HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:44 AM
|Taranis|>|All other Tx's|
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
6,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kha View Post
Not too bad, but not very cheap either. DIY would be less than 150 and it is not very difficult to execute after modding a few
Wait until April when FrSKY releases their 9 ch transmitter. I bought a 9xr but just for shucks and giggles. While delayed because the testers suggested some improvements, when it's released it will blow my mind.
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:20 AM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
While they do, I do want to see what they come up with for their own software or what they use. The open9x/erx are cool, but still require quite a bit of button pushing. It took me almost two days just to get this one model going. Maybe it will get better but you know what I mean. Still working on it myself so at least I got off the ground with my first test model. So it will be intersting to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page View Post
Wait until April when FrSKY releases their 9 ch transmitter. I bought a 9xr but just for shucks and giggles. While delayed because the testers suggested some improvements, when it's released it will blow my mind.
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Malware?
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:31 AM
SMILE you're being recorded :)
Joined Apr 2010
754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowThudd View Post
There is this option: http://www.helibatics.com/turnigy-9xr--frsky-djt.html

They did good work on the 9x from what I hear. Probably the same with the 9xr, with all the bugs smoothed out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kha View Post
Not too bad, but not very cheap either. DIY would be less than 150 and it is not very difficult to execute after modding a few
I agree with kha, a bit too expensive for just a telemetry moded 9XR.

Let's see what FRSky will bring us!
Velociraptor73 is offline Find More Posts by Velociraptor73
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:07 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2013
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor73 View Post
I agree with kha, a bit too expensive for just a telemetry moded 9XR.

Let's see what FRSky will bring us!
I agree, that is not what I would do. My point was that for those who do not want to do it them selves, there is another option.
LowThudd is offline Find More Posts by LowThudd
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:07 AM
Windsor, Canada, near Detroit
Joined Jul 2007
5,148 Posts
blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blusaber View Post
thank you, but nothing comes from the link.
could you please try again and check if it works?
phil alvirez is offline Find More Posts by phil alvirez
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:26 AM
Joined Jul 2007
5,148 Posts
pioneers get all the arrows

history repeats itself. check anything and it confirms that if you buy 1st releases, you will get something that, until fully tested by the public for quite some time, will have some (or many) things that need to be fixed.
look at automobile recalls, for instance.
i ordered my 9xr on jan 5 and has none of the problems of the 1st batch experienced by some of you guys, so this makes me think that they have taken into consideration the complains and fixed them-very quickly as it seems.
it is a great radio now, and even if i have to get through the learning of programming it, am very pleased with it.
i feel sorry for all who ordered from the 1st batch that, as mentioned, you could expect to be loaded with all the imperfections of a 1st batch of any mass production thing in history.
am confident that from now on, it only will get better and better.
from all of this, to me it is a terrific product for any price, and for what i paid, it is beyond my wildest dream.
now please don't start throwing negative comments about this.
live with these facts.
it is my experience, and could not be better.
have a nice day.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:36 AM
Joined Jul 2008
254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil alvirez View Post
history repeats itself. check anything and it confirms that if you buy 1st releases, you will get something that, until fully tested by the public for quite some time, will have some (or many) things that need to be fixed.
i ordered my 9xr on jan 5 and has none of the problems of the 1st batch experienced by some of you guys, so this makes me think that they have taken into consideration the complains and fixed them-very quickly as it seems.
it is a great radio now, and even if i have to get through the learning of programming it, am very pleased with it.
i feel sorry for all who ordered from the 1st batch that, as mentioned, you could expect to be loaded with all the imperfections of a 1st batch of any mass production thing in history.
from all of this, to me it is a terrific product for any price, and for what i paid, it is beyond my wildest dream.
live with these facts.
have a nice day.
Photos of changed externals/internals or it did not happened.
dziedrius is offline Find More Posts by dziedrius
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:54 AM
Joined Jul 2007
5,148 Posts
???

