HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:11 PM
Lets make it remote control!!!
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
thats so friggin coooool......makes it so much easier to preset a model sheeesh love this radio more and more
abletowinginc is offline Find More Posts by abletowinginc
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:26 PM
Crash Test Pilot
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Jul 2012
380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abletowinginc View Post
thats so friggin coooool......makes it so much easier to preset a model sheeesh love this radio more and more
You mean the firmware
Levictus is offline Find More Posts by Levictus
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:34 PM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,198 Posts
Oh, now you got my attention, I like pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsa View Post
I
Oh yeah, forgot that one..
One picture is better than 1000 words.. You don't actually have to program the aircraft. just tell the wizard what is your aircraft, how many servos and where, engine or not.. and then the wizard will create the model with all the mixes in the right channels for you and you just need to fine tune it.. Better than a manual?? maybe not.. but cool eeh??
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:36 PM
Joined Jan 2012
18 Posts
A little help

Looking at switching from my DX7 to the 9XR - I really like the spektrum unique model match where each receiver is unique and the transmitter will not operate the receiver if it is not for the correct model.

Do I loose that feature depending on which module I pick??

Thanks in advance
fasterpastor is offline Find More Posts by fasterpastor
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:38 PM
United States, CA, Rio Vista
Joined Feb 2012
908 Posts
Quote:
+1. I loaded up eepe before I bought a radio. It was so cool that I then decided to try the radio....found it more powerful than my JR 9393 and havent looked back. Now trying to learn open9x,which is so powerful it's scary!
OldDmbThms is online now Find More Posts by OldDmbThms
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:44 PM
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
ok say you make 3 models in the templates and save them....can you now load those to the transmitter? if so how?
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:49 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2006
538 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasterpastor View Post
A little help

Looking at switching from my DX7 to the 9XR - I really like the spektrum unique model match where each receiver is unique and the transmitter will not operate the receiver if it is not for the correct model.

Thanks in advance
Yes you do loose the model match -- once bound to a receiver all your models will work on the same receiver its up to you to be diligent in selecting the correct model before operation.
helichoper is offline Find More Posts by helichoper
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:50 PM
Rockledge, Florida
Joined Feb 2002
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curins View Post
32 in-stock now!
Make that 31, I snagged one of them.
Steve Wachowski is online now Find More Posts by Steve Wachowski
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:53 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
5,950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
I found that those people who say "It's easy" are usually the worst teachers/educators and they say that because they have gone through the process and now have the experience.
yes. i see that specially applies to some of the er9x core group. the saying is "misery loves company". what this means is if you are going down why not drag a few of your best friends along for the ride. a few in the 9x firmware thread pretty much came out and said its better to make it hard because it was hard to write and, anyway, thats how you teach noobs a lesson: life aint no bowl of cherries. lol!

apparently the theory is that flexible and powerful software must also be complex and have steep learning by its very nature. only limited software is easy to use. this is baloney. a little refresher course in ergonomics and behavioral psychology will show its rarely true.

imo er9x developers could have chosen better default settings and slightly different menus or labels to make things a whole lot easier. for example note that the stock firmware runs as basic 8ch tx right out of the box. er9x requires several calibration and other steps before it will even turn a servo properly and even then your lucky to get 4ch working. most of this could be avoided with little penalty in code space or effort. but i also think they like the attention from all those people coming for help.
dave1993 is online now Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:59 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2006
538 Posts
Quote:
ok say you make 3 models in the templates and save them....can you now load those to the transmitter? if so how?
You need a programer and driver for the programer installed and working and connected --make your model temple and set your preferences and click write eeprom to TX tab and it will be flashed to your radio --some reading here

http://9xforums.com/wiki/index.php/F...t_1_-_Hardware
Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:00 PM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsa View Post
I
Oh yeah, forgot that one..
One picture is better than 1000 words.. You don't actually have to program the aircraft. just tell the wizard what is your aircraft, how many servos and where, engine or not.. and then the wizard will create the model with all the mixes in the right channels for you and you just need to fine tune it.. Better than a manual?? maybe not.. but cool eeh??
Wow, that looks flippin awesome! What software version does it work with??

Steve.....They were all gone when I checked about half hour ago.
kenstogie is offline Find More Posts by kenstogie
Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:05 PM
Joined Jan 2013
11 Posts
Thanks to the creators and members of this site. An overwhelming amount of information to take in for a guy that hasn't flown in nearly 20 years. Sorry for the newb question but... I ordered this (9XR) TX today and want to know what module or modules would be best for me. I plan on doing both FPV (maybe long range some day but down the road a bit...) and park flyers. Also any good place in the US that have said modules in stock? TIA for any help.
spoinkster is offline Find More Posts by spoinkster
Last edited by spoinkster; Jan 28, 2013 at 07:11 PM.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:08 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2006
538 Posts
[QUOTE=kenstogie;23962631]Wow, that looks flippin awesome! What software version does it work with??

That would be Companion 9X
Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:08 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasterpastor View Post
A little help

Thanks in advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by helichoper View Post
Yes you do loose the model match -- once bound to a receiver all your models will work on the same receiver its up to you to be diligent in selecting the correct model before operation.
You can still have model match, but only if you harvest the RF module from a DX4e (or similar).
You will also need a voltage regulator, but you can also get that from the DX4e.

These instructions are for the 9X, but something similar should be possible with the 9XR.

http://www.hacksmods.com/2012/07/hp6...dule-wired-up/
pmackenzie is offline Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:18 PM
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoinkster View Post
Thanks to the creators and members of this site. An overwhelming amount of information to take in for a guy that hasn't flown in nearly 20 years. Sorry for the newb question but... I ordered this (9XR) TX today and want to know what module or modules would be best for me. I plan on doing both FPV (maybe long range some day but down the road a bit...) and park flyers. Also any good place in the US that have said modules in stock? TIA for any help.
frsky is know for long range not flysky make sure its frsky dont know any module dealers here sorry