HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:40 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie View Post
There are lots on Ebay, but you will need one that has a 6 pin header and most of them have 10 pin.

I found this one that should work which includes a 10 to 6 converter.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USBASP-USBIS...item2a2343fe9a

Pat MacKenzie
Are there step-by-step instructions somewhere on downloading to the 9XR via EEPE? I have a 9X with Smartie Parts board and download via USB connection. It looks like I have the dongle and 6 pin (2x3) connector. I'm just not sure if downloads are down via EEPE or need some different steps.

Iskess...if you make it here before you get your programmer we can probably do the firmware upgrade...if I understand how it's done.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:50 PM
chicken nuggets
Joined Aug 2011
226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchtr3a View Post
Read in the HK discussion area on the Mode 2 9XR that "several" have been received with the plastic case cracked. Haven't heard anything like that on this thread. Perhaps just someone trying to cause a stir.
Check on the HK forum - there are pics of the moulding issue. Cosmetic problem but quite noticable.
HeliHaven is offline Find More Posts by HeliHaven
Old Jan 05, 2013, 10:54 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,966 Posts
It should be exactly the same process.
Make sure your dongle is one of the types listed in eePe as a programmer. The one I linked to is the same one used in the Smartieparts board - USBasp.

(I don't have a 9XR, just going by what has been posted about it)

Pat MacKenzie
pmackenzie is online now Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Jan 05, 2013, 11:14 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2011
648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovs View Post
Is there any way to use the 9x with original firmware with the 9XR as a trainer (or the other way round)?
Very easy if you use 9X as the slave and 9XR as the master. You just have the 9X setup as a basic 4 channel mix (no expo or trim) and all the settings from the 9XR will be used. Need to set the model on the 9XR to have trainer enabled.
BrettAltea is offline Find More Posts by BrettAltea
Old Jan 05, 2013, 11:16 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2011
648 Posts
Need to pull the module out of the 9X.
http://9xforums.com/wiki/index.php/E...ructor/Student
BrettAltea is offline Find More Posts by BrettAltea
Old Jan 05, 2013, 11:38 PM
USA, SE Wisconsin
Joined May 2009
2,375 Posts
If you have er9x installed on the 9x then you don't need to pull the module out. Just enable ppmsim and it will work fine.
crucial is offline Find More Posts by crucial
Old Jan 06, 2013, 12:41 AM
Windsor, Canada, near Detroit
Joined Jul 2007
5,162 Posts
post 3389

Originally Posted by phil alvirez
so i can use any 3 cells lipo-as long as it fits and the plug matches-and remove to charge as i do with all my lipos, with my balance-charger?

kovs answered on post 3389:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovs View Post
Yes.

thanks
phil alvirez is offline Find More Posts by phil alvirez
Old Jan 06, 2013, 12:53 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WimH View Post
Mine was sent out today , ordered on 24/12 just after stock ran out (Mode 1) Mode2's have been out on several occasions already.Looks like they sold 175 Mode 1 and 945 Mode 2 so far...

Good boy !
I doubt the mode 2 figure. Was watching stocks some minutes after posting, and they started under 500 units. One of mine was #472, under half hour after launching, and they were available for about 4 hours (15 to 19 GMT).
The whole ordering process can't be shorter than 30 seconds, and this fact and the one unit limit were the factors making sale so slow, but helping a lot of people getting them, instead ebay crows.
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Jan 06, 2013, 12:55 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie View Post
It should be exactly the same process.
Make sure your dongle is one of the types listed in eePe as a programmer. The one I linked to is the same one used in the Smartieparts board - USBasp.

(I don't have a 9XR, just going by what has been posted about it)

Pat MacKenzie
Thanks Pat. I think I have what it takes on hand then. I have a USBasp dongle I got from HK. I use(d) to flash my KK board and ATMEL ESCs with SimonK firmware using the LazyZero tool. I'm like you...don't have a 9XR and probably won't get one...already got a 9X and a spare...no need for a third. I wanted to verify to help out a fellow flier...should he need his downloaded when we next meet up.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 06, 2013, 02:00 AM
|Taranis|>|All other Tx's|
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
6,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa View Post
I doubt the mode 2 figure. Was watching stocks some minutes after posting, and they started under 500 units. One of mine was #472, under half hour after launching, and they were available for about 4 hours (15 to 19 GMT).
The whole ordering process can't be shorter than 30 seconds, and this fact and the one unit limit were the factors making sale so slow, but helping a lot of people getting them, instead ebay crows.
Your logic is sound -- however they have been shipping backorders for several days now -- so it's not impossible. The disparity between mode 1 and mode 2 makes me more suspicious of the numbers. I thought mode 1 was for metric countries and mode 2 for Imperial countries.
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
Old Jan 06, 2013, 02:29 AM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,537 Posts
so, I guess that i'm a metric person with an imperial tendency.
jhsa is offline Find More Posts by jhsa
Old Jan 06, 2013, 02:38 AM
kha
openLRSng haxor
Finland, Espoo
Joined Mar 2011
1,987 Posts
Well my view for the modes is that mode 1 is 'old school' and most newer users use mode 2 as it is analogous to what e.g. games have.

Mode 2 also allows 'one hand' flying
kha is offline Find More Posts by kha
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 06, 2013, 02:43 AM
gold coast
Joined Jan 2010
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsa View Post
so, I guess that i'm a metric person with an imperial tendency.
+1
It was how I was taught to fly
fantomphish is offline Find More Posts by fantomphish
Old Jan 06, 2013, 02:52 AM
United States, GA, Columbus
Joined Mar 2002
1,125 Posts
Originally Posted by Yihaaa Got mine 9XR today (Netherlands). I want to install a FrSky DIY kit and make use of the internal antenna. Anyone tried this already?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebstress View Post
As already posted, I am just waiting for a right angle MCX to U.FL pigtail to arrive then I will be using the DHT DIY module & connecting it to the internal antenna.
So, in short, the answer to his question would be no.
JIMinKENTUCKY is offline Find More Posts by JIMinKENTUCKY
Last edited by JIMinKENTUCKY; Jan 06, 2013 at 03:01 AM.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 03:00 AM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,629 Posts
The quality precision pilots must be on Mode 1 and the unwashed masses on Mode 2 based on the numbers above
ChrisJ800 is offline Find More Posts by ChrisJ800