Quote:
Originally Posted by dziedrius View Post
Photos of changed externals/internals or it did not happened.
meaning?
please elaborate.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:55 AM
Radio? Screwdriver!
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Aug 2011
962 Posts
Quote:
live with these facts.
have a nice day.
Maybe they just invested in some stronger, larger whips in the sweatshops?

Si.
SimonChambers is offline Find More Posts by SimonChambers
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:07 AM
Joined Jul 2007
5,148 Posts
positive minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonChambers View Post
Maybe they just invested in some stronger, larger whips in the sweatshops?

Si.
i asked this: now please don't start throwing negative comments about this.

please?
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:18 AM
Radio? Screwdriver!
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Aug 2011
962 Posts
Quote:
i asked this: now please don't start throwing negative comments about this.

please?
relax, it was just a light hearted comment. I can't imagine these are actually made in a sweatshop.

I personally don't think the second batches had anything changed, its just the luck of the draw how well built a unit you get.

I ordered two. Both ordered and shipped just before Christmas. The first I got had the most problems by far - squeaky gimbals, dodgy soldering, non centring pots and badly operating arrow buttons. The Second was a lot better, buttons worked, gimbals smoother, etc, etc. That second one I ended up selling on eBay, as I have no use for yet another transmitter... (I don't sell junk, so unless it was ok, I wouldn't have sold it). I've kept the first to play around with and hopefully get fixed as much as is possible.

Si.
SimonChambers is offline Find More Posts by SimonChambers
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:56 AM
Joined Jul 2008
254 Posts
Quote:
meaning?
please elaborate.
meaning that first batch was out on 24th of December, so first reviews appeared about week after that, I don't see any possibility that they could squeeze any changes into 5 days. Unless they knew about most of the problems when they sold first batch and had had V1.1 ready at that moment - in such case it would be interesting to see how those changes look in photos.
I've ordered mine on 27th, and it has all the flaws mentioned in this thread.
dziedrius is offline Find More Posts by dziedrius
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:42 AM
Joined Jul 2007
5,148 Posts
a matter of luck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dziedrius View Post
meaning that first batch was out on 24th of December, so first reviews appeared about week after that, I don't see any possibility that they could squeeze any changes into 5 days. Unless they knew about most of the problems when they sold first batch and had had V1.1 ready at that moment - in such case it would be interesting to see how those changes look in photos.
I've ordered mine on 27th, and it has all the flaws mentioned in this thread.
well, they shipped mine on jan 21-almost a month since the 1st batch.
and there is no point on showing what barely can be seen with a great effort and bad intention.
at the end of the day, it could be that some like me are just lucky-and others aren't.
statistics may show, so we have to wait and see. problem is, most likely we'll get only complains from the guys that have problems, and nothing from the others that have none. so it will be hard to know for sure the % of failures.
still, lucky me!
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:11 AM
If it has wings it will fly...
United Kingdom, England, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2011
1,523 Posts
bought 10 9xr mode 2 when they first got released kept 3 and apart from one that had cosmetic imperfections everything works. no sticky buttons (tbh not sure what people are on about the buttons. all work fine, have same elastomer/carbon contact buttons on my tv,sat receiver, ps3 remote, ps3 controlers and all work fine)
everyone that bought my tx is happy, all I can sugest whoever buys one is to open it up and check the wires that go from the sticks to the main pcb. take your hot glue gun and put some glue on the plug to be sure. it won't come off but the wires could had been longer... that's my only complain of the product. as a user I wished they added telemetry from the factory.
ckleanth is offline Find More Posts by ckleanth
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:24 AM
United States, CA, Walnut
Joined Sep 2006
757 Posts
Quote:
thank you, but nothing comes from the link.
could you please try again and check if it works?
Hi
Link works for me however file can be found on HobbyKings site where you order the radio scroll down to accc , video, files it is in the file section . A PDF version is available

Gary
Blusaber is offline Find More Posts by Blusaber