HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 18, 2013, 02:02 PM
United States, VA, New Market
Joined Jan 2013
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by molond View Post
It could be because the jacks (between the DX5e and 6i) don't like each other. To get a DX5e to be trained by a DX6i a friend of mine had to make the 5e end of the cable mono while the DX6i stereo (or vice versa, really can't remember).

I don't know why this happens though.
The 5e talks fine to the 6i, and the 6i talks to the 9XR. It's just my training radio (the 5e) doesn't want to talk to the 9XR.

I will try some mono / stereo adaptors.

Thanks!
bobalexander is online now Find More Posts by bobalexander
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2013, 02:08 PM
Warbird Fanatic
United States, PA, Coraopolis
Joined Jun 2012
275 Posts
Different issue with FlySky Module

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechJunkieRC View Post
What module are you using that is not fitting? My FlySky module didn't fit properly at first but fits and works great now and it does snap in on each side. Earlier in this post someone mentioned that the pins in the 9XR module bay are longer than those of the 9X. Pretty quick and simply solution for the FlySky module was to open the module, snap the case in place. Push the circuit board firmly onto the pins. Hot glue the module, trim the stand off pins on the cover and reassemble. FlySky module goes in and out fine now with no pressure on the pins and snaps in all the way.
I got a FlySky module from EBAY out of China. It is probably not genuine FlySky.($20 with free shpg) The height of the pins was OK. The socket for the pins needed to be moved to the right (closer to the case wall) about 2 mm in order align correctly and snap into place. The Orange DSM2 fit like a glove, so it wasn't the 9XR, it was the knockoff FlySky module.
I had to open it up and shave the board the 2mm, put the case in, plug in the board to the pins, hot glue the board in position, and put the module back together. Now it fits and snaps into place.
jchtr3a is offline Find More Posts by jchtr3a
Old Jan 18, 2013, 02:28 PM
Joined Apr 2006
1,278 Posts
i'll be using the square (futaba) plug for the head tracking..
i'd like to use the jr plug (mono/stereo plug) to power my 2.4ghz amp booster.. (sunhan booster) any1 know the pin out (+/-).. i'm assuming it produces 12v also..

barok is online now Find More Posts by barok
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:00 PM
USA, SE Wisconsin
Joined May 2009
2,375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barok View Post
i'd like to use the jr plug (mono/stereo plug) to power my 2.4ghz amp booster.. (sunhan booster) any1 know the pin out (+/-).. i'm assuming it produces 12v also..

The JR plug does not supply 12v power. It supplies the PPM signal. You might be able to look at the socket and see if it is a stereo plug and then modify it to provide power on one of the connections.
crucial is offline Find More Posts by crucial
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:09 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2010
1,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abletowinginc View Post
ok got it to work i was not using the companion correctly. i unchecked it and the error continued till i figured out what i was doing wrong now i m back to throttle error even when i calibrate sticks but i read about the problem with not pushing the stick too hard and to go up and down not in circles so ill tiner with it see if i can get it thanks to all that helped
Not only go up/dn etc., but dont push too hard at the extremes, just gently move them to the end points. That goes for any transmitter though, not just the 9XR.

If that doesnt work, then you may have a loose pot on the throttle as I did on the elevator. That would cause this issue as well. A few others said they had loose pots also. Its an easy fix though.
KKUSA is offline Find More Posts by KKUSA
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:12 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barok View Post

You could do what I did, and move the positive wire for the 12V dc jack to a battery positive pad, and plug your amp into the 12V DC "charging" jack. Then it will supply battery power properly. If you will be using the HK specific battery for the 9XR, you will still be able to use it for charging also.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:18 PM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Nov 2009
656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKUSA View Post
Not only go up/dn etc., but dont push too hard at the extremes, just gently move them to the end points. That goes for any transmitter though, not just the 9XR.

If that doesnt work, then you may have a loose pot on the throttle as I did on the elevator. That would cause this issue as well. A few others said they had loose pots also. Its an easy fix though.
How did you fix this issue? I know you said you used some hot glue, but where? Did you cover the pot itself?

I know it may be asking a bit much, but a pic would really help.
xxxcellarator is offline Find More Posts by xxxcellarator
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:23 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxcellarator View Post
How did you fix this issue? I know you said you used some hot glue, but where? Did you cover the pot itself?

I used the hot glue on the PCB>GIMBAL , as well as a bit on the POT>GIMBAL and a bit on the metal plate.

I will be tearing it down tonight or tomorrow to do the rubberized clear paint job. I will get a pic then.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:23 PM
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Mar 2012
137 Posts
Well got my 9XR, none of the major flaws that others have reported, the up arrow does take quite a bit more pressure as others have reported. Fairly happy with it so far.

I immediately flashed it to Open9x based on others recommendations a few pgs back, but had all sorts of problems setting up a buddy box with DX6i spent hours researching it and found incomplete documentation or documentation that showed 12 menus when I had 10. After spending hours researching it and being unsuccessful, I flashed to ER9x and it took me 10min to buddy box it. I also found that ER9x is better documented and menus to be more intuitive.

As a disclaimer, I came from DX6i so this customer firmware is new to me, but for the noob looking for a 6ch controller I would recommed ER9x. Once I have a little more experience I will give Open9x another shot. Just my $.02
Krash n Burn is offline Find More Posts by Krash n Burn
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:27 PM
gold coast
Joined Jan 2010
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCUK View Post
So your module fits and clips in both sides? Also my elevator gimbal sticks but seems to un stick if you wiggle it a bit.

My old 9x has been fantastic and i expected the same from this but its far from the quality of that.

In the bin it goes i think. cant rely on the module not falling out.
Module fits fine, no issue with gimbals or switches, flies planes,heli's and quads fine.. I might get another to attempt the teli mods with
fantomphish is offline Find More Posts by fantomphish
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:38 PM
Joined Apr 2010
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchtr3a View Post
I got a FlySky module from EBAY out of China. It is probably not genuine FlySky.($20 with free shpg)
Hard to believe there's such a thing as fake Flysky. How could they make it cheaper than the real thing?
aesmith is offline Find More Posts by aesmith
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:43 PM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,625 Posts
Im still liking my 9XR after several days use. Have it flying my Blade MQX indoors on Open9X as a test model. Has anyone done a nice antenna guard yet for the OrangeRx module? My plastic punnet protector (pics posted earlier) is doing its job but doesnt look cool!
ChrisJ800 is offline Find More Posts by ChrisJ800
Old Jan 18, 2013, 04:17 PM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Nov 2009
656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKUSA View Post
I used the hot glue on the PCB>GIMBAL , as well as a bit on the POT>GIMBAL and a bit on the metal plate.

I will be tearing it down tonight or tomorrow to do the rubberized clear paint job. I will get a pic then.
Cool, thanks, looking forward to that.

I haven't actually had any issues with mine, but would like to cover all possible scenarios where anything could break in the future and that preventative measures before it happens.
xxxcellarator is offline Find More Posts by xxxcellarator
Old Jan 18, 2013, 05:25 PM
Joined Apr 2006
1,278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crucial View Post
The JR plug does not supply 12v power. It supplies the PPM signal. You might be able to look at the socket and see if it is a stereo plug and then modify it to provide power on one of the connections.
Thanks crucial.. ya ur correct.. jr trainer port is ppm and ground. May go as KKUSA suggestion thru the charge plug....thanks
barok is online now Find More Posts by barok
Old Jan 18, 2013, 05:29 PM
Lets make it remote control!!!
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxcellarator View Post

i disregard
abletowinginc is offline Find More Posts by abletowinginc