HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 22, 2013, 05:12 AM
Chipping Norton, UK
Joined Jul 2006
393 Posts
To swap the modes from 1 to 2 could you not just swap over the whole assembly rather than dismantle each gimbal assembly?
Graham 65 is offline Find More Posts by Graham 65
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2013, 05:24 AM
Joined Jul 2005
258 Posts
Sadly it is not possible to switch mode by simply switching gimbals.
The wires from the pots are exactly as long as they need to be. If you switch gimbals, the potentiometers with the shortest leads will not have enough wire length to connect to the contacts.
Switching potentiometers is more complicated than switching the other parts since you need to pull the gimbals completely apart.
dvogonen is online now Find More Posts by dvogonen
Old Jan 22, 2013, 05:47 AM
Chipping Norton, UK
Joined Jul 2006
393 Posts
I see, that makes sense.

Excellent video by the way, very clear.
Graham 65 is offline Find More Posts by Graham 65
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:48 AM
Lets make it remote control!!!
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
good video....if it werent for these explanations id never learn lol
abletowinginc is offline Find More Posts by abletowinginc
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:46 AM
Germany, BW, Freiburg
Joined Jan 2013
37 Posts
Hi @all,
has someone found out how we can connect the Frsky DJT tu the Internal Antenna? Someone said this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1505464646...84.m1439.l2648 is required to connect both things but does it actually work?
Sandesh
Sansha999 is online now Find More Posts by Sansha999
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:00 AM
Radio? Screwdriver!
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Aug 2011
991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansha999 View Post
Hi @all,
has someone found out how we can connect the Frsky DJT tu the Internal Antenna? Someone said this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1505464646...84.m1439.l2648 is required to connect both things but does it actually work?
Sandesh
You could use something like this: FrSky 40CM Antenna from HobbyKing or it from a superb US retailer here, if you don't like HK.

Then remove the existing antenna in the 9XR, drill a hole through the side of the FrSky module and 9XR module bay and connect it to the connector inside the FrSky module.

With RF you want to use as the least connectors as is possible. Every connector will lead to you loosing a bit of signal and also another failure point in the system. Also its cheaper to use a single connector wire.

If you went with the lead you suggested, you'd have to find a way of fitting in the FrSky module. If you take the lid off it, you'll find that the PCB is in the way of where the connector would connect.

Si.
SimonChambers is offline Find More Posts by SimonChambers
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:55 AM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,954 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planex View Post
Anyone have any idea when Hobbyking will be getting more of the mode 2 9xr radios in stock?
Is it worth ordering it on back order you think?
Or just wait until new stock arrives?
If you don't accept back order, you may wait a long time. Often when the demand for the 9x was a its height, there would be more back orders than radio shipments, so only people with them back ordered ever got one. Or the radios would be become available but be sold out again within a few hours. To some extent, the same is happening with the 9XR.

I don't understand why people are reluctant to accept back order status.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:10 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jun 2007
493 Posts
New to programming

I am a newbie, I have never used a programmable radio before. So I am sorry if this question is frustrating for some....

How do I set-up this radio, with an rx, to use dual elevator and/or dual aileron controls?

I have only used Spektrum equipment before and I wanted to use FrSky reliability, but I miss the little sketches of the servo set-up for things like elevons, and 2 servos for ailerons etc.

I know on Spektrum, for dual ailerons, I use the Aileron and Aux channel on the rx.

Thanks!
Simon
sihinch is offline Find More Posts by sihinch
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:28 AM
Joined Jul 2005
258 Posts
Go to the page for mixes.
You have a channel list on the page.
You can assign any input to any channel, no limitation.
To e.g. Set up dual aileron for channel 2 and 3 you simply select AIL as input for both channels.
When you get the hang of it you will find that it is very easy to quickly set up even the most complicated model.

My recommendation is to always use the same channel for throttle. If you are using DSM you should use channel 1, since their receiver failsafe assumes that this is the case.
If you use Futaba or FlySky you should use channel 3, since their receivers are assuming this to be the throttle channel.
For FrSky it does not matter which channel you select since their fail safe is programmable for all channels.

Which channels you use for everything else is entirely up to you. There is no difference.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:01 AM
Canada, QC, Saint-CÚsaire
Joined Jan 2013
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sihinch View Post
I am a newbie, I have never used a programmable radio before. So I am sorry if this question is frustrating for some....

How do I set-up this radio, with an rx, to use dual elevator and/or dual aileron controls?

I have only used Spektrum equipment before and I wanted to use FrSky reliability, but I miss the little sketches of the servo set-up for things like elevons, and 2 servos for ailerons etc.

I know on Spektrum, for dual ailerons, I use the Aileron and Aux channel on the rx.

Thanks!
Simon
If you want more help about programming mixing, you can find a tutorial at this page: http://eastbay-rc.blogspot.ca/2012/1...r-turnigy.html
martinlmtl is offline Find More Posts by martinlmtl
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:03 AM
United States, MO
Joined Dec 2012
149 Posts
Too Late, I already ordered the:

FrSky DJT 2.4Ghz Combo Pack for JR w/ Telemetry Module & V8FR-II RX

Will this RF Mod work on my 9xr??
Fastmetal is offline Find More Posts by Fastmetal
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:23 AM
Joined Jul 2005
258 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastmetal View Post

Yes
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:27 AM
Lets make it remote control!!!
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastmetal View Post

if that is the one i think it is.that is a direct plug and play
abletowinginc is offline Find More Posts by abletowinginc
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:23 AM
KlonWarz
Joined Dec 2012
455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathWarmedUp View Post
WOW Scott!!

Don't know if I'm impressed or just plain scared - hehe
wow
wow

double ++

REALLY impressive work, scott!
rusty case is offline Find More Posts by rusty case
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:55 AM
Gone Flying
United States, IN, Covington
Joined Dec 2012
806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchtr3a View Post
I got a FlySky module from EBAY out of China. It is probably not genuine FlySky.($20 with free shpg) The height of the pins was OK. The socket for the pins needed to be moved to the right (closer to the case wall) about 2 mm in order align correctly and snap into place. The Orange DSM2 fit like a glove, so it wasn't the 9XR, it was the knockoff FlySky module.
I had to open it up and shave the board the 2mm, put the case in, plug in the board to the pins, hot glue the board in position, and put the module back together. Now it fits and snaps into place.
bingo. that is exactly what I had to do.
TechJunkieRC is offline Find More Posts by TechJunkieRC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Beaver Skis