United States, FL
Joined Feb 2012
1,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkishan16 View Post
You're only 12hours late to report that :P
Take it as a joke,no offense intended

Peace
Haha, I knew when I wrote the post I couldn't be the first to see it.
gooby is offline Find More Posts by gooby
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2013, 09:06 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2010
1,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCB1 View Post
Well, as I'm sure that you are well aware mostly what is being referred to as 9 channels is including mixing. If you aren't familiar with that check with JR, Futaba and Hitec as well as Graupner and Jeti. I'm sure you are familiar with their offerings boasting more than 8 channels.
No, mixing is a separate function and has nothing to do with the number of output channels. With 8 output channels, no matter how much mixing there is, you still only have 8 ch. Most that say >8ch, do indeed output more than 8 channels, however special receivers, or multiple receivers and or Tx modules are required. More accurately, they should be stated as being "ready" for >8ch, with additional equipment. This varies with brands and protocols.
KKUSA is offline Find More Posts by KKUSA
Old Jan 16, 2013, 09:15 PM
United States, CA, San Marcos
Joined Jul 2012
267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovs View Post
Haha, I knew when I wrote the post I couldn't be the first to see it.
Haha I was first

Just so happened to be on HK at the time and I saw an e-mail say they were in stock, and I took a look. Great to sell the 9XR with.
pilotavery is offline Find More Posts by pilotavery
Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:53 PM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,356 Posts
I did some playing with the anylink tonight, you can splice the futaba and JR connectors that the anylink comes with together to get what you need. on the servo connector that plugs into the anylink the two outside pins come from the JR mini jack and then you just need the center wire from the Futaba plug. When you plug in the JR mini jack the radio will automatically turn on and the anylink will activate. The only downside is the on/off switch no longer works since its in trainer mode.

The next question i have is how do i set up the gyro on a switch for my sq1 i cant seem to get it to work.
shadow102 is offline Find More Posts by shadow102
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:30 AM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,963 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow102 View Post
The next question i have is how do i set up the gyro on a switch for my sq1 i cant seem to get it to work.

I assume you want the switch to move a channel from one side of neutral to the other when you flip it?

Ch5 +100% FULL Switch(GEA)

Then to adjust the actual throws use the limits for ch5

(I used ch5 and GEA just as an example. You can use whatever channel or switch you want/need)

If you are used to gyro menus that go 0-50-100 be aware that done this way it would be -100/0/100 to do the same thing.
pmackenzie is online now Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:34 AM
Goneflying
Joined Jun 2010
148 Posts
I bought a used turnigy module & i have a question about the module connector. The solder joint on the 4th pin from the top appears to have solder that has flowed to the edge of the board. It doesnt appear to be touching the 3rd pins solder joint but I want to confirm with you guys that there isnt a problem here. I am aware that the antenna is in the wrong position & this is not my concern Thx for any help

You will probly have to zoom in on the 2nd picture (triple click the picture) to see the problem
Masterofbizaster is offline Find More Posts by Masterofbizaster
Last edited by Masterofbizaster; Jan 17, 2013 at 01:39 AM.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:38 AM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,629 Posts
Here is my first attempt at protecting my OrangeRx antenna Take one small vegetable punnet, cut to size. Features: its frangible, see through (you can see bind LED) flips up easily to remove battery, antenna or even module (though I only have the one module) and its plastic so shouldnt interfere with the RF strength much.

Anyone with better OrangeRx protectors?

ps, patent pending
ChrisJ800 is offline Find More Posts by ChrisJ800
Old Jan 17, 2013, 01:11 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Sep 2007
632 Posts
and dont forget you can still keep your lunch init , maybe not soup though . cheers the pope
the pope is offline Find More Posts by the pope
Old Jan 17, 2013, 02:30 AM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2010
1,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highflydreamer View Post
I bought a used turnigy module & i have a question about the module connector. The solder joint on the 4th pin from the top appears to have solder that has flowed to the edge of the board. It doesnt appear to be touching the 3rd pins solder joint but I want to confirm with you guys that there isnt a problem here. I am aware that the antenna is in the wrong position & this is not my concern Thx for any help

You will probly have to zoom in on the 2nd picture (triple click the picture) to see the problem
You are fine. That is the ground pin, and its soldered to the ground plane.

It looks kind of jacked up though. Somebody modified it, or broke it and fixed it.....or not, did you test it?
KKUSA is offline Find More Posts by KKUSA
Old Jan 17, 2013, 02:49 AM
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,629 Posts
Ive just sorted out the throttle alarm false positive on startup! I recalibrated sticks but when it came to the throttle stick did it by just moving up/down gently then back to middle then left and right rather than going around the edge in a circle. Now throttle is calibrated properly so alarm on start up disappears but more importantly the Timer (THs on Open9X) starts when throttle is moved which wasnt happening when it was badly calibrated.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:23 AM
chicken nuggets
Joined Aug 2011
226 Posts
Potato anti-fog

Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
I just read about that, but thought it was too funny to bother with it. So much nonsense out there that it's hard to believe. I think I have a few around and it's cheap. Nothing to lose there. LOL
It works - used that many years ago when local m/c shop sold out of RainX Ant-Fog. One coat of spud juice lasted for a good 200miles in almost zero degrees.
HeliHaven is offline Find More Posts by HeliHaven
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:34 AM
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,629 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliHaven View Post
It works - used that many years ago when local m/c shop sold out of RainX Ant-Fog. One coat of spud juice lasted for a good 200miles in almost zero degrees.
When I used to ride in damp England I would sometimes have a spare spud in the topbox for demisting the visor. Ive never used Rainx.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:54 AM
Joined Dec 2012
6 Posts
Got the 9xr today. Was worried with all the bad reports around here but coming from a stock turnigy 9x I can say I am very happy. No sticky buttons, no squeeky gimbles all works fine. I do agree though that the soft buttons are not the best but I can live with them no probs and I don't find them as bad as there made out to be. Just trying to get used too menu's that acually make sense lol.
Shake n Bake is offline Find More Posts by Shake n Bake
Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:56 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined May 2011
398 Posts
I got mind a couple of days ago and I must say I'm pretty happy with mine
9XR Hobby King RC Transmitter Unboxing and First Impressions (11 min 18 sec)
bmsweb is offline Find More Posts by bmsweb
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:37 AM
Canada, ON, Mulmur
Joined Dec 2010
260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDmbThms View Post
Skynorth...
Thanks for the find on the switches.
You ought to post this on 9xforums if you haven't.

I would rather buy a skynorth board for the 9xr than try to do the soldering on 17 switches.

Can you give any indications on your thoughts a replacement board yet?
Well , the few changes they actually made to the design screws things up for
the Soft power feature, and the connectors will need to be moved outside the
battery box zone...
The one end on the battery box is removable , and this allows for some more board access area.
HK did this for some reason?

So to do the job properly , I need to re-design the RF - deck as well , to include the telemetry connections on the free RF port pins.
I need to add the connections for the soft power feature and allow the Futaba trainer output , to be used as a secondary LCD display output.

I then also need to re-design the trim switch boards (4) with proper tack switches.

So ...Basically , I would be re-designing the Radio the way it should have been done.in the first place.

I guess the question is do you want to spend $100 to upgrade the radio?

The FRSKY X9D is coming out soon . and will offer the same basic features
out of the box for $$$?

-Brent
SkyNorth is offline Find More Posts by SkyNorth