Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:49 AM
Windsor, Canada, near Detroit
Joined Jul 2007
4,654 Posts
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blusaber View Post
Hi
Link works for me however file can be found on HobbyKings site where you order the radio scroll down to accc , video, files it is in the file section . A PDF version is available

Gary
thanks. just tried again and no go. it's 1 of those things of computers.
but i will try hk as you suggest.
ok, tried and it looks very much like the er9x users guide, with a few changes in the text, and has some examples of mixes at the end, so really i don't need it after all.
phil alvirez is offline Find More Posts by phil alvirez
Last edited by phil alvirez; Feb 01, 2013 at 10:43 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:53 AM
United States, FL, Ocala
Joined Dec 2012
49 Posts
Back into the shipping box goes my 9XR, other than a paper weight with no backward compatibility to older modules and matched receivers. I'm sure the market will catch up with demand and retailers will soon have stock of transmitters and receivers so we can dump our old equipment on eBay. Me going to fly using my modded th9x and "old" modules and receivers.
Charliechan is offline Find More Posts by Charliechan
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:15 AM
Raggistored Usehr
United States, FL
Joined Feb 2012
1,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliechan View Post
Back into the shipping box goes my 9XR, other than a paper weight with no backward compatibility to older modules and matched receivers. I'm sure the market will catch up with demand and retailers will soon have stock of transmitters and receivers so we can dump our old equipment on eBay. Me going to fly using my modded th9x and "old" modules and receivers.
What are you talking about? It uses the same modules, and you can transfer all your models to it using eePe.
gooby is offline Find More Posts by gooby
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:20 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovs View Post
What are you talking about? It uses the same modules, and you can transfer all your models to it using eePe.
He has not been able to get the original flysky module to work, so that's a major fault. Others have been able to use it. Maybe he has a defective product?
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:31 PM
Joined Jul 2007
4,654 Posts
good to hear that

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckleanth View Post
bought 10 9xr mode 2 when they first got released kept 3 and apart from one that had cosmetic imperfections everything works. no sticky buttons (tbh not sure what people are on about the buttons. all work fine, have same elastomer/carbon contact buttons on my tv,sat receiver, ps3 remote, ps3 controlers and all work fine)
everyone that bought my tx is happy, all I can sugest whoever buys one is to open it up and check the wires that go from the sticks to the main pcb. take your hot glue gun and put some glue on the plug to be sure. it won't come off but the wires could had been longer... that's my only complain of the product. as a user I wished they added telemetry from the factory.
good to hear comments of good results from some1!
and even better to learn that he talks about 10-all good! what about that?
thank you sir.
so there is people that brings reports of good behavior after all.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:47 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2013
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil alvirez View Post
thank you sir.
There have been many happy with the 9xR. It is just a very long thread, easy to overlook the stray comments of "All good" among those who are unhappy and make many posts as a result. If you skim through the thread, it's easy to see the results as skewed. But having read all the posts since the first 9Xrs were received, there are far more happy customers than unhappy.
LowThudd is offline Find More Posts by LowThudd
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:55 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2013
101 Posts
I just posted a poll for those who have bought the 9xR. Maybe this will make it easier to see some clear numbers on the subject.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1822441
LowThudd is offline Find More Posts by LowThudd
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:06 PM
Warbird Fanatic
United States, PA, Coraopolis
Joined Jun 2012
270 Posts
9XR is good for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil alvirez View Post
thank you sir.
As Hobby King said--for many it will be good right out of the box. That's me. I'm very happy with the 9XR I got. My models are all 6 channels or less--nothing exotic, a few have gear and flaps. The template(s) work great for me, and the Orange Module, and FlySky modules both work perfectly. I may not even bother with the Turnigy module, if HK gets around to it. I did get the Turnigy battery--on the way via Singapore/Swiss Post. ( Funny HK does not have it on the "accessories" tab for the radio. ) A few blemishes on the case, but not serious. Buttons all work well, sticks feel better than the old TH9X, and pots are good. Can't say I'm crazy about the "transformers" look of it, but it's not what it looks like that counts. Although I might spring for the white faceplate if it's not too much. Otherwise I'm pleased, no buyer's remorse here.
jchtr3a is offline Find More Posts by jchtr3a
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:34 PM
Mark Harrison
USA, CA, Piedmont
Joined Jun 2010
2,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dziedrius View Post
meaning that first batch was out on 24th of December, so first reviews appeared about week after that, I don't see any possibility that they could squeeze any changes into 5 days. Unless they knew about most of the problems when they sold first batch and had had V1.1 ready at that moment - in such case it would be interesting to see how those changes look in photos.
I've ordered mine on 27th, and it has all the flaws mentioned in this thread.
Some of the problems would definitely be addressable on a second run with little difficulty:

