HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 18, 2013, 06:50 AM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,961 Posts
You have to look pretty hard to see any lines on mine.

Overall, the radio works fine. My one real complaint is the mushy feel of the buttons, but they are usable.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2013, 06:52 AM
United Kingdom and the USA
Joined Feb 2012
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantomphish View Post
Mines fine, works great.. No problems at all apart from the beer holder not been released yet..
So your module fits and clips in both sides? Also my elevator gimbal sticks but seems to un stick if you wiggle it a bit.

My old 9x has been fantastic and i expected the same from this but its far from the quality of that.

In the bin it goes i think. cant rely on the module not falling out.
RCUK is offline Find More Posts by RCUK
Old Jan 18, 2013, 07:39 AM
Lets make it remote control!!!
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
morning to all....ok flashed my tx when it finishes the tx says throttle not in right positon or whatever. ok when i check radio it all works but the throttle and the aileron dots showing where your sticks are ......are located all the way to the right they move when you move sticks but are way off when at neutral or zero any ideas?
abletowinginc is offline Find More Posts by abletowinginc
Old Jan 18, 2013, 07:45 AM
Warbird Fanatic
United States, PA, Coraopolis
Joined Jun 2012
275 Posts
Usps

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekesh View Post
Guys, I want to ask if any one of you who ordered the 9xr from the first batch using the international parcel to the united states had a problem. Because when I checked the tracking info it tells me the package arrived at the aurora, il post office(where I live) on the 8th but I still haven't recieved it yet.
Call your local PO. Ask them to track it and find out where it is.
jchtr3a is offline Find More Posts by jchtr3a
Last edited by jchtr3a; Jan 18, 2013 at 10:26 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old Jan 18, 2013, 07:48 AM
Canada, QC, Saint-CÚsaire
Joined Jan 2013
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abletowinginc View Post
morning to all....ok flashed my tx when it finishes the tx says throttle not in right positon or whatever. ok when i check radio it all works but the throttle and the aileron dots showing where your sticks are ......are located all the way to the right they move when you move sticks but are way off when at neutral or zero any ideas?
You need to calibrate your sticks and pots after flashing your radio. Go at last screen into radio setup menu and calibrate them. As told earlier, don't force throttle when calibrating if you don't want a warning showing about throttle when powering up your transmitter.
martinlmtl is offline Find More Posts by martinlmtl
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:07 AM
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinlmtl View Post
You need to calibrate your sticks and pots after flashing your radio. Go at last screen into radio setup menu and calibrate them. As told earlier, don't force throttle when calibrating if you don't want a warning showing about throttle when powering up your transmitter.
ok thanks got that now im getting a switch warning but switches are off and if i move them it doesnt change switch warning. the 2 im getting are throttle and aileron.i really appreciate the help this is my first 9xr or any 9x for that matter im really trying to learn it due to all the options it offers i cant use it yet properly and already love it lol yeh im a dork
Last edited by abletowinginc; Jan 18, 2013 at 08:13 AM.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:35 AM
Canada, QC, Saint-CÚsaire
Joined Jan 2013
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abletowinginc View Post
ok thanks got that now im getting a switch warning but switches are off and if i move them it doesnt change switch warning. the 2 im getting are throttle and aileron.i really appreciate the help this is my first 9xr or any 9x for that matter im really trying to learn it due to all the options it offers i cant use it yet properly and already love it lol yeh im a dork
This problem was raised earlier by many. Please read many earlier posts from start of page 277 at post #4142. It should help you how to deal with it.
martinlmtl is offline Find More Posts by martinlmtl
Old Jan 18, 2013, 09:05 AM
United States, VA, New Market
Joined Jan 2013
15 Posts
Anyone have any luck using a DX5e as a trainee? I can use my DX6i as trainee on the trainer ports with the 9XR but the 5e doesn't seem to be seen. If I connect the DX5e to the DX6i it works fine as trainee. Just puzzled as to why the 5e won't communicate to the 9XR.
bobalexander is offline Find More Posts by bobalexander
Old Jan 18, 2013, 09:16 AM
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
im not getting a throttle error now im getting2 switch errors. one is throttle switch other is aileron but i can switch the switches and nothing changes. the other switches are working fine
Old Jan 18, 2013, 09:45 AM
Belgium, Flemish Region, Oosterzele
Joined Dec 2001
5,499 Posts
You probably have the wrong software version/telemetry mod...To use on-screen telemetry you need BOTH the telemetry software and the telemetry hardware mod....
WimH is offline Find More Posts by WimH
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: That elusive thermal...
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:01 AM
Joined Apr 2010
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
Thanks. I just want to try test this one at the moment but it will take me some time. I think I can use it without having telemetry as I see that on there. I'm not sure yet.
Yes you can use either er9x of Open9x without doing the telemetry mods, just don't select the Frsky or Telemetryez versions.

Timers - if you set them to a positive value they count down with an alarm at zero. Set it to zero and it counts up. For example on my little heli I have timer 1 set to 2:45 and TH%, so that counts down but in proportion to how much power I'm using. I have timer 2 set to 0:00 and TH so it counts up all the time that the throttle isn't zero, just for interest to show me total actual flying time.
aesmith is offline Find More Posts by aesmith
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:31 AM
B12
Finland
Joined Sep 2010
583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinlmtl View Post
For calibration people should use up-down, left-right, not circling the sticks to the corners.
B12 is offline Find More Posts by B12
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:52 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Oct 2011
253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobalexander View Post
Anyone have any luck using a DX5e as a trainee? I can use my DX6i as trainee on the trainer ports with the 9XR but the 5e doesn't seem to be seen. If I connect the DX5e to the DX6i it works fine as trainee. Just puzzled as to why the 5e won't communicate to the 9XR.
It could be because the jacks (between the DX5e and 6i) don't like each other. To get a DX5e to be trained by a DX6i a friend of mine had to make the 5e end of the cable mono while the DX6i stereo (or vice versa, really can't remember).

I don't know why this happens though.
molond is offline Find More Posts by molond
Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:09 PM
Joined Aug 2011
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCUK View Post
I received mine today but the module dos'nt fit properly and the exit button sticks!

Crap quality conpared to my 9x.

Very dissapointed.

Are they all crap like this?

Yes they are all from the same junk quality , that's what it is, and they know this
at Junk king ,they are just a ordinary gang of crooks .
In my flying club there are now 6 people with a new 9X-R and we have all the same problems !
I was a Hobbyking customer, but NOT any more !

Anthony Hand you can stick them where the sun never shines !

NO MORE JUNK KING for me !
TheTimeTraveler is offline Find More Posts by TheTimeTraveler
Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:09 PM
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by B12 View Post
For calibration people should use up-down, left-right, not circling the sticks to the corners.
i did that over and over still get a switch error on 2 swithces aileron and throttle but as earlier stated it did rid the throttle error