HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:04 PM
Belgium, Flemish Region, Oosterzele
Joined Dec 2001
5,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
whats really a laugh is how er9x "core group" pretend to have invented the 9x radio but we all know where that originated.
Strange, they must have forgotten this when trying to hide the origin:

Quote:
About
The Eurgle/FlySky/Imax/Turnigy 9x r/c Transmitter is a nicely built unit basically copied from a more recognized manufacturer.

The unit itself hosts an Atmel AtMega64 8-bit MCU. The hardware includes 2 sticks, 3 potentiometers and 7 switches. It also supports a 128x64px screen without a back light.

This project replaces the software that comes with the standard transmitter with a more powerful and flexible version.

Some of the many improvements are: Up to 16 Models in memory Up to 16 output channels Multi-level mixes Any function can be assigned to any output 5pt and 9pt curves, variable sound, frsky telemetry support and much much more!

This project is based on the th9x project. http://code.google.com/p/th9x/
http://code.google.com/p/er9x/wiki/About?tm=6
WimH is online now Find More Posts by WimH
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: That elusive thermal...
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:29 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,021 Posts
mostly forgot to mention little of that here or the other site. before or since. certainly not brought up very often amidst the praise and adoration of our beloved local group.

even then they start by accusing hk of ripping off somebody else. and end up with typical ad hype. anyway that tiny link looks tacked on as an afterthought and theres no mention of the actual people involved.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:53 PM
I ♥ OpenTX
Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Joined Jan 2011
2,676 Posts
When multinational$ like Oracle, IBM, and SAP duke it out to the tune of billions, attempting to sometimes hurt and sometimes help each other, depending on whether they're symbiotic or competitive in a given market niche, the very first thing they always say is "We'd like to thank Linus for making our machinations possible"
H2SO4 is offline Find More Posts by H2SO4
Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:58 PM
Glow 😡 no no no
Australia, SA, Evanston Park
Joined Mar 2010
4,652 Posts
Quote:
mostly forgot to mention little of that here or the other site. before or since. certainly not brought up very often amidst the praise and adoration of our beloved local group.

even then they start by accusing hk of ripping off somebody else. and end up with typical ad hype. anyway that tiny link looks tacked on as an afterthought and theres no mention of the actual people involved.
Anybody seen the hobbyking kk2 page ?. They are clearly giving credit to the designer "Note: A user manual is available under the files tab.
*Royalties paid on each unit sold to Rolf R Bakke, the original KK Designer."
aeromaniac is offline Find More Posts by aeromaniac
Old Dec 27, 2012, 04:02 PM
The connaisseur's connaisseur.
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Dec 2012
8 Posts
Anyone know if this USB cable will work on this controller?

http://www.meritline.com/fms-simulat...rce=nextaghdac
ArthurNava is offline Find More Posts by ArthurNava
Old Dec 27, 2012, 04:06 PM
USA, SE Wisconsin
Joined May 2009
2,375 Posts
Nobody has the radio yet how would they know if it works with it?
crucial is offline Find More Posts by crucial
Old Dec 27, 2012, 04:13 PM
Joined May 2005
816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie View Post
But even if they weren't, a patent search should be able to turn them up.
Thanks for the patent number reference. Doesn't appear to be involved with HK's Spektrum-compatible gear, though.

As for patent searching, in today's business world, companies typically never do patent searches. In fact I heard of one company where the legal department expressly forbid employees from doing patent searches. The reason is they never could possibly find every patent some adversary might feel infringes. And whether or not something infringes is often in dispute. If it's revealed in a court proceeding that a company did find patent A, but no mention of patent B, the judge is likely to question whether the company found B and just hid the fact. Plausible deniability is always better than a willful infringement judgment.

Until a complaint has been lodged (and it doesn't look like Spektrum as actually lodged an actual patent complaint against HK themselves), HK should take no action. HK is not dealing in counterfeit Spektrum gear, after all.
caseih is offline Find More Posts by caseih
Old Dec 27, 2012, 04:13 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,021 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurNava View Post

if it works with the 9x it almost certainly will here. so best advice is go to the turnigy $80 megathread and ask there. probably somebody has already tried it. it does look quite versatile with all those adapters.

btw welcome to the monkey house. lots of fun and rare cases educational. many helpful individuals.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Dec 27, 2012, 04:19 PM
Joined Dec 2012
8 Posts
Quote:
Nobody has the radio yet how would they know if it works with it?
It has outputs for buddy box (I think that's what it's called) for JR and Futaba, I really don't know if these are the ports that you use for the simulator cable. I figured someone with more experience with this would know, and by looking at the connectors on the USB cable be able to tell me. I imagine all of these controllers work in a similar fashion, I hardly imagine a Chinese company like HobbyKing reinventing the wheel with this controller, and since this is my first controller (for flying, it's been 12 years since I last built an RC/Car) I think someone with more experience in this arena would be able to know if, or if you cannot use it.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 04:20 PM
Joined Dec 2012
8 Posts
Quote:
if it works with the 9x it almost certainly will here. so best advice is go to the turnigy $80 megathread and ask there. probably somebody has already tried it. it does look quite versatile with all those adapters.

btw welcome to the monkey house. lots of fun and rare cases educational. many helpful individuals.
Thanks, I'll check that thread out.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 04:41 PM
Joined Oct 2011
17 Posts
Post by post and so many silly question are telling me the is going to be in ebay so many cheap 9XR, I just seating relax with a beer and waiting will be like shooting fish in a barrel.
AlexNZ is offline Find More Posts by AlexNZ
Old Dec 27, 2012, 04:47 PM
FPV Crash Dummy
United States, CT, Bloomfield
Joined Aug 2007
402 Posts
You mean like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turnigy-9XR-...item3f20865201
igorp is offline Find More Posts by igorp
Old Dec 27, 2012, 04:50 PM
United States, CA, San Marcos
Joined Jul 2012
267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurNava View Post

Yes. It's the same board, and will output PPM through trainer...
pilotavery is offline Find More Posts by pilotavery
Old Dec 27, 2012, 04:51 PM
Raggistored Usehr
United States, FL
Joined Feb 2012
1,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorp View Post
I would feel guilty if I sold the 9XR for that much money.
gooby is offline Find More Posts by gooby
Old Dec 27, 2012, 04:51 PM
Balsa addiction since age 3
Upstate NY
Joined May 2005
1,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKUSA View Post
No, you read it wrong. What it is saying is FrSky has named their software project "OpenX9D" , not that they are using Open9X.
I will be the first to admit that I gloss over things sometimes...

Scott
ScottSails is offline Find More Posts by ScottSails