HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:45 PM
Australia, QLD, Beaudesert
Joined Jul 2008
554 Posts
OK thanks for that info, I only got mine on Friday and have not had a chance to try it out much or read threads, I am married, and had to go flying as well!!
I take it from what you posted that I do not at this point need to load any other firmware to get it to work with spectrum, is that correct?
Thank you pmullen503
Neal
neale is offline Find More Posts by neale
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:55 PM
United States, WI, Fond du Lac
Joined Sep 2008
1,680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neale View Post
OK thanks for that info, I only got mine on Friday and have not had a chance to try it out much or read threads, I am married, and had to go flying as well!!
I take it from what you posted that I do not at this point need to load any other firmware to get it to work with spectrum, is that correct?
Thank you pmullen503
Neal
I'm pretty sure that is correct. I run a much newer version of the firmware but channel order should be on the first setup screen. You should not have to get into the mixer to change default channel order.

You really should change the order rather than just plugging the servos and ESC into different slots. Spektrum failsafe brings the throttle channel to zero in the event of signal loss and either holds last position or bind position depending on model of receiver. You wouldn't want to hold throttle and go to zero on one of your flight surfaces!
pmullen503 is offline Find More Posts by pmullen503
Last edited by pmullen503; Jan 20, 2013 at 07:05 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:27 PM
United States, CA, Rio Vista
Joined Feb 2012
912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neale View Post
Thank you pmullen503
Neal
If I were you I would upgrade the firmware....I did. The new vision has a few more features and a LOT less bugs. But not required?
OldDmbThms is offline Find More Posts by OldDmbThms
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:54 PM
Australia, QLD, Beaudesert
Joined Jul 2008
554 Posts
Thanks a lot for the info, I shall chase up what I need to do the upgrade and do it, but will need to wait for cable etc, so in meantime I will get some time in checking it out , and ho I dont want a flight surface going full travel on failsafe!!!
Neal
neale is offline Find More Posts by neale
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:44 PM
You can't take the sky from me
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
5,866 Posts
Bling that thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by WimH View Post
Unfortunately the "tool" is not available separately, but this worked for me...:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...l-Red-8-JR-12X
These colored switch nuts look really cool. What I'm wondering is if they have different diameters or different threads for all the different brands and models they have them for. If so, which would fit the 9x because I think I need some.
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:29 PM
Mark Harrison
USA, CA, Piedmont
Joined Jun 2010
2,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDmbThms View Post
If I were you I would upgrade the firmware....I did. The new vision has a few more features and a LOT less bugs. But not required?
Not required, but definitely recommended (at least by me!)

No major bugs, but it's good to get eepe (the PC software) and er9x versions synced. Then you can upgrade the firmware as the spirit moves you, and you'll be staying in sync with the lastest versions.

And eepe is great... you can back up your models to your PC, edit models on your PC, etc. It's really nice.

(and by PC, I mean "and linux and mac"!)
marhar is offline Find More Posts by marhar
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:35 PM
Goneflying
Joined Jun 2010
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marhar View Post
It's good advice for no-name vendors that you might have trouble returning things to, but definitely not for HK these days.

There's a 7-day return policy, and a longer warranty return policy on all items. You can return to their US shipping address.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimeTraveler View Post
The problem is , that this post started as a warning !
A warning to save your money that you want to spend on sending back your 9XR
WITH cracks or WITHOUT crack or cosmetic scars or what ever you want to call it for a warranty claim.
You will get nothing from Hobbyking , that was the original message ,

Only it's bin abused by guy's like "highflydreamer" and others to make one look like a troll ,only to hide they are " paid trolls" them selves .

As soon you say something negative about HobbyKing ,the real trolls come to the surface and the rest of the pack follows ,but hey the most are not smarter than that .
Hmm....seems to be two totally opposite views. Wonder which one im going to believe. The one with over 1,000 posts who's helped untold numbers of people or the guy with 17 posts who comes on here just to moan about how you shouldnt buy from hk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimeTraveler View Post
This is what I am talking about !
HobbyKing_Admin

Topic: Online Promotion Staff Needed

Do you want to get paid for promoting HobbyKing products in forums and other online mediums?

Send your letter of interest, outlining your skills and history in R/C to hr@hextronik.com

*Remuneration from $100/month up for the right candidates.

I did not know about this but thx for pointing it out. Hey hobbyking if you are reading this send me a pm. Maybe we can do buisiness, bwaahahaha!!!!

Ok im done with this & you will never hear me say another word on this. You may have the last word sir timetraveler
Masterofbizaster is offline Find More Posts by Masterofbizaster
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:37 AM
Mark Harrison
USA, CA, Piedmont
Joined Jun 2010
2,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abletowinginc View Post
if it werent for these forums the hobby would not be as enjoyable as it is for me.
That's true for me too. I think my first questions were on the line "how do I screw the propeller thing onto the motor?" and people were giving me great advice within 20-30 minutes of asking.

