HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 27, 2012, 01:04 AM
The Dude Abides
United States, IN, Fortville
Joined Jan 2012
100 Posts
Anybody have a Flysky module with ant. for cheap? Just got my v911 in with no way to fly it...

Figured this might be an area where people have extra 9X stuff laying around since most just got the 9XR...
dsmithwc04 is offline Find More Posts by dsmithwc04
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 27, 2012, 01:11 AM
The Dude Abides
Joined Jan 2012
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorp View Post
That's the one I use in my Futaba 7C, and its great. I guess I'll have to solder on a JST connector.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pda4you View Post
This looks to have the correct JST plug for the 9XR correct?
Old Dec 27, 2012, 01:20 AM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmithwc04 View Post
This looks to have the correct JST plug for the 9XR correct?
No it does not have a JST plug so you will need to solder one on. Dont confuse it with the balance connector which you probably dont want to change as usually is needed for charging.
ChrisJ800 is online now Find More Posts by ChrisJ800
Old Dec 27, 2012, 01:23 AM
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,639 Posts
You need a JST plug B3 per http://www.eflightwiki.com/eflightwi..._Balance_Plugs
Old Dec 27, 2012, 01:42 AM
The Dude Abides
Joined Jan 2012
100 Posts
It looks to have two discharge plugs. One looks like the balance type plug (which I thought is what is needed)
Old Dec 27, 2012, 02:05 AM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2010
1,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmithwc04 View Post
It looks to have two discharge plugs. One looks like the balance type plug (which I thought is what is needed)
This is plug it will likely have.

I have many if you need one when you get your stuff.
KKUSA is offline Find More Posts by KKUSA
Old Dec 27, 2012, 02:38 AM
Mark Harrison
USA, CA, Piedmont
Joined Jun 2010
2,269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC View Post
The above quote from the 9xr site doesn't mean that the 9xr requires 3s to operate. It means the 9xr supports 3s lipo's and the 'Required' means the Tx is not supplied with it.

I do however, agree with gruntboy for most part. The 9xr is a pre modded 9x. It'll be interesting to see if telemetry on screen is an included feature.

KC
That's pretty much my take. I've got a 9x with backlight and er9x, and it's really nice. Add in some improved sticks(?) and it will be a pretty nice unit.

I wouldn't be surprised if they plan on moving forward with their own er9x software if they add telemetry.
marhar is offline Find More Posts by marhar
Old Dec 27, 2012, 02:47 AM
United States, CA, San Marcos
Joined Jul 2012
267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marhar View Post
That's pretty much my take. I've got a 9x with backlight and er9x, and it's really nice. Add in some improved sticks(?) and it will be a pretty nice unit.

I wouldn't be surprised if they plan on moving forward with their own er9x software if they add telemetry.
Hahaha hobbyking doesnt program...
pilotavery is offline Find More Posts by pilotavery
Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:13 AM
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,639 Posts
I asked this over in the telemetrez thread but will ask here too. Would Telemetrez work with the 9XR to get telemetry from a Frsky DJT appearing on the screen? Any firmware issues?
Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:19 AM
Happy FPV flyer
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Sep 2006
4,898 Posts
Telemetrez relies on the connections between the board and switches/accessories. So far nobody knows if they've kept the same wiring as the 9x.

Stock 9xr firmware seems too old to include telemetrez support, so upgrading would likely be needed.
Kilrah is offline Find More Posts by Kilrah
Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:44 AM
Joined Nov 2006
2,118 Posts
they could have use the unused pins of the module to make them ready to be used with frsky telemetry units,
working with frsky yo make personalized units in order to pass the data to those pins

lot of cheap improvements lacks in 9xr,

remove the handle radio is a big mistake, how to use a radio stand now ? or how to attach an LRS box...
without the handle how you attach a Frsky LCD ?
you also can't protect the antena of a external module,
wallaguest1 is offline Find More Posts by wallaguest1
Old Dec 27, 2012, 04:50 AM
Joined Oct 2010
1,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallaguest1 View Post
they could have use the unused pins of the module to make them ready to be used with frsky telemetry units,
working with frsky yo make personalized units in order to pass the data to those pins

lot of cheap improvements lacks in 9xr,

remove the handle radio is a big mistake, how to use a radio stand now ? or how to attach an LRS box...
without the handle how you attach a Frsky LCD ?
you also can't protect the antena of a external module,
Yea, they should have at least put a typical handle on the back, or integrated a stand.

There are many things they got wrong in the design, and none of it is forward thinking. Actually a step back in some aspects.

The exclusion of the telemetry port was a conscious one. They knew what they were doing. Unless, it happens to be on the unused module pins, and the module they are supposedly working on with FrSky will interface to the module pins so no external cable or crazy wiring is needed. From their point, that would be the ideal method of telemetry connection for the 9XR FrSky module.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 04:53 AM
Joined Apr 2010
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotavery View Post
Hahaha hobbyking doesnt program...
They must have done some to get the different menu.
aesmith is offline Find More Posts by aesmith
Old Dec 27, 2012, 05:05 AM
Joined Oct 2010
1,030 Posts
Just FYI , the second batch was just in, and at -12 now. My order first day was a back order and now its updated in my account as in stock. So back orders for the last few days should be shipping.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 06:08 AM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
17,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by molond View Post
There is no need for the software to have specific protocol support since the module acts as a middle man, changing PPM into the protocol used by said module and then send it out.
FWIW, DSM2/DSMX support in ER9X is through using the module from a DX4e, which does not use PPM as the input. It uses serial data.
This has several advantages over using PPM:
-No PPM conversion delay
- Serial data is presented at the correct speed, so RF output is in sync. Non synchronized can produce 1 to 2 frame delays.
- Model match capability
- True 11msec frame rate ( not implemented in the release code, but it does work )

If the HK module only uses PPM it will never have as low a latency as is possible using the DX4e module. If they were clever they will have made their module auto detect the type of signal. Time will tell if this is the case.

Pat MacKenzie
pmackenzie is offline Find More Posts by pmackenzie