Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 07, 2013, 09:45 PM
United States, OR
Joined Jan 2013
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Yeah, I'm curious on the rotary knob mod too.
possible source
http://www.digikey.ca/scripts/dksear...&keywords=TSWB

long thread about the mod
http://9xforums.com/forum/viewtopic....4&hilit=rotary
dracozny is offline Find More Posts by dracozny
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2013, 10:19 PM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
Awesome, thanks for the info. I'll be check it out.

Well that looks like more work than I thought. I think I'll just leave things alone for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracozny View Post
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by efx; Jan 07, 2013 at 10:29 PM.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 10:28 PM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathWarmedUp View Post
...I am still keeping my modified 9X as backup but I think it will be gathering some cobwebs. And I certainly wont be selling my new toy on EBay.
Me either, for around 100usd slow shipped with module I will be rec'ing this radio knowing I'll have to help ...

It feels better in my hands too

Where do I get the module to be able to upload my models into the radio?

I looked through the user manual and didn't see anything in regards to uploading models

thx in advance
erh7771 is online now Find More Posts by erh7771
Old Jan 07, 2013, 11:13 PM
United States, OR
Joined Jan 2013
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erh7771 View Post
Me either, for around 100usd slow shipped with module I will be rec'ing this radio knowing I'll have to help ...

It feels better in my hands too

Where do I get the module to be able to upload my models into the radio?

I looked through the user manual and didn't see anything in regards to uploading models

thx in advance
you mean this? http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...occessors.html

you can also use companion9x to load models and FW
Old Jan 07, 2013, 11:19 PM
Plane Fanatic
Australia, QLD, Gympie
Joined Jul 2007
708 Posts
Yep, thats the Programmer you need. Has the 6 pin plug to suit the 9XR.

I personally use EEPE as I had a compatibility issue with ER9X the other week using Companion9X.

Be aware you cannot Edit the Models in EEPE that are saved with the Stock ER9X Version HK have put on the Radio so Flash the latest ER9X to the 9XR first.

Check out http://9xforums.com/ for info.
DeathWarmedUp is online now Find More Posts by DeathWarmedUp
Old Jan 07, 2013, 11:26 PM
United States, OR
Joined Jan 2013
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathWarmedUp View Post
Yep, thats the Programmer you need. Has the 6 pin plug to suit the 9XR.

I personally use EEPE as I had a compatibility issue with ER9X the other week using Companion9X.

Be aware you cannot Edit the Models in EEPE that are saved with the Stock ER9X Version HK have put on the Radio so Flash the latest ER9X to the 9XR first.

Check out http://9xforums.com/ for info.
maybe that explains why my attempts to open any of the eepe files shared in the template section of the site seem to have blank mixes and settings. about all that seems to carry over is the name of the model.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 11:48 PM
Pilot, Co-pilot, Navagator
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Sep 2009
2,762 Posts
okay, first i hear of the new 9xr.
i get all excited.
i sell my dsm2 9x with super firmware.
i see 9xr.
i puke all over my laptop.
i want my old 9x back.
i cry a lot at nite.
nemoskull is offline Find More Posts by nemoskull
Old Jan 08, 2013, 01:14 AM
Plane Fanatic
Australia, QLD, Gympie
Joined Jul 2007
708 Posts
First mistake - selling 9X - I kept one as backup

Second mistake - puking on laptop - makes it yucky to type posts on here

btw I luv my 9XR but my 9X is great too.
DeathWarmedUp is online now Find More Posts by DeathWarmedUp
Old Jan 08, 2013, 01:21 AM
United States, CA, San Marcos
Joined Jul 2012
267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovs View Post
You can even have a second 9XR for the same price!
Haha... $500 gets my Mode 2 9XR with on screen telemetry, Open9x firmware the FLD-02, 2 frsky receivers, 2 sensor hubs, 2 of every sensor, and the DJT module, the USB cable for AVR programmer, the FRsky USB update cable, some better stick grips, and you get 2 day shipping CONUS! Beat that!
pilotavery is offline Find More Posts by pilotavery
Old Jan 08, 2013, 01:25 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechJunkieRC View Post
Ok. received my 9XR and FlySky module both today. I wanted to use the FlySky module to fly my V911s and use on a couple of FlySky receivers.

I tried to plug the flysky module in and it would not go. I did not force it instead I got a flashlight and looked. The pins in the 9XR were leaning too close to the side of the unit. I moved them slightly away and the Flysky module seated. Only unusual thing is the module seemed higher on the side of the pins. I put it in and out a few times and it seemed ok. On the last time the black pin holder from the FlySky module stayed on the 9XR pins. I opened the FlySky module and it appears as if:
1) the pins on the 9XR are just a few mm too long or 2) the board in the FlySky module is seated a little to low in the module case. Either way the pins in the FlySky module that mate with the 9XR pins were pushed off of the circuit board and broke the soldering joints to the point of ruing the traces on the board. It appears to be irreparable. I have decent soldering skills and there seemed no way to get the pins to hold has the metal part of the circuit board they solder to popped off of the circuit board.

I am not sure what could have been done differently. I only seated the module until it clicked into place. Very frustrated and disappointed. Looks like I will have to order another FlySky Module. Still not sure if it is the Module or the pin length in the 9XR.
The culprit is the module, not in pins.
A good designed module should use an open connector, i.e. able to allow pass through of pins of any length.
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Jan 08, 2013, 05:15 AM
Registered Adict
Australia, WA, Drummond Cove
Joined Jun 2012
383 Posts
HK have just amended the http://www.turnigy9xr.com/ website and added ER9X and OPEN9X as "APPROVED" software.
It would appear that they are not concerned if users do not use their fork in the firmware. That's a wise move IMO.
tignmeg is offline Find More Posts by tignmeg
Old Jan 08, 2013, 05:26 AM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,538 Posts
Maybe the developers told HK to fork off as they will be developing from the latest version of er9X and not the old HK version! Anyone using Open9X yet on the 9XR?
ChrisJ800 is offline Find More Posts by ChrisJ800
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:32 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,831 Posts
Well Chrissy just ordered me one to have a play with. Have to get my programming cable back.

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Jan 08, 2013, 09:39 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,021 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechJunkieRC View Post
I am still not certain it wasn't the module but I don't have another one here to compare to. The connector was sticking out of the case probably a mm or so.
on all 3 of my flysky modules the female connector is flush or even slightly recessed. two are from hk 9x radios and the other is from a hobbypartz 9x. this might indicate your module is the fault. is it one of the aliexpress modules?

imo no matter what the damaged one can be fixed even if it takes a new connector, wire, and high strength epoxy.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Jan 08, 2013, 10:10 AM
USA, SE Wisconsin
Joined May 2009
2,375 Posts
3 of my Flysky modules. 2 Turnigy hard wired and 1 Flysky branded.

Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357661403.145450.jpg
Views: 242
Size: 101.8 KB
Description:
crucial is offline Find More Posts by crucial