SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:51 AM
United States, MO
Joined Dec 2012
149 Posts
9XR Battery ?

My 9XR is inbound from HK. Probably should have noticed this earlier, but it looks like they have a specific 1C battery that they recommend. Having been trolling this group for about 2 hours and cant find the answer.

Can I use my Turnigy 2200mAh 3S 30C Lipo Pack in the 9XR?

Thanks.
Fastmetal is offline Find More Posts by Fastmetal
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:54 AM
United States, MO
Joined Dec 2012
149 Posts
9XR Module ?

Finally, can I use my
FrSky DJT 2.4Ghz Combo Pack for JR w/ Telemetry Module & V8FR-II RX in my 9XR?

Thanks.
Fastmetal is offline Find More Posts by Fastmetal
Old Jan 22, 2013, 01:01 AM
Mark Harrison
USA, CA, Piedmont
Joined Jun 2010
2,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planex View Post
Anyone have any idea when Hobbyking will be getting more of the mode 2 9xr radios in stock?
Is it worth ordering it on back order you think?
Or just wait until new stock arrives?
If you wait for the new stock to arrive, there's a good chance it will sell out before you can get your order in.

When the 9x's were so hard to come by, I put one on backorder, and as soon as it came in stock they shipped it out. Based on my experience, I would say put it on backorder if you don't mind the unknown wait time.
marhar is offline Find More Posts by marhar
Old Jan 22, 2013, 01:02 AM
Mark Harrison
USA, CA, Piedmont
Joined Jun 2010
2,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastmetal View Post
My 9XR is inbound from HK. Probably should have noticed this earlier, but it looks like they have a specific 1C battery that they recommend. Having been trolling this group for about 2 hours and cant find the answer.

Can I use my Turnigy 2200mAh 3S 30C Lipo Pack in the 9XR?

Thanks.
Yes, that should be no problem.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 01:04 AM
|Taranis|>|All other Tx's|
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
6,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathWarmedUp View Post
WOW Scott!!

Don't know if I'm impressed or just plain scared - hehe
It does look like the aftermath of a scene of Men in Black.

I'm pleased with the nearly finished product - when they were still in the paint booth I was not so happy -- but once the switches and gimbals were in place they really came to life. I still need to make custom labels and screen cover. I'm using Lexan and printable vinyl for this. Laser cutting the lexan for the new cover and hope to laser cut the vinyl as well -- but I need to do some tests on the material. I'll likely do something similar but different with the 9XR. With all that reflective face plate I'm thinking of a red, white, and blue case with the reflective silver to set it off. Right now, and for the foreseeable future I'm only using the 9XR for indoor B&F. I'm not too keen on putting a 1/5 or 1/4 scale bird at the mercy of those mushy buttons or rocking plugs. Trainer, sure. Bind and Fly indoors. No problem. 200 kph hotliner - not a chance.
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 22, 2013, 02:00 AM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,597 Posts
Throttle Hold question

I've setup throttle hold firstly by doing it as per the end of the Open9X manual (similar to ER9X for this function). Then by using the sticky throttle cut template. The problem with both options is throttle hold is then the reverse of what Ive been used to on Spektrum for several years. On the DX6i all switches up or back to switch on (same as 9XR) without an switch alert and with throttle hold switch in that back position, throttle is in the disarmed position; so to get throttle you need to flick the switch before moving throttle.

On the 9XR (and I guess the 9X), its reversed. So with default switch positions the throtttle is armed and you need to remember to flip the throttle hold switch beforehand. Whilst I love the sticky function whereby flicking the switch when throttle stick is not closed wont suddenly turn on the engine, I would like to reverse the switch logic to what I am used to and what I think is safer. ie Throttle hold switch back should disarm throttle (ie set to -100).

If there is a reason for the Open9X and ER9X to be like this please explain! If there is a way to reverse the throttle hold switch (without reversing throttle channel!) please let me know!
ChrisJ800 is offline Find More Posts by ChrisJ800
Old Jan 22, 2013, 02:13 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page View Post
I've not any plans for my 9XR yet --- pimping wise... but I ordered orange and green nuts for these two TX
That photo is in the paint booth, once they got a zillion coats of gloss and the components on them I really like them. Green one was dubbed alien goo, and red/yellow one was dubbed bloodshed . Bloodshed has sky9x board with speach and the works -- Alien goo has smartieparts and TelemetrEZ.
Thinking to add an Easter Egg code in X9D software, when she detects a dress too provocative, to stop working
Because, this is your next victim, right ?
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Jan 22, 2013, 02:17 AM
Total Newbie
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Dec 2012
477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marhar View Post
Yes, that should be no problem.
I also wanted to ask that question
Would a 20C 2200 be a 'safe' option without any bad effects on the transmitter in the long term?