- make the gimbal cable 5 mm longer
- sand down the left edge of menu and exit buttons
- clean off molding edges on the gimbals, or whatever the sticks were getting caught on
- make sure the gimbal pots are firmly attached

basic QA stuff, just done by the first batch of RCG posters.
marhar is offline Find More Posts by marhar
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:50 PM
Lets make it remote control!!!
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
Happy with mine no complaints at all
abletowinginc is offline Find More Posts by abletowinginc
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:25 PM
Goneflying
Joined Jun 2010
145 Posts
I was happy with mine until it got cold. Then I found out the buttons do actually stick. This is a valid gripe that needs to be addressed by h.k.
Masterofbizaster is online now Find More Posts by Masterofbizaster
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:35 PM
Kyalami, South Africa
Joined Jun 2006
1,509 Posts
My review of the 9XR... I have 2 x 9x for the past 2 years, both running ER9X with telemetry

1. Hated buttons on 9x as they were too loud and clicky. 9XR buttons are way better, a lot quieter and prefer the feel.
2. Hated the position of the neck loop hook on 9x, made the bottom heavy, and was awkward to carry on neck loop. 9XR is better balanced and hangs level.
3. Not crazy about looks of 9X, I prefer 9XR, but that's subjective.
4. The screen on the 9XR is better than the 9X, clearer and easier to read.
5. Prefer Gimbals on 9XR, the 9X was a little spongy towards outer travel, 9XR is very smooth.
6. Switches feel slightly better on 9XR, but not greatly.
7. 9X had wires connecting to the back board, the board is built into the front on 9XR. Much easier and quicker to FrSky telemetry mod, and less wiring/connectors needed.
8. Love the fact that half the mods I need are already done.
9. I have telemetry mod and haptic off buzzer circuit, and there is still plenty of space. If you need more then the right end of the battery bay can be clipped off and used. This leaves a lot of space for sound mod or future mods.
10. The main board on 9XR is cleaner and looks better quality IMO.

Overall there is nothing I prefer on the 9X. The only mod I did to improve the stock unit is hot glue the gimbal connector. Didnt need anything else.

I have followed this thread and was worried about the number of negative comments, but couldn't be happier!!
kyalamikid is offline Find More Posts by kyalamikid
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:45 PM
Joined Jul 2005
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highflydreamer View Post
I was happy with mine until it got cold. Then I found out the buttons do actually stick. This is a valid gripe that needs to be addressed by h.k.
It is a construction flaw. All radios have got it. But most people never see it since they don't use the radio in the cold.
My guess is that HobbyKing sells the current production run and then quietly fixes the next batch of radios. A recall would be way too expensive. If you want the issue fixed, you better fix it yourself.
But do register a complaint. Just don't expect any feedback. I registered a complaint about sticking buttons some time ago and it seems firmly stuck in limbo. They will not answer or even assign it to anyone. The report is "waiting to be assigned". My guess is that the wait will be eternal :-)
dvogonen is online now Find More Posts by dvogonen
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:55 PM
Joined Jul 2005
250 Posts
I just checked my complaint and it had actually finally been assigned to someone! Who knows, they might even answer any week now :-)
dvogonen is online now Find More Posts by dvogonen
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:06 PM
Joined Jul 2007
4,654 Posts
sometimes being nice works

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvogonen View Post
It is a construction flaw. All radios have got it. But most people never see it since they don't use the radio in the cold.
My guess is that HobbyKing sells the current production run and then quietly fixes the next batch of radios. A recall would be way too expensive. If you want the issue fixed, you better fix it yourself.
But do register a complaint. Just don't expect any feedback. I registered a complaint about sticking buttons some time ago and it seems firmly stuck in limbo. They will not answer or even assign it to anyone. The report is "waiting to be assigned". My guess is that the wait will be eternal :-)
regarding comments on things to be improved-or fixed-i found another way that may work better. recently i was trying to get a certain part that comes with a motor and contacted them on direct chat, but could not find any feedback. then i had the idea of just asking the fellow if he could comment this with the right person/department and he reacted very polite and said that he would do that.
considering all the flak that they get every day, it could be that by making these guys of direct chat a suggestion, not a complain, and asking them politely to pass the request it could work. it may be worth trying.