HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:54 PM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,201 Posts
Yes I have to use the window open a bit, my ac does't work or is not cold anymore, but you are correct the water just stays on there for a very long time so that also doesn't quite work and it's usually very cold so I need something else. I keep the heater on, but still not as effective either. I may try the wax as I do need the water to at least bead down off the rear window. The windshield still gets fogged up though, not condese with too much water like the rear though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckleanth View Post
do you have the air condition unit circulate heated internal air? if so they fog because of you, being the source of water vapour in the car. water vapour condences on the cold glass surface hence the fogging. try either partial opening a window or allow some fresh air in the car through the air condition unit (if possible). re making the water not to stick on glass try turtle wax (other brands are available) and polish the car windows inside and outside. if it rains its more effective (and quite cool I might add) as the water bounces off the glass.
efx is online now Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:55 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,201 Posts
Interesting, I've never heard of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKUSA View Post
A couple drops of baby shampoo in distilled water should do the trick. This is an old paint ball mask recipe that works really well. You can look up paintball anti fog recipe for more ideas.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:57 PM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckleanth View Post
do you have the air condition unit circulate heated internal air? if so they fog because of you, being the source of water vapour in the car. water vapour condences on the cold glass surface hence the fogging. try either partial opening a window or allow some fresh air in the car through the air condition unit (if possible). re making the water not to stick on glass try turtle wax (other brands are available) and polish the car windows inside and outside. if it rains its more effective (and quite cool I might add) as the water bounces off the glass.
To stop my motorcycle helmet visor misting up I slice a raw potato and wipe the juice on the inside. I guess you could do that with a car windscreen, may need a few spuds though!
ChrisJ800 is offline Find More Posts by ChrisJ800
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:59 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,201 Posts
I just read about that, but thought it was too funny to bother with it. So much nonsense out there that it's hard to believe. I think I have a few around and it's cheap. Nothing to lose there. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ800 View Post
To stop my motorcycle helmet visor misting up I slice a raw potato and wipe the juice on the inside. I guess you could do that with a car windscreen, may need a few spuds though!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:03 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2010
1,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNorth View Post
Well , after trying about 7 different key switches , I found one that gives a very
nice firm feel but not hard like the 9x , and gives a nice click feedback.

I have only fitted the 6 board switches , but the trim buttons will take the same
switch , and give them a responsive click: feedback as well.

They are easy to install , but they are $1.20ea !
It will cost around $17 to retro -fit all the switches.

The switch is made by Omron -# B3U-1000P
Digikey# SW1020CT-ND

I hope this will help you bring your radios up to what you expected.

-Brent
I was going to try THIS or THIS type out.

HERE is 100pcs of your type for $13

Actually, THESE look like they would be a perfect fit, and we wouldnt even have to remove the elastomer. They are only .3mm thick. Just position them properly and they would actuate off the existing elastomer pad. They probably dont have a lot of tactical feel, but thats OK, I just want them to work without much force, and when you need it to.
KKUSA is offline Find More Posts by KKUSA
Last edited by KKUSA; Jan 16, 2013 at 04:22 PM.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:22 PM
Joined Nov 2012
1 Posts
Simple mod for transmitter stand or module protector
ngredelj is offline Find More Posts by ngredelj
Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:26 PM
United States, CA, San Marcos
Joined Jul 2012
267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy01 View Post
Would someone kindly direct me to any links explaining how to get this HK USB Simulator cable installed into Windows 7, please?

I assume that once the driver is installed, the cable should work with the 9XR through the trainer port, correct?

