HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 15, 2013, 01:29 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2010
1,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCB1 View Post
Yeah... this is a 9 channel radio... for how much?

I'm pleased they made one as good as this seems to be for this price. Pretty amazing really.
No, its not amazing really. What is "amazing" is that you have a manufacturer that will sell their radio for <$50 to the dealer so they can sell for $50. I can assure you that say a DX6i, costs no more to manufacture than the 9XR (give or take a few $ for the RF deck), and it retails for 3-4 times more. What it shows you is how greedy the big brands are!!!
KKUSA is offline Find More Posts by KKUSA
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2013, 01:35 PM
United States, CA, San Marcos
Joined Jul 2012
267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
lol! ok, its an 8 VIRTUAL channel radio. also safe to describe it as "16 channel ready".

FINALLY!

ER9X can INDEPENDANTLY assign 8 channels through the modules, and another DIFFERENT 8 CH through the PPM Trainer port.

This means that you could set up some mixes and have aileron+elevator on CH 10 or something... because you run out of switches.

If you had a FrSky DJT and a FrSky DHT-U, or even just 2 FrSky DHT-U kits, and you connected one on the trainer, and one to the module output, you would have 2 receivers, and 16 channels.

If you had a 9CH JR PCM module (Im not sure it exists, but I think Futaba compatible ones do) you could put it in for 9 CH on 72 or 35Mhz band. Or if you tap the PCM signal, you can do some DIY work.
pilotavery is offline Find More Posts by pilotavery
Old Jan 15, 2013, 02:24 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotavery View Post
FINALLY!

ER9X can INDEPENDANTLY assign 8 channels through the modules, and another DIFFERENT 8 CH through the PPM Trainer port.

This means that you could set up some mixes and have aileron+elevator on CH 10 or something... because you run out of switches.

If you had a FrSky DJT and a FrSky DHT-U, or even just 2 FrSky DHT-U kits, and you connected one on the trainer, and one to the module output, you would have 2 receivers, and 16 channels.

If you had a 9CH JR PCM module (Im not sure it exists, but I think Futaba compatible ones do) you could put it in for 9 CH on 72 or 35Mhz band. Or if you tap the PCM signal, you can do some DIY work.
Its been available on ER9X for quite some time. Not only ER9X, but the variants as well, such as Open9X etc.

Keep in mind ER9X is not the only custom firmware for this radio!!

JR 9CH PCM modules have been around for a LOOOOOOOOOONG time as well!!! They exist!!
Old Jan 15, 2013, 02:29 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
5,914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKUSA View Post
JR 9CH PCM modules have been around for a LOOOOOOOOOONG time as well!!! They exist!!
not from flysky they dont. or ever did.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Jan 15, 2013, 03:27 PM
United States, CA, San Marcos
Joined Jul 2012
267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKUSA View Post
Its been available on ER9X for quite some time. Not only ER9X, but the variants as well, such as Open9X etc.

Keep in mind ER9X is not the only custom firmware for this radio!!

I meant finally someone actually realizes that ER9X can do that. I said ER9X because it is the 9XR stock FW.
pilotavery is offline Find More Posts by pilotavery
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:08 PM
Joined Apr 2006
1,228 Posts
elevator ch. is throttle in mode 2..pls help

well just got my 9xr ... mode 2 throttle of left stick...put in the frsky module.. no matter what mode i select 1.2.3 or.4.. the throttle is on the right(elev) stick.. i\m i doin something wrong..
it would even warn me the throttle (elev) stick is not down(on mode 1 and 3)..on start up..

is there a way to assign these control sticks... other than mode selection..

pls. help..
barok is offline Find More Posts by barok
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:12 PM
United States, OR
Joined Jan 2013
63 Posts
ordered mine back on the 2nd, just got an email that says its shipping so looks like mode 2 is no longer backordered.
dracozny is offline Find More Posts by dracozny
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:17 PM
Joined Jan 2013
1 Posts
Barok, assign the sticks in the mixer.
r4square is offline Find More Posts by r4square
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:35 PM
Joined Apr 2006
1,228 Posts
r4square...got it.. thank you ..
i knew some1 will come to the rescue..
barok is offline Find More Posts by barok
Old Jan 15, 2013, 05:15 PM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,309 Posts
has anyone connected an anylink into the futaba port? i am trying to connect the anylink to fly my 1sq and micro f86 but so far i cant get it to bind to the 1sq. Any tips?
shadow102 is online now Find More Posts by shadow102
Old Jan 15, 2013, 05:59 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeajr View Post
I am not aware of a transmission option available today that will allow it to transmit on more than 8 channels. Did I miss an announcement?
Spektrum DM9 does 9 channels.

XPS, and I believe Jeti, support up to 16 channels in PPM mode.

Also some UHF systems support more than 8 channels.

Pat MacKenzie
pmackenzie is offline Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Jan 15, 2013, 06:18 PM
Radio? Screwdriver!
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Aug 2011
937 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie View Post
Spektrum DM9 does 9 channels.

XPS, and I believe Jeti, support up to 16 channels in PPM mode.

Also some UHF systems support more than 8 channels.

Pat MacKenzie
Hitec 2.4GHz supports 9 channels too.
SimonChambers is offline Find More Posts by SimonChambers
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 15, 2013, 06:44 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
not from flysky they dont. or ever did.
When was that ever even mentioned?

Also, has anybody's vertical axis sticks become a little sloppy? My right (elevator) stick has a little slop in it now. It may have been there from the beginning and I am just now noticing it, but Im pretty sure its a new "development". There is about 1mm slop, .5mm (at the base) each way on my right vertical axis.

Also, my right stick horizontal pot seems to be a little loose. It will not center analog value wise each time, and it differs for each direction. Plus it will not hold calibration to the extreme right, as it moves a little. I have PPMUS enabled in Open9X so I can see PWM values, and all other sticks will return to a perfect 1500us every time, and the throttle will hit a perfect 988/2012 every time at extremes. The right horizontal will not.

This may be due to the sloppiness in the stick, as the pot supports the stick. Im going to tear it back down and see what the deal is. Has to be a loose, or bunk pot.
Last edited by KKUSA; Jan 15, 2013 at 06:53 PM.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 06:57 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
United States, FL, North Fort Myers
Joined Mar 2012
1,153 Posts
This is observation of the obvious. Every subject thread eventually degenerates into explorations by the experts. Using abbreviations and nuances that only they understand.

Where can I go to find someone who will teach me how to use the Turnigy 9X?

DJ
Sculptor is online now Find More Posts by Sculptor
Old Jan 15, 2013, 07:10 PM
If it has wings it will fly...
United Kingdom, England, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2011
1,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculptor View Post
This is observation of the obvious. Every subject thread eventually degenerates into explorations by the experts. Using abbreviations and nuances that only they understand.

Where can I go to find someone who will teach me how to use the Turnigy 9X?

DJ
here?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1616229

edit:
also http://9xforums.com/forum/index.php?...0930c93aaf3236

and http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1266162
ckleanth is online now Find More Posts by ckleanth