HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 19, 2013, 04:21 PM
FPV Crash Dummy
United States, CT, Bloomfield
Joined Aug 2007
402 Posts
While we are at it can we ask Bruce where he is at on that Turbine review?
igorp is offline Find More Posts by igorp
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2013, 04:27 PM
United States, CA, San Marcos
Joined Jul 2012
267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorp View Post
While we are at it can we ask Bruce where he is at on that Turbine review?
It's probably dead. He's probably getting another one because it blew up or something. That was a prototype anyway!
pilotavery is offline Find More Posts by pilotavery
Old Jan 19, 2013, 04:28 PM
Lets make it remote control!!!
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchtr3a View Post
Art Tech doesn't make Fly Sky, but if you buy an Art Tech plane from some places as a RTF they come with Fly Sky TX and RX. My Spitfire from ParkFlyers did. Fly Sky produces the TH9X which is the rebranded Turnigy 9X, Imax, and Eurgle TX's. If a post I read on another forum is correct, they are making the 9XR exclusively for HK.
never said art tech sold flysky just said they come with art techs products
abletowinginc is offline Find More Posts by abletowinginc
Old Jan 19, 2013, 04:31 PM
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tignmeg View Post
mmmm I'll have to keep my mind out of the gutter. I kept thinking, "Yep we've all got one of those"
or 2 depending on ur sex lmao
Old Jan 19, 2013, 04:34 PM
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsa View Post
well, you know that some of these radios are going to have issues at the price they sell for..
And that applies to everything that HK and other chinese shops sell.. there are issues with many of the 9x radios also.
If he doesn't want to buy from HK anymore because their costumer service s***s, and we know it is true, and express his feelings here, that doesn't make him a troll..
Not everybody thinks the same way that we do.
And if he is saying that his radio case is really cracked, I DO BELIEVE HIM.
But I'm not going to stop buying from HK because of that. when I put stuff in my shopping cart, I know that there is a good chance that the product is damaged and not working.. I just hope for the best.. I try to read as many product reviews as I can before ordering something..
fully agree
Old Jan 19, 2013, 06:46 PM
gold coast
Joined Jan 2010
135 Posts
As the old saying goes: you get what you pay for..

And even then it can be hit and miss..
I'm a lucky one and got a good radio and for the $80 bucks I payed I think it works damn well..
If it has a few "cosmetic" flaws or the gimbals need a bit of grease so what.

It's common to have issues with first batch items no matter what the product, so IMO if you want a more polished product you should hold back for 2nd or 3rd generation products when some of the bugs have been ironed out and there's more than enough info on this and other forums to enlighten you to 1st batch issues..

Have a fantastic day boys and girls, I'm off to fly with my 9xr have a beer and a BBQ..

fantomphish is offline Find More Posts by fantomphish
Old Jan 19, 2013, 06:54 PM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,629 Posts
Yep a nice 25 degrees C and light wind here today so am off for a fly with my 9XR.
ChrisJ800 is online now Find More Posts by ChrisJ800
Old Jan 19, 2013, 07:40 PM
Mark Harrison
USA, CA, Piedmont
Joined Jun 2010
2,268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimeTraveler View Post
If you can look in to the crack and see the light that you hold on the inside of the TX
than yes, I have a crack ,and that's what it is .
I can not call that a minor cosmetic issue !
And I am not happy with that at all ,but you don't bother about that apparently ,
Perhaps you can post a picture? All of them have the mold irregularity thing (forgot what it's called!), and some people early on were calling those a crack.

It's quite possible you've got something that's different, and it would be useful to see it.
marhar is online now Find More Posts by marhar
Old Jan 19, 2013, 07:51 PM
Mark Harrison
USA, CA, Piedmont
Joined Jun 2010
2,268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsa View Post
well, you know that some of these radios are going to have issues at the price they sell for..
And that applies to everything that HK and other chinese shops sell.. there are issues with many of the 9x radios also.
If he doesn't want to buy from HK anymore because their costumer service s***s, and we know it is true, and express his feelings here, that doesn't make him a troll..
Not everybody thinks the same way that we do.
And if he is saying that his radio case is really cracked, I DO BELIEVE HIM.
But I'm not going to stop buying from HK because of that. when I put stuff in my shopping cart, I know that there is a good chance that the product is damaged and not working.. I just hope for the best.. I try to read as many product reviews as I can before ordering something..
I've always wondered about reselling something like the 9x (and now 9xr)...

One of the chief complaints about the 9x is that they would come in a bad state... cracked gimbal pot (which happened to me), loose wire on a switch, etc.

But if you got a 9x that didn't have an obvious build defect up front, you were most likely going to have a radio that worked fine.

So, if somebody were to buy a batch of radios, and then perform the necessary QA, returning the bad ones for replacement and only selling the ones that were working... I'm not talking about modding, etc, just binding them to a test Rx, making sure the sticks worked, the case was fine, the backlight turned on, etc.

would that be a feasible business model? Do you think people would pay extra for such a service? How much extra?

Or is it the case we're all such cheapskates that it would be nothing but the aggravation of people complaining on RCG about your terrible prices?
marhar is online now Find More Posts by marhar
Old Jan 19, 2013, 08:47 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2010
1,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marhar View Post
Or is it the case we're all such cheapskates that it would be nothing but the aggravation of people complaining on RCG about your terrible prices?
That pretty much sums it up.
KKUSA is offline Find More Posts by KKUSA
Old Jan 19, 2013, 08:52 PM
If it has wings it will fly...
United Kingdom, England, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2011
1,536 Posts
price is the driver, people want it cheap but then complain if they stick it in a freezer and buttons are sticky..... or it has cosmetic imprefections - its supposed to hold a board and a few switches, this is not a car bumper or anything that would require a massive structual strength so... yea bad luck it looks shite but thats how they keep costs low, sell cheap as possible, customers buy with hope they dont buy a lemmon but forget that they buy a $50 tx.

re reselling if you have the free cash then its just a matter of waiting who would be willing to pay more or wait for months of back order....

looking from experience... at the moment its the later
ckleanth is offline Find More Posts by ckleanth
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:56 PM
I can quit anytime I want.
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2012
8 Posts
I hate to steer this away from quality control issues but does anyone have a link to a tool that makes removal of the top switches easier? They have a slotted round (smooth) nut holding them in place and I don't seem to have anything capable of liberating them from the case.
sdgeek is offline Find More Posts by sdgeek
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:19 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2010
1,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdgeek View Post
I hate to steer this away from quality control issues but does anyone have a link to a tool that makes removal of the top switches easier? They have a slotted round (smooth) nut holding them in place and I don't seem to have anything capable of liberating them from the case.
There are special sockets for them. Just use a decent fitting flat head screwdriver in one of the slots. It works just fine.
KKUSA is offline Find More Posts by KKUSA
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:21 PM
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdgeek View Post
just take a small screwdriver and tap it with a samll hammer then u can turn by hand its easy. lefty loosey rightey tighty remeber that
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:28 PM
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKUSA View Post
There are special sockets for them. Just use a decent fitting flat head screwdriver in one of the slots. It works just fine.
your way works too,,,, im too much redneck hammer and duct tape fix anything