Find More Posts by Masterofbizaster
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:08 PM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Mckinney,TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,013 Posts
Anyone know if a atmel avr programmer will work to flash the radio. I just found one I had for my old kk board.
Killab is offline Find More Posts by Killab
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:08 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
17,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abletowinginc View Post
sorry yes its a flybar heli and yes the collective ismoving correctly
Assuming you used the heli template which uses the CYC inputs to the mixers, in the heli setup screen there is an elevator and aileron invert setting.

Pat MacKenzie
pmackenzie is offline Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:17 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2010
1,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxcellarator View Post
Wow, first line = most pointless comment of the year. 2nd line = how are you even gonna do that, as soon as you line them up by putting the module over the bay, you cant see anything!!

The easiest way to get a sense of how much the pins need to be bent and in what direction, is by looking at where the pins are located in relation to the cutout in the case that allows the pins to protrude through it from inside the radio.

See attached.
Notice that the pins in my case are located ever so slightly up, but a lot to the right side of the cutout. This means I had to bend all the pins slightly down and quite a bit to the left. Goes in smooth as butter now.

The module/power PCB will actually shift around a bit when you loosen the screws. The holes are bigger than the screws, and there really isnt any keying to align it. Maybe open it up and scoot the board down and left. Thats how I aligned my hack module.
KKUSA is offline Find More Posts by KKUSA
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:48 PM
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Mar 2012
139 Posts
Brown Outs!!! My 9XR is a big brown out machine!! And is on the verge of going on Craigslist.

I have been flying quite a bit this week and have had 4 brown outs on 4 different airframes that have never had issues before, one was catastrophic. I thought it was just a fluke, but my last one browned out 3 times in approx 2min before I could get it back on the ground.

I've been flying these airframes on a DX6i for a yr with no issues. I am not flying long range, I've had brownouts within 100-150ft. I've played with RX positions, TX antenna positions, done range tests, but I still keep browning out.

Any ideas? Here's my equipment and screenshots of my EEPE Settings.

Equipment:
  • 9XR (No Mods) + ER9X (Flashed)
  • OrangeRX DSMX/DSM2 Module
  • Orange R610 Rcvr
  • Old 3S 11.1v parkzone pack that is no longer good for flying, but I have kept over 11.7v in the transmitter
Krash n Burn is online now Find More Posts by Krash n Burn
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:54 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
17,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krash n Burn View Post
Brown Outs!!! My 9XR is a big brown out machine!! And is on the verge of going on Craigslist.

I have been flying quite a bit this week and have had 4 brown outs on 4 different airframes that have never had issues before, one was catastrophic. I thought it was just a fluke, but my last one browned out 3 times in approx 2min before I could get it back on the ground.

I've been flying these airframes on a DX6i for a yr with no issues. I am not flying long range, I've had brownouts within 100-150ft. I've played with RX positions, TX antenna positions, done range tests, but I still keep browning out.

Any ideas? Here's my equipment and screenshots of my EEPE Settings.

Equipment:
  • 9XR (No Mods) + ER9X (Flashed)
  • OrangeRX DSMX/DSM2 Module
  • Orange R610 Rcvr
  • Old 3S 11.1v parkzone pack that is no longer good for flying, but I have kept over 11.7v in the transmitter
Brown outs are a receiver issue due to power supply drop outs.
You might have been getting holds, which is an RF signal issue.

The LED on the receiver should flash to tell you which one it is.

But neither should be a result of the 9XR or any of its settings. Rather the module, the receiver or some issue with its power.

Could also be an issue with the stick pot wires.

If you blame and sold the 9XR, would you tell the buyer you were having these problems

Pat MacKenzie
pmackenzie is offline Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Last edited by pmackenzie; Feb 02, 2013 at 06:59 PM.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:13 PM
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killab View Post
Anyone know if a atmel avr programmer will work to flash the radio. I just found one I had for my old kk board.
it sure will
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:14 PM
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie View Post
Assuming you used the heli template which uses the CYC inputs to the mixers, in the heli setup screen there is an elevator and aileron invert setting.

Pat MacKenzie
on the radio or in the companion9x
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:26 PM
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
QUOTE: If you blame and sold the 9XR, would you tell the buyer you were having these problems

i agree pat i sure hope he would