Thanks,

Gene K
You can switch it to XTR, and plug it in, it should take up to 5 minutes. Then unplug switch to second option, and plug it in. Wait for windows 7 to go on line and install it automatically. When its done, unplug, switch to option 3, and plug it in again.
Keep going until the drivers are installed for all modes.
pilotavery is offline Find More Posts by pilotavery
Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:48 PM
Raggistored Usehr
United States, FL
Joined Feb 2012
1,059 Posts

edit: Of course everyone had already found out.
gooby is offline Find More Posts by gooby
Last edited by gooby; Jan 16, 2013 at 07:10 PM.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 05:03 PM
Total Newbie
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Dec 2012
468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovs View Post
Hobbyking released the 9XR battery.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...tter_Pack.html
You're only 12hours late to report that :P
Take it as a joke,no offense intended

Peace
jkishan16 is offline Find More Posts by jkishan16
Old Jan 16, 2013, 05:10 PM
USA, IN, Norman
Joined Nov 2007
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeajr View Post
I am not aware of a transmission option available today that will allow it to transmit on more than 8 channels. Did I miss an announcement?
Well, as I'm sure that you are well aware mostly what is being referred to as 9 channels is including mixing. If you aren't familiar with that check with JR, Futaba and Hitec as well as Graupner and Jeti. I'm sure you are familiar with their offerings boasting more than 8 channels.
RCB1 is offline Find More Posts by RCB1
Old Jan 16, 2013, 05:15 PM
Warbird Fanatic
United States, PA, Coraopolis
Joined Jun 2012
271 Posts
No Luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by helichoper View Post
I would not personally trim the pins as you say other module may not fit--its a easy fix for the Flysky module and alike though--just remove the back of the module and pull the board up then insert the module in to the radio then carefully insert the board and push it till its firmly seated,now put 4 dobs of glue to secure the board but note were the 4 plastic pins seat --trim the 4 pins on the back plate to accommodate the boards new position and you have a perfect fitting module.
Did as you suggested. Fit great, but it took a lot of filing, sanding, dremel work. The pins were off left/right, and needed to be maybe 2mm closer to the outside of case. Once moved, it fit, and would come out and go on easily. The Orange module continued to fit with no problem as well.
Pluuged the FlySky in, and it still would not bind. Perhaps just a bad module. I'll wait a while and maybe try another, or perhaps the newTurnigy module that will use the internal antenna may work with old rx's. Until then I'll use my old TH9X for the old planes and new 9XR and orange module and rx's for the newer planes.
Thanks for the help.
jchtr3a is offline Find More Posts by jchtr3a
Old Jan 16, 2013, 05:20 PM
If it has wings it will fly...
United Kingdom, England, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2011
1,155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ800 View Post
I've heard that beofre but I'd sugest to leave the potatoes alone and buy a progrip anti fog visor insert for your helmet. works great (if your helmet visor has pinlock stay away, just buy the progrip inser and fit it on your visor)
ckleanth is offline Find More Posts by ckleanth
Old Jan 16, 2013, 05:57 PM
United States, CA, Rio Vista
Joined Feb 2012
918 Posts
Skynorth...
Thanks for the find on the switches.
You ought to post this on 9xforums if you haven't.

I would rather buy a skynorth board for the 9xr than try to do the soldering on 17 switches.

Can you give any indications on your thoughts a replacement board yet?
OldDmbThms is offline Find More Posts by OldDmbThms
Old Jan 16, 2013, 06:05 PM
Gone Flying
United States, IN, Covington
Joined Dec 2012
762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
you are correct. as i mentioned earlier better to fix the flysky module which appears to be non-standard. this was implemented in turnigy modules to make sure they fit all radios. instead of hacking radio which may then not make contact with other plug-ins the module connector should be made flush or slightly recessed:

Yup, mine now looks a lot like yours. This fix worked great. I really appreciate the great advice given on this forum.
TechJunkieRC is online now Find More Posts by TechJunkieRC
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2013, 07:10 PM
59 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWind View Post
Yep, you can use any 3S LiPo. No matter what the C rating or the capacity. (as long as it fits )
Usually they have these low C rated ones because they are cheaper and it would be a waste to have it in the radios that don't need such high C rated LiPo,
No, actually, the low-C rating batteries are specifically designed for such applications and are preferable. You can use high-C batteries of the type used to drive a motor, but they do not stand up as well in this kind of application.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66