I've learned a lot from just this thread as well. We have some really talented engineers breaking down these units and explaining a lot of things I didn't know much about. Sometimes they seem a bit crusty, but most of the really good engineers I know personally are just like that.

Thanks Guys! :-)
marhar is offline Find More Posts by marhar
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:40 AM
You can't take the sky from me
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
5,866 Posts
How to deal with Trolls, whiners, and general pain in the ....

For those that don't know, RCG has a great way to limit your exposure to those who seem to pull your chain. Click on the My RCGroups button in the top left. Then look for the "Edit my ignore list" and enter the handle of the person or persons that you just can't stomach any more.
It makes RCG much more pleasant.

scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:00 AM
Total Newbie
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Dec 2012
470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marhar View Post
Not required, but definitely recommended (at least by me!)

No major bugs, but it's good to get eepe (the PC software) and er9x versions synced. Then you can upgrade the firmware as the spirit moves you, and you'll be staying in sync with the lastest versions.

And eepe is great... you can back up your models to your PC, edit models on your PC, etc. It's really nice.

(and by PC, I mean "and linux and mac"!)
Wait...so I CAN'T save and edit models using windows7/8?
Cuz that would really suck :/
Oh,and could someone please link me to a post/site where the difference between versions of firmware is explained in simple English :P
Tried 9x forums,but just soo many threads to read,tried breaking it down,still unsuccessful,I just want to know the differences between er9x and open9x and also between eePe and Companion9X

9x forums is really 'difficult' for me to keep up with and this is the only thread on RCG that I actually like

Sorry for all the trouble,but thanks for all the effort

EDIT: Just read the part that said "PC I mean "AND linux AND mac"
Missed the first AND when reading so got a bit confused :P
Sorry for that :P
jkishan16 is offline Find More Posts by jkishan16
Last edited by jkishan16; Jan 21, 2013 at 04:50 AM.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:06 AM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkishan16 View Post
Oh,and could someone please link me to a post/site where the difference between versions of firmware is explained in simple English :P
Tried 9x forums,but just solo many threads to read,tried breaking it down,still unsuccessful,I just want to know the differences between er9x and open9x and also between eePe and Companion9X

9x forums is really 'difficult' for me to keep up with and this is the only thread on RCG that I actually like

I think Windows 7 is fine, just he also included Linux and Mac. I guess Windows 8 is OK though why would anyone be using that

Here is a link re firmwares: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1650012
ChrisJ800 is online now Find More Posts by ChrisJ800
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:06 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Oct 2011
253 Posts
Quote:
Tried 9x forums,but just solo many threads to read,tried breaking it down,still unsuccessful,I just want to know the differences between er9x and open9x and also between eePe and Companion9X

No, by PC he means Windows (Vista/7/8) and Mac (probably only latest) and Linux (version? do you mean distro?)
molond is offline Find More Posts by molond
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:00 AM
Total Newbie
Joined Dec 2012
470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ800 View Post
I think Windows 7 is fine, just he also included Linux and Mac. I guess Windows 8 is OK though why would anyone be using that

Here is a link re firmwares: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1650012
Sorry for going off topic...but,

Say what may,I use windows 8 Pro and absolutely LOVE it
The simplicity,connectivity and fluidity is amazing,once you get the hang of it,it really feels great
Give it a genuine try once(for regular use and NOT in the electronic shops as sample) and I'm sure you'd feel like Vista and 7 feel 'somewhat' obsolete :P

Thanks for the help and link,totally appreciate and respect your time out for me
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:45 AM
Joined Jul 2005
250 Posts
Quote:
There really isn't much difference between eepe/er9x and companion9x/open9x.
The later pair was broken out from the earlier and the basic functions are identical. Open9x is more configurable since the specific firmware you want is built for you, while er9x is built in a few different configurations.
But either will do just fine to start out with. Switching over is easy since the softwares look and behave (almost) the same.
dvogonen is online now Find More Posts by dvogonen
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:53 AM
Total Newbie
Joined Dec 2012
470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvogonen View Post
There really isn't much difference between eepe/er9x and companion9x/open9x.
The later pair was broken out from the earlier and the basic functions are identical. Open9x is more configurable since the specific firmware you want is built for you, while er9x is built in a few different configurations.
But either will do just fine to start out with. Switching over is easy since the softwares look and behave (almost) the same.
Thank you for that explanation sir,and I mean 'soo' not 'solo' many threads,iPad autocorrect :P
So I guess open9X would be a better option as my next transmitter,X9D (hopefully) supports open9x more than er9x

Thanks a ton guys