SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 06, 2013, 07:42 AM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil alvirez View Post
i learned to fly full size (you call them 'real') airplanes way before radio controlled model airplanes,
In some languages the term "full size" doesn't translate very well. In my mother language we say "Real Size" maybe that's why i called it real aircraft. I stand corrected though.
jhsa is online now Find More Posts by jhsa
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2013, 07:46 AM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil alvirez View Post
i learned to fly full size (you call them 'real') airplanes way before radio controlled model airplanes, and with them the throttle is on the left (and aile/elev on the right) , so it was just a logical thing to me to go mode 2.
On my "big" plane, and all other side-by-side seating ones I can recall, the pilot used his/her left hand to control elevator/aileron and right hand for the throttle. The person in the right seat did the opposite.

So the logical thing would be mode 3?

The reason I went mode 1 in the mid-60s was that everyone did. At the time we were making the transition from audio reed radios, where there were switches on the right for rudder and aileron, and on the left for elevator, elevator trim and throttle. So the basic idea of separating elevator and aileron was ingrained. So proportional radios with two sticks were normally mode 1. I don't recall even seeing a mode 2 radio till some time in the 70s.

The other mode that was used was single stick but that was definitely in the minority.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Jan 06, 2013, 08:24 AM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WimH View Post
Then explain why this has 1 , while there are 2 posts. Seen several others showing number of posts is NOT it.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Heatsink.html
I thought it was the number of reply's to the discussions & the discussion starter isn't counted
nebstress is online now Find More Posts by nebstress
Old Jan 06, 2013, 08:29 AM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yihaaa View Post
Sorry....I've found your link:

I will going to order the same.
Did you perhaps got reply regarding a shorter version?
You don't get a reply, if you don't want the default size you just leave a message telling them the size you want:

Code:
Optional Length
4"(10cm)
6"(15cm) default
8"(20cm)
12"(30cm)
nebstress is online now Find More Posts by nebstress
Old Jan 06, 2013, 08:51 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,774 Posts
So does anyone have one working with the $20 Flysky module that is available? Was any modification required?
shahram72 is online now Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Jan 06, 2013, 09:10 AM
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus66 View Post
On my "big" plane, and all other side-by-side seating ones I can recall, the pilot used his/her left hand to control elevator/aileron and right hand for the throttle. The person in the right seat did the opposite.

So the logical thing would be mode 3?
For that plane, yes
All the planes I flew have the throttle on the left side, that is the case of the plane in my avatar (chipmunk). exceptions are the cessna(s), throttle on the right hand, and the jabiru, that has the throttle between the pilot's legs
Old Jan 06, 2013, 09:14 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,432 Posts
You skin the modes too much
Two years ago, at my first trip in UK, I was able to drive reversed in 5 minutes after getting car from rental center.
First some taxi in the yard, then followed a bus who helped me to become familiar to get roundabouts in the clockwise direction, but the most important... forgot to specify it was 5AM, and zero traffic
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Jan 06, 2013, 09:26 AM
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,573 Posts
looool
Old Jan 06, 2013, 09:35 AM
Joined May 2005
829 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa View Post
You skin the modes too much
Two years ago, at my first trip in UK, I was able to drive reversed in 5 minutes after getting car from rental center.
First some taxi in the yard, then followed a bus who helped me to become familiar to get roundabouts in the clockwise direction, but the most important... forgot to specify it was 5AM, and zero traffic
That'd be worse for me with no traffic. If my mind wandered as I went over hill and dale and intersections I might switch to the right-hand pattern without thinking about it. Especially on a country road where here you always go to the right coming up unmarked roads in North America.
caseih is offline Find More Posts by caseih
Old Jan 06, 2013, 11:02 AM
USA, SE Wisconsin
Joined May 2009
2,375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
So does anyone have one working with the $20 Flysky module that is available? Was any modification required?
I plugged in my V2 flysky module and it worked just fine.
crucial is offline Find More Posts by crucial
Old Jan 06, 2013, 11:34 AM
Gone Flying
United States, IN, Covington
Joined Dec 2012
806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crucial View Post
Good news. I had read on turnigy9xr.com forum that at least one person said he found it necessary to make slight adjustments to the module for proper contact with the pins in the 9XR. He said it went in fine and woud bind but then had trouble connecting again. I was hoping I was not going to have to mod out of the box since I purchased the FlySky module as well to work with my V911 and the FlySky modules I already have.
TechJunkieRC is online now Find More Posts by TechJunkieRC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Beaver Skis
Old Jan 06, 2013, 11:48 AM
Belgium, Flemish Region, Oosterzele
Joined Dec 2001
5,499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebstress View Post
I thought it was the number of reply's to the discussions & the discussion starter isn't counted
correct! If I count only the replies it matches every time. OK, that problem is solved(even if it was only me... hehe), on to the rest...
WimH is online now Find More Posts by WimH
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: That elusive thermal...
Old Jan 06, 2013, 11:50 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechJunkieRC View Post
Good news. I had read on turnigy9xr.com forum that at least one person said he found it necessary to make slight adjustments to the module for proper contact with the pins in the 9XR. He said it went in fine and woud bind but then had trouble connecting again. I was hoping I was not going to have to mod out of the box since I purchased the FlySky module as well to work with my V911 and the FlySky modules I already have.
Thanks for the updates both you guys. I was concerned about this as I like the Flysky protocol and want both DSM2/X and Flysky. I like to be able to use the Flysky module that has a back where the radio does not rest on the antenna but on the module. Now I am tempted to buy, if I did not already have 2 9x radios. But I am waiting for the DSM2 module that uses the in built antenna. No way I'm using that Orange one with the breakaway antenna "feature".
shahram72 is online now Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Jan 06, 2013, 12:18 PM
USA, SE Wisconsin
Joined May 2009
2,375 Posts
I did have to fiddle with the pins quite a bit to get it to go in but once they lined up it went in and locked ok. They don't instill much confidence in me so I hope they hold up with repeated insertions.
crucial is offline Find More Posts by crucial
Old Jan 06, 2013, 12:19 PM
Warbird Fanatic
United States, PA, Coraopolis
Joined Jun 2012
275 Posts
Saves me $$$$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by crucial View Post
Glad to hear confirmation that it works. I have several planes with assorted RX's from Turnigy, FlySky, and Hobby King all working off my FlySky TH9X TX, and it would have been an expensive proposition to put a new RX in them all. So this will save me big time. I'm glad HK kept it backwards compatible, as they could probably have sold a ton of RX's for the new 9XR. Of course they will anyway, but perhaps not as many.
The "Vanilla 6ch plane" Template-----is that for a 4 ch plane that has gear and flaps as well? That would be a big plus for me.
jchtr3a is offline Find More Posts by jchtr3a