I believe instead of using a LiFe which can't be used elsewhere,I'd rather get a 20C for like 5$ which I can also cycle in my aircrafts
Is that a good idea?
jkishan16 is offline Find More Posts by jkishan16
Old Jan 22, 2013, 02:23 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,996 Posts
fastmetal, marhar and others, using high C (propulsion) packs for transmitters is safe if you know how to:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...s#post23611963
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Jan 22, 2013, 02:23 AM
Joined Jul 2005
258 Posts
There have been a lot of talk about the possibility to switch between stick mode 1 and 2. It has been claimed that this requires cutting wires and resoldering them. This is however not the case. Neither do you need to strip down the gimbal assemblies completely and rebuild them.
A had a look at the gimbals and made a video that describes in detail the easiest way how to change between stick mode 1 and 2.
It is a bit more complicated than on a 9x, but certainly doable for almost anyone:
Turnigy 9XR - How to change stick mode (14 min 33 sec)
dvogonen is online now Find More Posts by dvogonen
Old Jan 22, 2013, 02:31 AM
kha
openLRSng haxor
Finland, Espoo
Joined Mar 2011
1,965 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ800 View Post
On the 9XR (and I guess the 9X), its reversed. So with default switch positions the throtttle is armed and you need to remember to flip the throttle hold switch beforehand. Whilst I love the sticky function whereby flicking the switch when throttle stick is not closed wont suddenly turn on the engine, I would like to reverse the switch logic to what I am used to and what I think is safer. ie Throttle hold switch back should disarm throttle (ie set to -100).
You can have following on the mix for throttle channel to achieve this.

Code:
CHx  100% THR
   R-100% FULL !THR
The latter line is (in EDITMIX)
Code:
Source FULL
Weight -100
Switch !THR
Multpx Replace
[/CODE]
kha is online now Find More Posts by kha
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 22, 2013, 02:38 AM
Mark Harrison
USA, CA, Piedmont
Joined Jun 2010
2,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkishan16 View Post
I also wanted to ask that question
Would a 20C 2200 be a 'safe' option without any bad effects on the transmitter in the long term?

I believe instead of using a LiFe which can't be used elsewhere,I'd rather get a 20C for like 5$ which I can also cycle in my aircrafts
Is that a good idea?
Yes, I use a 500 mAh 3S in mine... basically I've got a bunch of these I fly with, and one goes in the radio while the others go in the planes.

It's safe in the sense that no bad effects from the voltage, amperage will affect the radio. Of course, all safety rules for LiPo batteries apply, charge appropriately, etc.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 02:39 AM
Mark Harrison
USA, CA, Piedmont
Joined Jun 2010
2,264 Posts
Quote:
I've setup throttle hold firstly by doing it as per the end of the Open9X manual (similar to ER9X for this function). Then by using the sticky throttle cut template. The problem with both options is throttle hold is then the reverse of what Ive been used to on Spektrum for several years. On the DX6i all switches up or back to switch on (same as 9XR) without an switch alert and with throttle hold switch in that back position, throttle is in the disarmed position; so to get throttle you need to flick the switch before moving throttle.

If there is a reason for the Open9X and ER9X to be like this please explain! If there is a way to reverse the throttle hold switch (without reversing throttle channel!) please let me know!
Here's a tutorial that does just that:

http://eastbay-rc.blogspot.com/2012/...r-turnigy.html
Old Jan 22, 2013, 02:55 AM
Mark Harrison
USA, CA, Piedmont
Joined Jun 2010
2,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvogonen View Post
There have been a lot of talk about the possibility to switch between stick mode 1 and 2. It has been claimed that this requires cutting wires and resoldering them. This is however not the case. Neither do you need to strip down the gimbal assemblies completely and rebuild them.
A had a look at the gimbals and made a video that describes in detail the easiest way how to change between stick mode 1 and 2.
It is a bit more complicated than on a 9x, but certainly doable for almost anyone:
http://youtu.be/3oic2bccuaY
Brilliant!
Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:04 AM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,597 Posts
Quote:

Ok worked it out. I needed to mix to switch !THR instead of THR and this seems to reverse the switch sense. Open9X manual doesnt seem to explain this but the 2 pos switches now have an exclamation mark option too!

So Im happy as got throttle hold the same as on my DX6i now
ChrisJ800 is offline Find More Posts by ChrisJ800